[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Just updated to the new version available, tried 0.7 and 0.7.1 as well, both returned this error.
  1. [18:29:30] [INFO] MCLauncher.syncAssets:278: Syncing Assets:
  2. [18:29:30] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:83: Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
  3. [18:29:30] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:84: Pack: Regrowth 1.7.10
  4. [18:29:30] [INFO] MCLauncher.setMemory:261: Setting MinMemory to 256
  5. [18:29:30] [INFO] MCLauncher.setMemory:263: Setting MaxMemory to 6144
  6. [18:29:30] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:106: Defaulting PermSize to 256m
  7. [18:29:31] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
  8. [18:29:31] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
  9. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
  10. at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
  11. at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
  12. at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
  13. at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
  14. at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
  15. at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
  16. at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
  17. at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
  18. at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
  19. at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
  20. at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
  21. at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_71]
  22. at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
  23. at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
  24. [18:29:32] [DEBUG] Benchmark.logBenchAs:73: UnreadNews Init took 1 ms.
This is the full console report.

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/566b22dc
This this the typical error when the pack failed to update correctly. On the launcher, go to options and change the server to CurseCDN and press the force update button and then try starting the pack again.

Also, 4Gb of allocated memory is more then enough. More then that only hurts the java client instead of helping. If you have performance issues, adding more memory is not always the best solution. Better solutions are adding the Fastcraft mod and/or updating java to 8.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I deleted the HQM data, i still get the same screen with missing blocks and when i click yes (continue) it says "loading" and than the game crashes
If the world failed converting the world, its normal you still have the missing block warning. Do not worry about that. The crash... that is not supposed to happen. Can you link the crashlog?

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
My latest epsiode where I discuss what has transpired with the coven about the changes to the world and find myself some new neighbours

Reactions: Mindfeak926

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
Well I can tell you that HUNGRY Nodes are very bad:) Does anyone know if there is a limit to how big/much they can get/eat? I don't mind letting it grow and try and capture it (Gotta Catch 'em ALL!) but not if it's a world eater?!?

Ive tried to find some info on this but for my life i couldnt find any, how do you "tame" a hungry node to energize it later??

Last edited:

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I deleted the HQM data, i still get the same screen with missing blocks and when i click yes (continue) it says "loading" and than the game crashes

http://i.imgur.com/p3r18YB.jpg
I found I had that sort of problem due to the fact my world size was so big due to the extra exploration I had done from my base, up to 3000 blocks away. What I did was Mcedit out all the chunks I had explored and kept my home base. World loaded up a treat after that.

Nitro Poison

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I am missing something. I am trying to progress, but it seems that my progress is being blocked by not being able to make a Rune of Fire.
Of course, I can make everything needed for the rune, EXCEPT the nether brick. Which in order to get, I would need essence of nether. Yet - I do not have a quest unlocked for it yet. Is there something hidden that I have to do?

Just cook some netherrack (basic MC mechanics) to get nether bricks

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
This usually means something got corrupted on your world. Possibly due to killing minecraft while it was still trying to convert the HQM saves the first time?

Do you have a backup? If not, on the saves folder, forge usually creates a zip file with a backup before trying to convert the world. Try restoring the backup, remove the HQM folder if it still exists(so you dont have the same problem again) and try converting the world again.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
What I've found out about the NEI crashes.. I did not find any differences between clicking or using 'u'/'r', so I don't think there's anything to do with that.
The crash log shows:
codechicken.nei.PositionedStack.setPermutationToRender(PositionedStack.java:95)
at yuuto.enhancedinventories.compat.nei.RecipeStoneCraftingHandler$CachedStoneCraftingRecipe.getCycledIngredients(RecipeStoneCraftingHandler.java:114)
- When Enhanced Inventories tries to put together the "Inventory Crafting" page from the Wool or Wood blocks, it crashes. This doesn't happen with cobblestone (the other ingredient in the Improved Stone Chest), so I think there's a problem with the way it's putting the list of all the woods/wools together for this screen. Easily replicated by looking at uses for any color of wool or any type of wood planks, and moving to "right" of the assembly tables page. The problem does not happen when looking at that recipe directly, just when it is generated from the wood or wool component. The only way I've found to fix it is to remove the mod. :( Alternatively, don't look at the uses for wool or wood planks. :)

The crash log shows:
appeng.integration.modules.NEIHelpers.NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(NEIInscriberRecipeHandler.java:98)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:327)
This has been explained previously, but for posterity- if you load a world, everything is fine, but when you exit back to the Minecraft Main Menu and load any world again, you will hit the AE2 NEI crash when you look at a recipe you had previously looked at. This seems to be fixed by setting S:NotEnoughItems=OFF in the modIntegration section of the AppliedEnergistics2.cfg (not sure what impact this has - maybe disables shift-click into AE2 crafting interfaces?) Alternatively, reload the client between world loads.
If anyone has other reliable ways to crash via NEI, let us know!

Howkey

Jul 29, 2019
This usually means something got corrupted on your world. Possibly due to killing minecraft while it was still trying to convert the HQM saves the first time?

Do you have a backup? If not, on the saves folder, forge usually creates a zip file with a backup before trying to convert the world. Try restoring the backup, remove the HQM folder if it still exists(so you dont have the same problem again) and try converting the world again.

Restored the first save from today, still crash with the same error. So basically my world is gone and i have to start from scratch ?

NicoHana

Jul 29, 2019

Oh pants, I think this is a problem I'm having too.

How do you get to the back ups? Advice is much appreciated. xD

Edit: I have found my crash log if that is needed too.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Restored the first save from today, still crash with the same error. So basically my world is gone and i have to start from scratch ?

Oh pants, I think this is a problem I'm having too.

How do you get to the back ups? Advice is much appreciated. xD

Edit: I have found my crash log if that is needed too.

Well.... I have no real advice... I used google to try to understand the error and it seems related with something corrutped on the save. A tile entity, the player inventory... There are ways to fix it and usually involve MCEdit or NBTExplorer and a lot of try and error to find out what is corrupting, that is, remove something from the world and try again... A lot of work...

I could be totally wrong and be something totally different or easier to fix. Maybe someone else can help you guys. One big advice, always add the aromabackups mod, so you have backups made automatically for you.

I was going to suggest to activate the removing of erroring entities but seems its already active... @thephoenixlodge , I think this is a very very dangerous option to be active by default!! Doesnt give a chance to fix errors since the erroring entitie just gets removed before you notice it is erroring...

dirtyriver

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on 6.5, is it worth updating yet? The changelog looks reeeally exciting to me but I'm not so sure about the stability yet. xO

stability is not so great....

just look at the last dozen or so pages that have sprung up since the update. lots of people are crashing. I've crashed several times myself but is always starts right back up.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
people help me with mekanism energy pipes... just... picture:
2015-03-17_14.32.48.png
WHY YOU NO CONNECT?! -_-

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Staying on 0.65 for a while longer, then I might update and start again on whatever latest version the pack reaches. Quite enjoying 0.65 without all the big changes of 0.7

Saying that, just built a Tinkers Smeltry (wohoo!), and am now wondering how on earth I get to the next tier of metals? Need aluminite for the next level of nether mining, but haven't seen any sources of aluminum.
I see that I need an upgraded essence stone for the creation of aluminum seeds, but need aluminum essence. Was kinda expecting the quest book to automatically update with the next tiers of ores, or is there still a quest chain I'm missing?

I can understand the changes in 0.7. With AgriCraft making a field of ore plants is very easy once you've made the first seeds. Once you have a sprinkler up and running, they grow insanely fast.