[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
i agree with the howling is annoying and they spawn where they are not wanted but they wont attack unless you approach them so 2 hit killing you doesnt even matter it just makes you have to be weary of your surroundings
Until they make their way into your gardens... and you really need something from there. :D

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
After much lurking, I've made an account to comment on some modpacks.

I spent a lot of time on Regrowth of late, and it introduced me to Botania and Agricraft quite deftly, which I found out that I rather love. So thanks for that! And I do love the pack's method of progression and its tone. I was attracted to that right from the get-go. I adore 'revive the world' as a theme. Though I admit, that following along with that 'storyline' isn't this pack's strong suit. It doesn't really feel like our goal is to bring life back yet. We're growing our skills, but I wish there was some quests to actually go out and spread life somehow, as you discover new methods to help. Though be darned if I know if such a thing is possible with HQM, especially on a non-preset map. I've tried to do a bit of that for myself, but my is it a pain. Dear heavens do I wish that RF-powered alternative to the Wand of Equal Trade was around. I'm... really not a fan of the Thaumcraft research and infusion mechanics. I'd love to be able to around and swap out large patches of cracked sand for dirt and grass. But now that you have Thaumcraft quests in, maybe I'll give it its fifth or sixth chance. :p

In any case, aside from that, I'm totally digging this modpack. I was waiting for 0.7 with a horrible desperation. I spent the last few hours of playtime on the pack preparing for the patch, by collecting garden soil and clearing my crops and adding in Enchanced Inventories manually to check it out (My kingdom for dolly support) and the like. But I think I'll let it stay on hiatus for a liiiiiittle bit longer until the desperate hotfixes are more likely to be done. I'm rather resigned to having to spend some time with the HQM admin book and the trash can regardless. It's a small price, and you takes your chances with a WIP pack, but better safe than sorry. I'll kill more time with The Ferret Business, which was surprisingly fun, until things seem settled here.

Keep up the good work on the pack, Phoenix! It's one of the coolest new ones in ages, and probably ate up more of my time than anything since Agrarian Skies.

Vento

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting random crashes when looking up NEI recipes. This has never happened before this new update... Here is the crash report http://pastebin.com/uRe61TAH . Is there a way to fix it or do I have to downgrade the modpack? If I do that, will there be any problems?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Necrotic bone recipe is disabled in 0.6.5
Wither Skeleton Skull recipe should show up on NEI. It showed on mine when I played the 0.6.5 couple weeks ago.
Necrotic bone recipe isn't part of the Magical Crops recipes by default, but I did add a recipe for it in 0.7
@thephoenixlodge This may be a presumptive thing for me to offer, but would you like me to delete the current first reply in this thread so that the first reply in this thread becomes yours and you can perhaps convert that (via editing) into a "Known Issues & Solutions" or "Bulletin Board" post without making the very original post even longer? It may help out with a lot of the repetition of ask-and-answer you're getting in thread here if you have that and decrease the thread noise so you aren't having to filter through the same things over and over.
That would be great :)

Spectre97

Jul 29, 2019
Grumble.. after updating my server which me and one other friend play on, we discovered we are no longer in the party. The party still exists and shows up as two players being a apart of it, but neither of us are in it. Any way to fix this?

RPTBuddy

Jul 29, 2019
i do it. i place garden soil in range of water and till it but i cant plant any crop and i cant interact with the garden trowel.

Are you using the crops from agricraft? Also, certain things like mushrooms require mycelium and others require sand like sugarcane
I've been playing this modpack for weeks and haven't felt the need to pop into this thread any make any comments, at least until today.

These wolves aren't just bloody annoying, they're very unbalanced.
  • Spawn everywhere, including inside your base. (I even used F7 to check light levels everywhere, so they must spawn at > 8)
  • Can 2 hit kill you in the beginning of the game.
  • Did I mention they are bloody annoying, "ARRROOOOO"
To Alienfish, do this:
  • Find your EnderZoo.cfg file, mine is in: C:\Program Files\FTB\Regrowth\minecraft\config\enderzoo
  • Edit this line, "B:direWolfEnabled=true" to be "B:direWolfEnabled=false"
I've been playing FTB for probably two years now, and I can honestly say that this is the first time I've ever gone and made a "difficulty" change to a configuration file, and I played Blood 'n Bones for about 6 months straight. It's not that they're just "too hard", it's that they're implemented in a way that is a hassle. I'd humbly suggest that unless this is an attempt to rebrand "Regrowth" as "Dances with Wolves: The Minecraft Version" that perhaps they be toned down or otherwise removed from the mod.

I was starting to think this was just me...thanks for the tip on how to disable them...hate to do it but when they spawn in your base and all you have is a flint sword and no armor it becomes a little unfair

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I just stand on a two block high pillar and whack at the wolves with a flint sword. But the howling startled me at first.

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I updated and now I have a bunch of broken quest, some are already completed, some are avaiable for completition, others are somewhat locked

Is there something I have to do to unlock the blocked quest of early on? I remember getting a secret quest after getting a pretty rare block

I have to do again all the earlygame stuff again, or are certain things to unlock each quest?

I have a lot of garden soil to make...

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I updated and now I have a bunch of broken quest, some are already completed, some are avaiable for completition, others are somewhat locked
Is there something I have to do to unlock the blocked quest of early on? I remember getting a secret quest after getting a pretty rare block
I have to do again all the earlygame stuff again, or are certain things to unlock each quest?
I have a lot of garden soil to make...

My write-up of how to fix the quest book is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4zr8le2nr9zh4d/regrowth-faq.txt?dl=0

Reactions: Wrulfy

anubisrwml

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed - was the way crops are created changed? I have a 10/10/10 Wheat and 10/10/10 Carrot and that used to make a 10/10/10 sugarcane. However the best I seem to be able to get now is 5/5/5. Just thought I'd ask - because this makes raising crop stats much more tedious (and it's already quite tedious)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed - was the way crops are created changed? I have a 10/10/10 Wheat and 10/10/10 Carrot and that used to make a 10/10/10 sugarcane. However the best I seem to be able to get now is 5/5/5. Just thought I'd ask - because this makes raising crop stats much more tedious (and it's already quite tedious)
Cross-breeding between different plant types no longer results in stat increases. Sorry, no more using 10/10/10 sugar cane to boost the stats of the other plants.
Mutations will now only receive the average of the stats of their parents, not the full stats - so breeding 10/10/10 wheat with 10/10/10 carrots will get you 5/5/5 sugar cane.
To get the old behavior, edit minecraft/config/agricraft/Configuration.cfg and change Farming difficulty to 1.

anubisrwml

Jul 29, 2019
I will play the mod as it's designed so will keep things as they were. I was just curious about the behavior as I had gotten used to cross-breeding the old easier way.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea about how to fix my problem? My quest progress is in a party which, after updating the server, I am no longer a part of, and I see no way of joining it.
Sorry, no multiplayer experience here, so can't speak to party stuff. :(