[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
4.) What, exactly, am I looking for when it comes to the natural gas underwater? Like, it says "look for bubbles" or something, but yeah, spent a LOT of time at the bottom of several different oceans and I have no idea what I'm looking for. A screen shot would be SUPER appreciated (I'd love you forever).
Ask and yea shall receive! Then you dig straight down from there

Reactions: billybricker1

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the answers so far.

YAY! Okay, gana wait on Thaumcraft then...it's seriously my fav mod ever.

That is an awesome set up. Sadly, we don't have Thaumic Tinkerer I don't think, which the Dynamism Tablet is from. Using this method, one would have to milk the cows by hand and have the golems fill from a massive tank storage system, but that wouldn't be that bad. So I could totally work around it. Sadly, the Advanced Golem thing is a super high level Thaumcraft thing, so by the time I could get this set up running I really wouldn't have much of a need for the mass produced cakes anymore. But it's a super cool idea. Thanks for showing this to me! :D

As for autocrafting the cakes, I think a Forestry Bottler might do the trick (turning milk in a tank into milk buckets), but I think the only way to craft with buckets in this pack is via the Advanced Crafting Table from BC Silicon, which I am a ways from being able to use also. :(
Yeah, It's been a while since I watched that video so I forgot that you needed some Thaumcraft add-ons for that to work. I'm not that far into some of the mods in this pack so there might be something with similar functionality that could be substituted for the things that are missing but I'm not sure. Either way it seems like, other than the Assembly Halo I mentioned above, auto crafting cakes is going to be very late game. I'm assuming you're wanting to use the cakes for that Botania flower that produces mana from them? It seems like most people are using a simple barrel/crafting system using the coal essence and dropping the coal near some Endoflames to produce mana, so that might be the easiest way to get tons of mana, but if you're looking to do something different you could always look around NEI and the books from all of the mods and get creative.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Ask and yea shall receive! Then you dig straight down from there

Thank you so much! :D Now...how are you getting your vision so clear underwater? lol

Yeah, It's been a while since I watched that video so I forgot that you needed some Thaumcraft add-ons for that to work. I'm not that far into some of the mods in this pack so there might be something with similar functionality that could be substituted for the things that are missing but I'm not sure. Either way it seems like, other than the Assembly Halo I mentioned above, auto crafting cakes is going to be very late game. I'm assuming you're wanting to use the cakes for that Botania flower that produces mana from them? It seems like most people are using a simple barrel/crafting system using the coal essence and dropping the coal near some Endoflames to produce mana, so that might be the easiest way to get tons of mana, but if you're looking to do something different you could always look around NEI and the books from all of the mods and get creative.

Yeah, that's why I want the cakes. And yeah, I could do the endoflame thing, but I was trying to avoid that route for a variety of reasons. I think i am gana mess around with the Crafy Crate for a bit and see if I can't figure out how to make it work.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much! :D Now...how are you getting your vision so clear underwater? lol
You need to get pretty far into Mariculture to be able to see that well underwater. AFAIK The only way to see that clearly underwater is getting the natural gas to create the neoprene, which requires a ton of pearls as well, to make the scuba gear.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
You need to get pretty far into Mariculture to be able to see that well underwater. AFAIK The only way to see that clearly underwater is getting the natural gas to create the neoprene, which requires a ton of pearls as well, to make the scuba gear.

Yeah. Making the full SCUBA suit is pretty expensive and requires a lot of high end stuff. But just making the mask is actually not that bad. Wonder if magic water breathing of some sort + the SCUBA mask would be good enough. Because while I appreciate the things that Mariculture brings to the table for exploring the sea, Water Breathing via magical means is very very easy and there's a huge variety of ways to achieve it. So being able to use the vision from the SCUBA goggles without the rest of the set would be perfect.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Making the full SCUBA suit is pretty expensive and requires a lot of high end stuff. But just making the mask is actually not that bad. Wonder if magic water breathing of some sort + the SCUBA mask would be good enough. Because while I appreciate the things that Mariculture brings to the table for exploring the sea, Water Breathing via magical means is very very easy and there's a huge variety of ways to achieve it. So being able to use the vision from the SCUBA goggles without the rest of the set would be perfect.
Oh yeah, there is a ring (I think) from Botania that lets you ignore the air meter, I don't remember what it's called but it's fairly easy to make.

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014

Oh yeah, there is a ring (I think) from Botania that lets you ignore the air meter, I don't remember what it's called but it's fairly easy to make.

