[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
OH! I remembered another question! I saw that the Ruins mod was included in this pack...but after some pretty extreme wandering, I could only find Gravestone and Witchery and Thaumcraft "structures" out in the world. I thought the Gravestone structure was part of the Ruins mod for a while, but eventually I saw a totally 100% unrelated video where someone happened to be showing off some cool mod items (for a mod not in this pack) and was using the Gravestone structure to show off the items. But anyway, yeah, anyone run into anything cool out there in the wastes?
Not sure, but I think the ruins mod is used to generate the dead trees in the wasteland, as they are custom structures + blocks from Quadrum.

What are the early game automation options. Not familiar with all the functions of the mods in the pack.
Currently at the point where I have coal, tin, iron, copper & ender seeds and slowly expanding those farms, and reaching the stage were my farms are getting to a size that is starting to get tedius to keep manual harvesting.
Just made a Vat, although haven't used the mariculture before, and have some of the BC pipes complete (although, don't need them yet)
My next game goals are to get the mariculture cruciable built, and an agricraft water tower/sprinker (liked to railcraft water tank) established.

Plus, any automated cobblegen options available to me at this early stage? Running around with my flint pickaxe is losing it's charm :p

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
guys, I CANT find any oil... where the heck is it? under ground?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, right. Oil is pretty scarce, I've had more luck finding it in the Ocean than on land so far, but it definitely shows above the surface. It generally seems to be a few hundred blocks between oil 'wells, but I also tend to find two or three close together. So, luck and exploration are what'll help you find it ;)

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
k... so another question: how to fill and what with a scuba tank? and is that set (scuba mask, scuba tank, wetsuit and flippers) better for swimming than the prior one (diving helmet, diving air supply, diving suit and diving boots)

MGSamuel

Jul 29, 2019
k... so another question: how to fill and what with a scuba tank? and is that set (scuba mask, scuba tank, wetsuit and flippers) better for swimming than the prior one (diving helmet, diving air supply, diving suit and diving boots)

As I said before, scuba tank bugged in the version currently using in the pack. It can't be filled. Source: tried it

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
k... still :D do flippers make you go swim faster than prior tier?

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
So, has anyone else played around with BC robots? If so, is it laggy if I had an army of them rather than an army of golems? (thinking around 100ish)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips on getting a ghast tear so I can progress? I can barely survive in the Nether with all the wisps and dogs and spiders constantly attacking. I've got a bow, and also a fishing pole with me in case I actually can get a ghast to spawn close by (so far, nothing tho).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
As I said before, scuba tank bugged in the version currently using in the pack. It can't be filled. Source: tried it

Thanks, sure glad I didn't go thru all that trouble (I was about to do so) because the nearest ocean is 1300 blocks away from me so it's a very long expedition just to complete the pearl quest. I would not have been happy if I got all the way there and my scuba didn't even work. LOL argh!

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips on getting a ghast tear so I can progress? I can barely survive in the Nether with all the wisps and dogs and spiders constantly attacking. I've got a bow, and also a fishing pole with me in case I actually can get a ghast to spawn close by (so far, nothing tho).
There's a quest that rewards with you ghast tears. That's how I did it.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, right. Oil is pretty scarce, I've had more luck finding it in the Ocean than on land so far, but it definitely shows above the surface. It generally seems to be a few hundred blocks between oil 'wells, but I also tend to find two or three close together. So, luck and exploration are what'll help you find it ;)

This is accurate, I had to copy my world and creative-fly around just to find an ocean for Mariculture Pearls. However, what I found is exactly what you said - oil geysers do exist on land but they are separated by a couple hundred blocks. There is a lot of luck in terms of worldgen, the nearest ocean is 1300 blocks away from my base location. Kinda sux but it is what it is.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
There's a quest that rewards with you ghast tears. That's how I did it.

EDIT: Turns out I completed the quest but never claimed the reward! YAY!

Aha, I swore to myself I saw such a quest in the book, however I went thru every quest with a fine-toothed comb looking specifically for one that had a reward of a ghast tear and I did not see it... so then I wasn't sure if I had seen it at all or if I had just imagined it. Thanks, I'll look for it again I guess.

Last edited:

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019

I just had a bow and lots of arrows (crafted from skeleton soul essence) and killed everything around my nether portal. Wisps are harmless most of the time, they just ignore me. I just kill anything close by with a manasteel sword. Or you could build a 3 block pillar and shoot everything without retaliation with the bow.

They don't get aggro when I stand on a 3 block high pillar
ictx8DT.png

I'm not sure but I think I'm near a nether fortress.

cm2JYbZ.png

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
got the oil, made fuel in refinery... how do i take to my bucket for a quest?
oh... and im trying to make golden chalk, but when i throw items in the cauldran nothing happens... WHY?

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You must have got a bad seed asb, my worlds all spawned me on coast or within 100 blocks of ocean >.>

It is a bit unfortunate, but my plan was to use a nether portal shortcut since I might have to return to the ocean and get more pearls eventually. A 1300 block walk turns into a 160 block walk. :) But that's often easier than it sounds - even when I have the nether coordinates of both portals, it can be difficult to make a walkway connecting the two of them. Just gotta get 'er done.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
well, its time for me to fight a wither :D wish me luck :D well that was time consuming and watching out for holes :D terrasteel blade for a win.
QUESTION: Is Guardian of Gaia a hard boss? :D

Last edited: