[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

billybricker1

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I just realized it was a jockey, and I just saw another, but I still have no idea what happened with that one chicken... Maybe jockey-chickens have different metadata that lets them despawn?
Most mobs will despawn if you go far enough away from them. The only exceptions i know of are if you use vanilla name tags on them or capture them in a reusable/jailers safari net (which is not in this pack).

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I just realized it was a jockey, and I just saw another, but I still have no idea what happened with that one chicken... Maybe jockey-chickens have different metadata that lets them despawn?
I believe in vanilla mechanics, if an animal can move more than a certain number of spaces, (9?) It can despawn. If it cannot, it won't despawn. This allows you to have sheep pens and cow pens and whatnot. I'm also pretty sure that when the chicken jockey zombie dies in sunlight, a regular chicken remains that follow normal rules for despawning, so if it's in a small pen, (or hole in your basement) It won't despawn normally.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Most mobs will despawn if you go far enough away from them. The only exceptions i know of are if you use vanilla name tags on them or capture them in a reusable/jailers safari net (which is not in this pack).

I believe in vanilla mechanics, if an animal can move more than a certain number of spaces, (9?) It can despawn. If it cannot, it won't despawn. This allows you to have sheep pens and cow pens and whatnot. I'm also pretty sure that when the chicken jockey zombie dies in sunlight, a regular chicken remains that follow normal rules for despawning, so if it's in a small pen, (or hole in your basement) It won't despawn normally.

No, in vanilla mechanics, passive animals can't despawn. Which is why animal pens that are large than 9x9 don't just despawn. The only conclusion I have is that a chicken jockey chicken has different metadata than a normal chicken and therefore doesn't quite count and can despawn. Like how zombies that can hold items have different metadata from normal zombies (WAILA shows item-holders as having a ton of empty hearts).

scythe96

Jul 29, 2019
Chicken jockey chickens despawn because before when they didn't you would have them spawning in caves and such, and then when the baby zombie despawned the chicken wouldn't, causing them to slowly build up and create lag.

himan935

Jul 29, 2019
hi, I'm loving this pack,but due to my computer being kind of meh, im only getting about 15 fps on 10 render and lowest other settings, so I was wondering if I could put Optifine and Fastcraft into this without it dying on me. If not, i can live with it, but i'd really like to add a texture pack to my client, and without at least optifine to tweak animations and stuff, my framerate completely dies.

Howkey

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone can help me how to progress from Bronze Pickaxe? ... without ALuminium i cant make the ALumite, Manyullyn or steel ?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone can help me how to progress from Bronze Pickaxe? ... without ALuminium i cant make the ALumite, Manyullyn or steel ?
You get the aluminum seeds early on (bauxite). Then from alumite, I went up to pig iron (in the smeltery). Once I got the blast furnace going I upgraded the pickaxe to steel, and from there to manyullyn (maybe with a cobalt step in between, I don't quite remember).

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Another question, I found this chicken roaming around near my hole in the ground, no idea how it spawned, but I lured it into a small hole in my base, and I left for a bit, and it was gone when I came back. So, do chickens and whatnot despawn in this pack, or was that some kind of freak appearing and disappearing chicken?

Or perhaps the society against cruelty to animals swooped in rescued the chicken?

Howkey

Jul 29, 2019
You get the aluminum seeds early on (bauxite). Then from alumite, I went up to pig iron (in the smeltery). Once I got the blast furnace going I upgraded the pickaxe to steel, and from there to manyullyn (maybe with a cobalt step in between, I don't quite remember).

well i havent found Aluminium seeds yet, also what soil i need for Mushroom seeds/spores? because i tried cobblestone, sand, red sand, stone, dirt ... nothing works

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
well i havent found Aluminium seeds yet, also what soil i need for Mushroom seeds/spores? because i tried cobblestone, sand, red sand, stone, dirt ... nothing works
Try mutandis or nether, that will give you mushrooms. Then you'll need mycelium.

Reactions: Howkey

kofti

Jul 29, 2019
hi, I'm loving this pack,but due to my computer being kind of meh, im only getting about 15 fps on 10 render and lowest other settings, so I was wondering if I could put Optifine and Fastcraft into this without it dying on me. If not, i can live with it, but i'd really like to add a texture pack to my client, and without at least optifine to tweak animations and stuff, my framerate completely dies.

I have them both added. You only need to disable one of the OptiFine texture settings if get JABBA textures flickering.

himan935

Jul 29, 2019
I have them both added. You only need to disable one of the OptiFine texture settings if get JABBA textures flickering.
Wonderful, I shouldn't have that problem as I don't use JABBA anyway, I've been eating up the drawers mod, I even made 32 half drawers, and made a neat little back-to-back shelving area for storage.