It's called the Ring of Chordata, I think. It also gives a bit better vision underwater, I used it with the simple mariculture snorkel and got good enough vision for my use (though not as good as good as the screenshot above, IIRC).

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
So does anyone have any experience with the Crafty Crate from Botania? If so, how do you use it effectively? The entry in the Lexica Botanica is super vague.

EDIT: Meh...I think auto-crafting cakes could probably be done via the Crafty Crate, but it would take some pretty crazy set up to make it work. It's just not a super useful item for crafting things with lots of different ingredients. On the other hand, anyone using anything but crafty crates to put your Magic Crops stuff together, you should check out the Crafty Crate. It seems like the perfect way to put Magic Crop items together.

Last edited:

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019

I didn't see anyone else mention but... you need particles set to all to see the bubbles as any setting below all the bubbles don't appearing and Raetac's vision is so clear because he is using both the ring of chordata and the diving helmet.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
OH! I remembered another question! I saw that the Ruins mod was included in this pack...but after some pretty extreme wandering, I could only find Gravestone and Witchery and Thaumcraft "structures" out in the world. I thought the Gravestone structure was part of the Ruins mod for a while, but eventually I saw a totally 100% unrelated video where someone happened to be showing off some cool mod items (for a mod not in this pack) and was using the Gravestone structure to show off the items. But anyway, yeah, anyone run into anything cool out there in the wastes?

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing this and my cousin asked if it was a FPS Harvest Moon type game.

About auto-crafting cakes, I saw there was a Drum of the Gathering in Botania (when a bucket is dropped under a cow, it gets milk). Maybe a combo of buildcraft auto-crafting table, drum of the gathering, open crate, a hopperhock and some redstone mechanism to automate it. can't experiment since I'm away from my gaming pc.
edit: not sure if cow essence seed is disabled. it could create a bucket of milk.

DnsR

Jul 29, 2019
I can't start the server
I'm really looking forward to solve ClimateControl-0.4.beta17. It does not work correctly. Server crashes. The world is not generated. In single everything works fine. ClimateControl-0.4.beta13 version running on the server, but it generates only the ocean and small islands. The server is located on the host. Any parameters on the server, I can not change. I can only put your build and play.

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-07_02.48.22-server.txt
    18.9 KB · Views: 66

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the answers so far.

YAY! Okay, gana wait on Thaumcraft then...it's seriously my fav mod ever.

That is an awesome set up. Sadly, we don't have Thaumic Tinkerer I don't think, which the Dynamism Tablet is from. Using this method, one would have to milk the cows by hand and have the golems fill from a massive tank storage system, but that wouldn't be that bad. So I could totally work around it. Sadly, the Advanced Golem thing is a super high level Thaumcraft thing, so by the time I could get this set up running I really wouldn't have much of a need for the mass produced cakes anymore. But it's a super cool idea. Thanks for showing this to me! :D

As for autocrafting the cakes, I think a Forestry Bottler might do the trick (turning milk in a tank into milk buckets), but I think the only way to craft with buckets in this pack is via the Advanced Crafting Table from BC Silicon, which I am a ways from being able to use also. :(

I think a Crafty Crate from Botania might work via the bottler method, but the "No UI" thing makes using the Crafty Crate seem like a HUGE chore to manage on a recipe as complex as cake. I might try messing around with that for a while.

I stopped using the dynamism tablet and moved to a botania open crate and drum of the gathering setup for the milk

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
I stopped using the dynamism tablet and moved to a botania open crate and drum of the gathering setup for the milk

Well...good to know. I think, in the long run, Cakes are going to be FAR superior to Coal for Mana generation. So yeah, I think I'll be hooking up a system very similar to the one I saw in your video (by the way, that town you were building looks RAD! I'm gana have to check out the rest of that series). Thanks for the tips on how to do it without they Dynamism Tablet.

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

MGSamuel

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the Mariculture dive suit helmet + Ring of Chordata give you extremely clear vision. Don't even need scuba mask.
Also scuba tank is bugged and can't fill. Newer version of Mariculture should have fixed this issue but now it don't work at all.
Btw, Mekanism scuba tank use oxygen very fast. Like 1/4 tank used in 15 second. What is the issue?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to share the base my wife and I have been working on for the last couple weeks now, when we have the time to get some building in :)

edit: Added a second picture from another POV.

Attachments

• The Base.png
    The Base.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 75
  • The Base at Night.png
    The Base at Night.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 69

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to share the base my wife and I have been working on for the last couple weeks now, when we have the time to get some building in :)
oh man xD you probably wouldnt like to see mine xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk