[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, I've been scouring the ocean floor in creative for awhile now, I've yet to see anything :p

EDIT: And then I found one. :\

And it didn't wanna pump. I put the air pump on top of the bubbling sand, nothing. Dug it out and put it where the sand was, nothing. I had a tank next to it like I'm supposed to, but it stayed empty. Anything I'm doing wrong, or is this just normal?
There is a cavern if you dig right below where the bubbles are coming out. Once you get in there you will get some debuffs that will let you know the gas is there. Do not place a torch in the cavern or it will blow up! The book says the air pump will output the gas to a tank placed next to it but i couldn't get it to work. I tried placing the tank above, below, every side and nothing worked so I just ended up cheating in some natural gas bottles to complete the quest. If anyone knows why I couldn't get that to work that would be great but I'm already way past that quest so I'm not really worried about it.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wonderful. The nearest water is a full *day* away from my base, and moving would be *far* too much of a pita to bother. Does the tank way still work at all or am I screwed?
like i said its just a bug you have to keep removing your fish from the breeder i think a 9x9x9 is plenty for any fish

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
There is a cavern if you dig right below where the bubbles are coming out. Once you get in there you will get some debuffs that will let you know the gas is there. Do not place a torch in the cavern or it will blow up! The book says the air pump will output the gas to a tank placed next to it but i couldn't get it to work. I tried placing the tank above, below, every side and nothing worked so I just ended up cheating in some natural gas bottles to complete the quest. If anyone knows why I couldn't get that to work that would be great but I'm already way past that quest so I'm not really worried about it.

I dug a bit, but when I went past limestone to regular stone, I just kinda gave up on that one; meh, will try again I suppose, thanks for the info.

EDIT: Just had to dig a little deeper, I just put the pump inside the pocket and it's pumping.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
worldedit works clientside as thats all i got

Edit: also if you want i can upload my world and give you the co ords and you can go to mcedit and copy and paste

Can I ask you if you used liteloader to install it to Regrowth? or could you give me a link to the world edit your using so I can take a look. Thanks again for the help.

TRLinerunner

Jul 29, 2019
like i said its just a bug you have to keep removing your fish from the breeder i think a 9x9x9 is plenty for any fish
Yeah still a no go. Got the fish to stop complaining about water and now I find they would take more cooling than I can manage anyway. As in 22 degrees worth. The "ultimate" upgrade only does 14 and even if I wanted to make 2 of those I have no access to titanium so bleh. Guess this stuff has to wait.

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand why this pack doesn't have hunger overhaul and Pam's harvest craft.just about the only thing you can do early game, is work the garden. With such a huge focus on crops, and bredding uber crops, it seems worthy of my time to practicing my culinary arts even if it is mostly salads and pastrys. Besides food quickly becomes so trivial yeah, I can fill a barrel with all the crops, but why? I can live off carrots for weeks in real life for less than an hour in game. I usually don't love these hunger packs, but it seems like they really belong in this pack.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask you if you used liteloader to install it to Regrowth? or could you give me a link to the world edit your using so I can take a look. Thanks again for the help.
nah just dl the mod its compatible with forge heres link http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225608-worldedit i have very basic knowledge of this and it didnt take me very long to figure out with the tutorials there. copying that wall in should be relatively simple

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what the brown mushroom grows on?
To grow them you need to place the AgriCraft crop sticks on mycelium. You can create the mycelium with (i think) dirt, nature essence, and a mushroom (the recipe is in NEI). If you don't have any mushrooms to create the mycelium you can use mutandis from Witchery on a sapling or some grass to make them. You can also rarely find them in the world either on the surface or in caves.

ExcelsiorGo

Jul 29, 2019
To grow them you need to place the AgriCraft crop sticks on mycelium. You can create the mycelium with (i think) dirt, nature essence, and a mushroom (the recipe is in NEI). If you don't have any mushrooms to create the mycelium you can use mutandis from Witchery on a sapling or some grass to make them. You can also rarely find them in the world either on the surface or in caves.
Thanks, I was trying different lighting, soil, sand, soulsand....you've cured my headache. =)

uberwookie

Jul 29, 2019
I can't progress my questline for some reason. I am stuck not being able to unlock the (normal) infusion stone quest, even though I turned in the runes, and all the tier 1 magic crops. What this means is no way to get aluminium and no way to progress. I made a normal infusion stone I believe BEFORE completing the basic elemental rune quest, however, so... is there a way to fix a stuck quest line/book?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I can't progress my questline for some reason. I am stuck not being able to unlock the (normal) infusion stone quest, even though I turned in the runes, and all the tier 1 magic crops. What this means is no way to get aluminium and no way to progress. I made a normal infusion stone I believe BEFORE completing the basic elemental rune quest, however, so... is there a way to fix a stuck quest line/book?
Does ALL the tier 1 include the ender seeds? the quest for those opens up after you've done the quest to kill a vanilla enderman.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Is it possible to code a water color change in the wasteland, or do we have to build in the ocean biome to get the pretty blue water?

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. So I'm really enjoying this pack. One of the main things I love is that outside of Thaumcraft and Magic Crops, I've never used any of the mods in this pack extensively before. So it's super fun cause I'm getting to learn new mods. However, this has led to some really annoying stumbling blocks where I have questions that I can't find answers for. So I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone can help. Sorry if these have been asked before or can be answered by reading a wiki somewhere, but I used the in-forum search tool for like a half hour trying to solve these questions myself and I looked on every wiki I could find and couldn't find any answers. So hopefully I'm not being to repetitive or annoying. :) Thanks for the help in advance.

