[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Soltys

Jul 29, 2019
Well my setup is:
Grass, Chest, Grass
Grass Block, Water Block, Grass block.
you know, if you were facing it.
And using the mutating sprig on the chest only uses the chest. Does the sprig have to be at full dura? I used it once or twice to check what it does ;p
EDIT: Neeeevermind. I was being too narrow minded. I mistook each side for EITHER side. Duh :<

PM is more less like a conversation between two people, aka private. Depending if you're doing it in a game it may be called whispering, or inboxing if done on the forums. :p

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I'd take you up on that but id rather not lose my progress again...maybe when another update comes out? You probably feel the same way but if not I have a server as well if you feel like starting over :p
Yeah, I feel ya ;) Hit me up if you change your mind/that update comes around :)

scourge728

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem the lexia botania book quest or whatevs it's called is broken I crafted the thing but it refuses to allow me to actually complete the quest even using the god book I can't complete it

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Also: How do I do that witchery quest? I got the dreamcatcher but I always end up in the same place with the nightmare chasing me. Do I kill him or what? What weapons travel with me? Ungh ;x

Hang the dreamcatcher on a wall and enter the dreamworld stood next to the dreamcatcher = no nightmare chasing you.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Hang the dreamcatcher on a wall and enter the dreamworld stood next to the dreamcatcher = no nightmare chasing you.
This is wrong! The dreamcather only decreases the chance of a nightmare by 50%.

To get 100% you also need 3 pools of flowing spirit and 2 whispy cotton near you

The Dream Weaver of Nightmares can also be used to fend off nightmares when a Brew of Sleeping is drunk. Having the Dream Weaver nearby will reduce the chance of a nightmare to 50% (this can be decreased further by other means!)
Having a pool of flowing spirit near to a Dream Weaver of Nightmares will decrease the chance of a nightmare by 10% for each source block (up to 3).
Having planted Wispy Cotton nearby when using a Brew of Sleeping near to a Dream Weaver of Nightmares will further reduce the chance of a nightmare by 10% for each cotton plant (up to 2)

Soltys

Jul 29, 2019
Erm. Question. I'm trying to make my 3x3 chunks completely magical forest biome. Planting Silverwood saplings and HOPING for the pure node. But after destroying 2 trees I don't get any saplings back. Is that also bad RNG or the sapling drop has been disabled?
On a side note: All other tree leaves drop a sapling EVEN when shears are used to break them, allowing you to save leaves and always be able to generate saplings easily. Even greatwood ones. Does this work on silverwood leaves? I tried like 300 leaf blocks, but nothing. Again: bad rng or silverwood saplings don't drop from leaves? :eek:

Reactions: JustHeyo

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Erm. Question. I'm trying to make my 3x3 chunks completely magical forest biome. Planting Silverwood saplings and HOPING for the pure node. But after destroying 2 trees I don't get any saplings back. Is that also bad RNG or the sapling drop has been disabled?
On a side note: All other tree leaves drop a sapling EVEN when shears are used to break them, allowing you to save leaves and always be able to generate saplings easily. Even greatwood ones. Does this work on silverwood leaves? I tried like 300 leaf blocks, but nothing. Again: bad rng or silverwood saplings don't drop from leaves? :eek:
Bad RNG, mostly. Silverwood trees have notoriously low droprates. That said, I'm not familiar with "shearing for saplings". Look into using the Thaumium Grafter, if you can make one ;)

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @jaquadro. Good news and bad ... :)

Good: The phials of aspects in storage drawers really look terrific. I'll be rebuilding that section of my base after I figure out which color wood I like best for all those phials.

Bad: Putting empty phials or warded jars into drawers causes a crash: http://pastebin.com/wuNKSSZY
Well the sort-of good news is you can disable the Thaumcraft integration in config and clean up the drawer. Then either leave it off until the next update, or just be careful.