[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
I experienced a situation where I cannot pass walking north->south through netherrack just mined immediately after receiving the "whispers" warp effect after acquiring forbidden knowledge. However, I can pass through the space walking south->north. I am playing the regrowth 0.7.1 locally on my home machine. Is this invisible barrier effect a new thaumcraft warp or one of the other mods?

briang

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make mana pearls?

I waited until holding an ender pearl over the mana pool showed a tick and threw the pearl in. It took about 2.5 hearts off me and consumed the ender pearl but I didn't get anything back.

This was using 0.72

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
I experienced a situation where I cannot pass walking north->south through netherrack just mined immediately after receiving the "whispers" warp effect after acquiring forbidden knowledge. However, I can pass through the space walking south->north. I am playing the regrowth 0.7.1 locally on my home machine. Is this invisible barrier effect a new thaumcraft warp or one of the other mods?
Client lag-server lag. Since MC runs as a server even locally your client thinks the blocks have broken and are not showing, the server thinks they are still there so wont let you pass.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019

I waited until holding an ender pearl over the mana pool showed a tick and threw the pearl in. It took about 2.5 hearts off me and consumed the ender pearl but I didn't get anything back.

This was using 0.72
Drop it (Q by default) Right clicking it throws the pearl which will teleport you to where it lands dealing slight damage on arrival

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

This was using 0.72
You dont throw it with right click! Just 'dump' it with the Q key

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
Client lag-server lag. Since MC runs as a server even locally your client thinks the blocks have broken and are not showing, the server thinks they are still there so wont let you pass.

Somehow I don't think so since I have restarted my game a couple of times already and every time I load up the game and go back to the spot in the nether where I experienced the "whispers" effect I still cannot walk into that space while traveling from north to south. In addition, if I go around the area that has this strange barrier effect, I can walk into the space walking south to north. I can even walk north enough that I pass through the barrier. But then I turn around and try to go the other way and I can't.

Last edited:

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry i meant The dream catcher and i have always used two pools and never got a nightmare.

Edit: Dream Weaver of Nightmares %50
Brew of Flowing Spirit %10 up to three
Wispy Cotton %10 Up to two

So yea you are right. My bad :p

Last edited:

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Somehow I don't think so since I have restarted my game a couple of times already and every time I load up the game and go back to the spot in the nether where I experienced the "whispers" effect I still cannot walk into that space while traveling from north to south. In addition, if I go around the area that has this strange barrier effect, I can walk into the space walking south to north. I can even walk north enough that I pass through the barrier. But then I turn around and try to go the other way and I can't.
place some blocks next to it and it should force and update and cause any invisible blocks to render. Warp does not add invisible barriers.

To those in the spirit world. Who is ready for the copper grind 2.0 :p

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
place some blocks next to it and it should force and update and cause any invisible blocks to render. Warp does not add invisible barriers.

I have been putting that off but i think today is the day... :(

Reactions: Yarma92

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019

I'll try that again tonight. I just don't have enough experience with all these mods in order to know what to expect and what is strange. Thanks!

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
But you need mushrom to make mycelium .
#derp

Mushrooms still spawn normally in caves/the Nether (haven't gotten to the nether myself but I read they do) so do a little exploring to get the infused spores (just drop a mushroom in the mana pool).

Indalor1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I opened a portal to Alfheim and threw my Lexica Botania through the portal. So I now have the updated book. But my quest book won't update the quest. Everything is done for it but it will not update as finished. No reward because the book won't register as complete.

Help?

Ok nm. I just made a new lexica to throw through and this time it updated the quest. /sigh so now I have 2.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Erm. Question. I'm trying to make my 3x3 chunks completely magical forest biome. Planting Silverwood saplings and HOPING for the pure node. But after destroying 2 trees I don't get any saplings back. Is that also bad RNG or the sapling drop has been disabled?
On a side note: All other tree leaves drop a sapling EVEN when shears are used to break them, allowing you to save leaves and always be able to generate saplings easily. Even greatwood ones. Does this work on silverwood leaves? I tried like 300 leaf blocks, but nothing. Again: bad rng or silverwood saplings don't drop from leaves? :eek:
Go to the Aipmancy tab (the one at the bottom left of your thaumcraft book) and research the gratfers and the the thaumic grafter, that will help with your silver saplings drops, also pays to enchant them, they break easy

Reactions: Soltys