1.) How do I autocraft with liquids. Specifically, I want to make ALL THE CAKES, but yeah. Liquicrafter from MFR is usually my go-to, but since MFR isn't around, i can't figure this one out. I've tried a lot of the various crafting stuff, and I can't seem to get them to accept buckets or input from tanks of milk.

2.) Does Thaumcraft/Bloodmagic have their own sections in the Quest Book yet? I have been holding off starting them because I'd rather do them with the quest book, but if there isn't a section for them, or there isn't one yet, I want to get started on Thaumcraft.

3.) Mekanism Energy Cubes the only energy storage devices?

4.) What, exactly, am I looking for when it comes to the natural gas underwater? Like, it says "look for bubbles" or something, but yeah, spent a LOT of time at the bottom of several different oceans and I have no idea what I'm looking for. A screen shot would be SUPER appreciated (I'd love you forever).

I think that's it for now, but if I think of anything else, I'll edit this thread. Thanks again! :D

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. So I'm really enjoying this pack. One of the main things I love is that outside of Thaumcraft and Magic Crops, I've never used any of the mods in this pack extensively before. So it's super fun cause I'm getting to learn new mods. However, this has led to some really annoying stumbling blocks where I have questions that I can't find answers for. So I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone can help. Sorry if these have been asked before or can be answered by reading a wiki somewhere, but I used the in-forum search tool for like a half hour trying to solve these questions myself and I looked on every wiki I could find and couldn't find any answers. So hopefully I'm not being to repetitive or annoying. :) Thanks for the help in advance.

1.) How do I autocraft with liquids. Specifically, I want to make ALL THE CAKES, but yeah. Liquicrafter from MFR is usually my go-to, but since MFR isn't around, i can't figure this one out. I've tried a lot of the various crafting stuff, and I can't seem to get them to accept buckets or input from tanks of milk.

2.) Does Thaumcraft/Bloodmagic have their own sections in the Quest Book yet? I have been holding off starting them because I'd rather do them with the quest book, but if there isn't a section for them, or there isn't one yet, I want to get started on Thaumcraft.

4.) What, exactly, am I looking for when it comes to the natural gas underwater? Like, it says "look for bubbles" or something, but yeah, spent a LOT of time at the bottom of several different oceans and I have no idea what I'm looking for. A screen shot would be SUPER appreciated (I'd love you forever).

I think that's it for now, but if I think of anything else, I'll edit this thread. Thanks again! :D

1. No clue, sorry.

2. I know Thaumcraft is planned at some point, and I can assume Bloodmagic is too, but I don't believe they're in yet.

3. Not my forte, sorry.

4. Scour the ocean bottom and look for sand (it's special Mariculture sand that has the particle effect), usually lone blocks in the seafloor. When you get close, there'll be bubble particles coming out of it. Dig it and keep going down and you'll find an open chamber with flammable gas that'll debuff you constantly. Pump and run. Also, they're ridiculously rare, so have fun. I personally went into creative because I didn't feel like diving and rising constantly.

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019

1.) Not sure about auto-crafting with liquid in this pack. The Assembly Halo from Botania makes it much easier to craft with liquids. You can save recipes into the slots around it but it is still very manual in that you must fill the buckets, keep them in your inventory, and right click on the item in the Halo to craft. Other than that I can't really think of anything because Extra Cells isn't in and is very late game anyways, especially in this pack, and without MFR or TE it makes it very hard to automate crafting with liquids. As I was typing this i remembered Thaumcraft Golems might work but I don't know enough about them to help you with them. I'm sure someone on youtube will have used them for crafting if you want to find a video about it.

2.) Some Thaumcraft quests will be added in the 0.70 update (hopefully later this week), Blood Magic I'm not sure about.

3.) I think there is something from Applied Energistics that can store power but I don't know much about AE2 so I could be wrong about that. Either way the only power storage I've seen is VERY late game.

4.) You need to spend a ton of time walking around the bottom of the ocean. Eventually you will see some bubbles coming out of the ocean floor. Dig straight down from that block and you will find a gas pocket.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the answers so far.

the beginning thaumcraft quests are going to be in .7 update

YAY! Okay, gana wait on Thaumcraft then...it's seriously my fav mod ever.

I just remembered a video by @Ako_the_Builder on youtube where he used Thaumcraft Golems to craft cakes, I don't remember if there were other mods involved that aren't in this pack but I'll try and find that video real quick.

Edit: Found it!!

That is an awesome set up. Sadly, we don't have Thaumic Tinkerer I don't think, which the Dynamism Tablet is from. Using this method, one would have to milk the cows by hand and have the golems fill from a massive tank storage system, but that wouldn't be that bad. So I could totally work around it. Sadly, the Advanced Golem thing is a super high level Thaumcraft thing, so by the time I could get this set up running I really wouldn't have much of a need for the mass produced cakes anymore. But it's a super cool idea. Thanks for showing this to me! :D

As for autocrafting the cakes, I think a Forestry Bottler might do the trick (turning milk in a tank into milk buckets), but I think the only way to craft with buckets in this pack is via the Advanced Crafting Table from BC Silicon, which I am a ways from being able to use also. :(

I think a Crafty Crate from Botania might work via the bottler method, but the "No UI" thing makes using the Crafty Crate seem like a HUGE chore to manage on a recipe as complex as cake. I might try messing around with that for a while.