[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that has been suggested to me in the past and is something that may still happen is the inclusion of Millenaire as a lategame build your own village thing. So the worldgen of it would be disabled but the village spawning wands would be craftable etc.
If I recall correctly Millenaire has some stability issues. Not sure that if it was something specific but worth checking into.

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that has been suggested to me in the past and is something that may still happen is the inclusion of Millenaire as a lategame build your own village thing. So the worldgen of it would be disabled but the village spawning wands would be craftable etc.

Interesting idea. Though I would also be interested in Minecraft Comes Alive as an option. MM Villages are interesting, but they lack something if there are not other villages to trade with. It would be interesting if some villages could be spawned at the stage to show things are coming back.

But before that I kind of believe that the Ruins Mod needs to be utilized better by having points of interest (POI) added other than the trees and some other bits. After playing Crash Landing for months I finally see what ruins is being used for here and what it could be used for. Just as a suggestion, given your active community...may be look to have some of the better builders in this community build more ruins to flesh things out.

I can see villages and farms that have been burned to rubble. Soil that has been despoiled by the pigmen, adding the potencial to have recipes that revive it to make it useful again. Heck even underground bunkers (small ones) that hold some of the last survivors from the pigmans assault. Just generally reasons to explore.

I know this will probably be a later stage thing but there should be more then just progression through the tech and magic...shouldn't there?

Reactions: billybricker1

reesylou

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a pretty reliable setup using golems, feeding into B-Space barrels.View attachment 16537

(The Open Crates are dropping the items into obsidian pipes.)
OK, so I am a total noob with many of these mods... are there quests that lead to/assist with this automation? (I have only done the first few of the BC pipe quests so far) More importantly, can you point me at simple tutorials on using the pipes etc once I have made them?

Thanks

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
So I found a possible bug or unintended result.

When you right click garlic to harvest you get nothing. You have to break it to get your garlic.

Not sure if this is a configurable thing in the modpack or if it needs to be reported to the mod author.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so I am a total noob with many of these mods... are there quests that lead to/assist with this automation? (I have only done the first few of the BC pipe quests so far) More importantly, can you point me at simple tutorials on using the pipes etc once I have made them?

Thanks
You probably could find some simple explanatory videos on the Youtube for BC Pipes. It's been quite a while since I learned how to use them (think it was the MindCrack pack back in the day), I've only needed to look up information for some of the newer pipes and their uses. As far as I know there aren't any quests that explicitly explain automation either.

edit: Haven't been able to find any recent Youtube that I feel adequately explains pipes in their current state, but (taking into account that there have been some additions) some of the older ones can definitely help with the basics.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
You probably could find some simple explanatory videos on the Youtube for BC Pipes. It's been quite a while since I learned how to use them (think it was the MindCrack pack back in the day), I've only needed to look up information for some of the newer pipes and their uses. As far as I know there aren't any quests that explicitly explain automation either.

edit: Haven't been able to find any recent Youtube that I feel adequately explains pipes in their current state, but (taking into account that there have been some additions) some of the older ones can definitely help with the basics.
If you read the successive pipe quests I actually outline what each pipe does. It's up to the user to come up with ways to use them beyond that though.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
BC pipes is complicated once you arrive with the gates stage but rewarding in a way that it can be fully automated without stuff clogging up the pipes.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
(Seriously, did I just contemplate Regrowth fanfic? I did. I'm not ashamed... I learned it by watching you, @Raetac!)
It needs said again: Great work, @thephoenixlodge. You are an inspiration.
Affecting peoples creativity since 2015 :p

Where did you get all those silverwood trees from.. was it drops or did you have to make them all...caus emy drop rate on them is like 1 or 2 max per tree.
Exactly as mentioned, Thaumium Grafters. I've just enchanted one with Thaumcraft enchants of Repair, which draws vis from my Botania wand to repair, bonus!

Reactions: JustHeyo

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Haven't seen a water beehive before (7.2). Is that useful? Haven't gotten around to do bees either.

kxYRqai.png

Reactions: Rodger

Rodger

Jul 29, 2019
I've been getting some odd... I guess input lag? post 0.65. Sometimes my E key won't bring up my inventory, but after a few seconds it's back to working normally. The strange thing is the B key brings up my baubles inventory still while the E key isn't working, and I can move around with WASD and jump click etc. I think the node tracker key also has the same problem sometimes. And it also affects typing in-game, like when requesting items from the botania spark item network, it won't recognise what I type, because it's missing an E lol. Not sure yet what triggers it yet though, it just happens periodically.

(and that water hive is awesome lol)

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks
If you read the successive pipe quests I actually outline what each pipe does. It's up to the user to come up with ways to use them beyond that though.

And there we have it! Once you understand which pipes do what, it's not too difficult to start putting things together. I honestly prefer BC pipes over some of the more modern/intelligent pipe systems, because you can get really creative with BC pipes. I greatly enjoy thinking up ways to make them behave as I want them to, and (when I'm on a roll) will find myself coming up with corrections for previously unrealized complications.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I've been getting some odd... I guess input lag? post 0.65. Sometimes my E key won't bring up my inventory, but after a few seconds it's back to working normally. The strange thing is the B key brings up my baubles inventory still while the E key isn't working, and I can move around with WASD and jump click etc. I think the node tracker key also has the same problem sometimes. And it also affects typing in-game, like when requesting items from the botania spark item network, it won't recognise what I type, because it's missing an E lol. Not sure yet what triggers it yet though, it just happens periodically.

(and that water hive is awesome lol)
You might want to take a look at your FTB Console log while you're running, see if it's popping up errors. I'm not sure what causes it, but I have an issue where, after playing for a bit, I'll sometimes begin to experience lag spikes of increasing severity (which only affect my client, and not the server). That shows up in the FTB log as a constant stream of errors, which I resolve by restarting the client.

Rodger

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there's nothing in the log. No errors or 'can't keep up' entries... I just re-added fastcraft after updating to 0.7.2, but I had fastcraft in 0.7.1, and still had the problem...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Wow. That is amazing. 1 block of water there and it spawns in it. Utterly brilliant.
These have only been a thing since 0.7 as they are from Extra Bees which was only added in 0.7

Well, if that chunk was selected to spawn an water hive and the only water source block in the chunk was that one.... kinda makes sense it would be there.

And there we have it! Once you understand which pipes do what, it's not too difficult to start putting things together. I honestly prefer BC pipes over some of the more modern/intelligent pipe systems, because you can get really creative with BC pipes. I greatly enjoy thinking up ways to make them behave as I want them to, and (when I'm on a roll) will find myself coming up with corrections for previously unrealized complications.
Not sure if BC pipes are a little bugged, if I am doing something wrong or their Jabba support is not the best but I had some problems with them.

I had one chest with a wooden pipe removing the items and moving them through a line of BC pipes with no intersections, just a row of barrels connected with a pipe in the back side. All the items in the chest had a corresponding barrel to place the items in. While most of the items got to their destination, some of them would just fail to find the barrel and ended up ejected at the end of the pipe. Let say, 4 cobalt essence and 4 ardite essence, 2 cobalt and 3 ardite would end up in the barrel and the rest would fail to see the barrel and ejected from the pipe at the end of the line.

I dont think this is supposed to happen. Had to use a diamond pipe on every barrel... (Ohhh Logistical pipes..., how I miss you :()

And now that I have a pair of friendly golems harvesting the crops for me and sorting everything in barrels, I just reduced my farms to a small plot of 9x9 with one seed for each crop. At 10/10/10 and automated farming, one of each is way more then enough :)

PS: after watching some Regrowth youtube videos and the players talking about the 10/10/10 crops I am starting to believe that Agricraft 10/10/10 system might be something of a tribute to this guy

Reactions: Mindfeak926

BubbleDum

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have a strange case of freeze spike in my world :
-> The "tick" memory share goes instantly from 20% to 90% in the F3 mode, that is what causes the freeze I guess.
-> The shape of area of the freeze is rectangular : 1 chunk on the x coordinate and 24 chuncks on the z coordinate. I really don't understand that, as the shape of the area that is loaded by a player is square.
-> I haven't touched any block on that area, so I suppose it is a randomly generated feature, but it is not apparent above ground.

