[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
Help me please. When I open botania book and click on "Alfhomancy" game is crashed. This is after the book visit the world of elves through the portal.
The mod author has said it is a known issue with how his mod works with some books. Expect a fix in the next patch?

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Help me please. When I open botania book and click on "Alfhomancy" game is crashed. This is after the book visit the world of elves through the portal.
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad. I'll do better next time, I promise!

Time: 17.03.15 22:02
Description: Updating screen events

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 3, Size: 3
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.set(Unknown Source)
at joshie.enchiridion.library.LibraryStorage.overwrite(LibraryStorage.java:96)
at joshie.enchiridion.library.handlers.BookObtainEvents.openGui(BookObtainEvents.java:41)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_260_BookObtainEvents_openGui_GuiOpenEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_147108_a(Minecraft.java:775)
at vazkii.botania.client.gui.lexicon.GuiLexicon.func_146284_a(GuiLexicon.java:246)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_73864_a(GuiScreen.java:225)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:296)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1628)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at joshie.enchiridion.library.handlers.BookObtainEvents.openGui(BookObtainEvents.java:41)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_260_BookObtainEvents_openGui_GuiOpenEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at vazkii.botania.client.gui.lexicon.GuiLexicon.func_146284_a(GuiLexicon.java:246)

-- Affected screen --
Details:
Screen name: vazkii.botania.client.gui.lexicon.GuiLexicon
Craft the regular one and open it and then you should be good to open the one with the elven magic.

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
Need to wear a mask and catch the water.
I tried that, still raw fish.

Edit: Correction, i tried under shallow water. Apparently from the bottom of the ocean it works so I'm guessing the fish die if they come out of the water at all now, not just hit the ground

Reactions: JustHeyo

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad. I'll do better next time, I promise!

Time: 17.03.15 22:02
Description: Updating screen events

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 3, Size: 3
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1628)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:

-- Affected screen --
Details:
Screen name: vazkii.botania.client.gui.lexicon.GuiLexicon

Grab yourself a 'normal' lexica botania. (Without alfheim). And open it. Then the old one will work.

TelaniousVander

Jul 29, 2019
I tried that, still raw fish.

Edit: Correction, i tried under shallow water. Apparently from the bottom of the ocean it works so I'm guessing the fish die if they come out of the water at all now, not just hit the ground

You can get live fish even fishing from land. I have caught several since the update.

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
You can get live fish even fishing from land. I have caught several since the update.
Then I'm just extremely unlucky. Every fish I caught under about 5 blocks of water was alive but I didn't catch a single one on land or standing in a single block of water that was still living.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Are you getting live fish though in 0.7.1? I was catching fish very quickly but they were all the raw variants that I can't use to breed.

If you have enough raw fish for fish oil. Craft a buckethat. They increase the chance of fish being caught alive when wearing. Although you'll have to stand at the waters surface, to not drown :p. (You could even wear a buoyancy aid so you can fish in the middle of deep water). And it might not even be noticeable since all fish can be caught in this pack, but not all of them can be caught alive.

The issue is they have to not leave the water block, since they die after 2/3rds of tick of being in the open air :p.

Last edited:

Cadeff

Jul 29, 2019
If you have enough raw fish for fish oil. Craft a buckethat. They increase the chance of fish being caught alive when wearing. Although you'll have to stand at the waters surface, to not drown :p. (You could even wear a buoyancy aid so you can fish in the middle of deep water). And it might not even be noticeable since all fish can be caught in this pack, but not all of them can be caught alive.
I'll give it a shot, new ground for me. Literally didn't know this mod existed before this pack so still learning. So far so good with underwater snorkle fishing though so honestly might just stick with that since it is easy. I haven't actually tried to catch any specific fish yet so I'm sure I'll understand more of what you are talking about as I get further into the mod.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Having used BC pipes for this a couple of days ago I really wish I had other pipes.

I was emptying a smelter that had a ton of different ores in it and was not happy to find that it allowed multiple liquids in the same pipe. Reversed the pipe to put the stuff back in the smelter and discovered that some of my ores got destroyed somehow. Not much was lost but not a good experience.