Is there a kind of spectator mode available (which doesn't load any block) so I can see from near ?

Sorry that I can't provide accurate info...

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if that chunk was selected to spawn an water hive and the only water source block in the chunk was that one.... kinda makes sense it would be there.

Not sure if BC pipes are a little bugged, if I am doing something wrong or their Jabba support is not the best but I had some problems with them.

I had one chest with a wooden pipe removing the items and moving them through a line of BC pipes with no intersections, just a row of barrels connected with a pipe in the back side. All the items in the chest had a corresponding barrel to place the items in. While most of the items got to their destination, some of them would just fail to find the barrel and ended up ejected at the end of the pipe. Let say, 4 cobalt essence and 4 ardite essence, 2 cobalt and 3 ardite would end up in the barrel and the rest would fail to see the barrel and ejected from the pipe at the end of the line.

I dont think this is supposed to happen. Had to use a diamond pipe on every barrel... (Ohhh Logistical pipes..., how I miss you :()

And now that I have a pair of friendly golems harvesting the crops for me and sorting everything in barrels, I just reduced my farms to a small plot of 9x9 with one seed for each crop. At 10/10/10 and automated farming, one of each is way more then enough :)

PS: after watching some Regrowth youtube videos and the players talking about the 10/10/10 crops I am starting to believe that Agricraft 10/10/10 system might be something of a tribute to this guy
What type of pipe were you using on the back of your barrels? Only a clay or diamond pipe will specifically try and insert items into an inventory as a priority. Any basic pipe will treat it as an intersection, so will randomly choose a direction to go (into the barrel or along the pipeline).

Soltys

Jul 29, 2019
Heya. Lil problem here with the hardcore questing mod. I had a BSOD and it corrupted my world. I got it back by deleting 2 corrupted chunks and regrettably my whole HQM folder. I decided it was worth it, seeing I devoted over 100 hours to that world... Anyway. I spawned that Creative book (/hqm edit) that lets me cheat-complete quests so I can get back up to speed, and the thing is not all quests unlocked for me. "What the world enables" is missing several quests... They do not appear once I completed the quests leading up to them.. and those are the ones below "Smith of the Year" and below "Fire Away" with the exclusion of "Not For Drinking" since this one comes from the BC tree. Anyway my theory is that it either takes time for them to unlock, or I have to DO something in the world. Ideas? ^^

Also: How do I do that witchery quest? I got the dreamcatcher but I always end up in the same place with the nightmare chasing me. Do I kill him or what? What weapons travel with me? Ungh ;x
Also2: How do I get tall grass to be able to mutate the Grassper thingie?

P.S. Love this modpack. First one I spend so much time on and didn't get bored at all :D

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
Heya. Lil problem here with the hardcore questing mod. I had a BSOD and it corrupted my world. I got it back by deleting 2 corrupted chunks and regrettably my whole HQM folder. I decided it was worth it, seeing I devoted over 100 hours to that world... Anyway. I spawned that Creative book (/hqm edit) that lets me cheat-complete quests so I can get back up to speed, and the thing is not all quests unlocked for me. "What the world enables" is missing several quests... They do not appear once I completed the quests leading up to them.. and those are the ones below "Smith of the Year" and below "Fire Away" with the exclusion of "Not For Drinking" since this one comes from the BC tree. Anyway my theory is that it either takes time for them to unlock, or I have to DO something in the world. Ideas? ^^

Also: How do I do that witchery quest? I got the dreamcatcher but I always end up in the same place with the nightmare chasing me. Do I kill him or what? What weapons travel with me? Ungh ;x
Also2: How do I get tall grass to be able to mutate the Grassper thingie?

P.S. Love this modpack. First one I spend so much time on and didn't get bored at all :D

The nigthmare thingy isjust RNG, so bad luck i guess

Forthe grass just bonemeal some "grass dirt" to get the tall grass and shear it

Edit: is the dreamcatcher close to the place you drink the sleeping potion? Not in your inventory, placed in the world