I guess if you only ever have one liquid at a time in your smelter it works ok but I miss my redstone clock from open blocks.
Seems like pipes aren't going to work as a solution in the smeltery. I'm using an emerald pipe to pump molten metal from a seared drain into an ingot cast. Apparently the pipe is subtracting a teeny bit of liquids on each transaction (for lack of a better word), meaning the last ingot cast is never quite full, despite feeding it nothing but raw ores.

For instance: I smelted roughly a stack of iron ore, followed by about 20 aluminum ore, followed by 4 gold ore.

In each case, the ingot cast sat there partially full until I broke it and set it back in place for the next metal.

Is there a reliable mid-game way to do this? I haven't touched Mekanism yet - I'm completely ignorant about it.

Reactions: JustHeyo

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like pipes aren't going to work as a solution in the smeltery. I'm using an emerald pipe to pump molten metal from a seared drain into an ingot cast. Apparently the pipe is subtracting a teeny bit of liquids on each transaction (for lack of a better word), meaning the last ingot cast is never quite full, despite feeding it nothing but raw ores.

For instance: I smelted roughly a stack of iron ore, followed by about 20 aluminum ore, followed by 4 gold ore.

In each case, the ingot cast sat there partially full until I broke it and set it back in place for the next metal.

Is there a reliable mid-game way to do this? I haven't touched Mekanism yet - I'm completely ignorant about it.
From what I've noticed, it has to do with buildcraft's ability to have more than one liquid in a pipe at a time. Mekanism doesn't have that problem and if you have access to steel, which I'm assuming you do since you have emeralds, can make for a good fluid alternative to BC

Reactions: JustHeyo and MrZwij

Puraz

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i think its bug which i found: I leveled up my mystical black flower seed and its reached Gain 10 first and other 2 stats was pretty low after i reached all stats 10 10 10 my flower gave me 7 petals from 1 flower. So if i correct it suppose to be like 10 18 10 is that suppose to have level cap at 10 ? Tooltip show still 10 10 10.

Edit: after i analyzed seed its started give me again 4 petals from 1 flower, just no analyzed seed gave me more petals.

Edit2: I tryed with other flower mystical light blue its same as with black, so if level up my seed and not analyze my newest seed i can make pretty uber flower maybe which can give stack of items from 1 flower.

Last edited:

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Ive tried to find some info on this but for my life i couldnt find any, how do you "tame" a hungry node to energize it later??
You can remove the Hungry aspect by turning it into a Tainted node. Simply taint the tile it's floating over (bottled taint probably works for that) and wait. You may have to dig under it in order to throw the bottled taint, as I expect the hungry node will grab the bottle out of midair. Tainted Land is a biome so it will affect the entire vertical column it's in, including the node. I'm not sure exactly how long it takes for a node to turn Tainted, but it can't be more than like a half hour.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've noticed, it has to do with buildcraft's ability to have more than one liquid in a pipe at a time. Mekanism doesn't have that problem and if you have access to steel, which I'm assuming you do since you have emeralds, can make for a good fluid alternative to BC
I have the stuff to build a blast furnace but haven't quite gotten around to it yet. Now I'm motivated. :)

In the meantime I'll probably go with the spiderweb of pipes off the smeltery carrying different metals. I remember when that used to not bug me so much ...

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Question: (I'm in .65) I've been trying to get cauldron crafting working for me, but for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to wanna go. I've got a full cauldron over lit netherrack, and I'm throwing mandrake root, a golden nugget, and a ritual chalk into it trying to get a golden chalk out, but it just sits there looking all brown at me. I feel like I'm missing something, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

RPTBuddy

Jul 29, 2019
Question: (I'm in .65) I've been trying to get cauldron crafting working for me, but for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to wanna go. I've got a full cauldron over lit netherrack, and I'm throwing mandrake root, a golden nugget, and a ritual chalk into it trying to get a golden chalk out, but it just sits there looking all brown at me. I feel like I'm missing something, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Do you have an altar nearby with sufficient altar power? It needs it.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have an altar with sufficient power nearby? Are you throwing the items in in the correct order (left to right in NEI)?