[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

jasperw94

Jul 29, 2019
I know the BC pipes have to be pointing in the correct direction (use a BC wrench to change direction) and may need a wooden engine to power them.

One other thing ... I found I needed to put another pipe in after the extraction pipe, so that the extraction pipe wasn't directly connected to the output machine.

machine -> extraction Pipe -> fluid pipe -> machine

Hope that helps!
thanks for fast reaction but the pipes for pumping steam in and water out DO connect its just that the kinesis pipes dont

trotzor

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe for bat spawn eggs doesn't seem to be working... I tried all different variations of wool/brown dye and checked to make sure the item IDs are all right.
Egg / Exp Dropx3 / brown dyex2 / feather / wool
isn't creating the spawn egg on the altar. :(

RPTBuddy

Jul 29, 2019
The Green Thumb quest requires iron to make a Garden Trowel in "What the World Came To Be"...is this intended? Don't I need that tool to grow crops on the garden soil or am I missing something?

Edit..and why are Direwolves spawning in my base when F7 is telling me its not possible?

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
My server crush , please help me

crash log : http://pastebin.com/sQ6jzeUf

Code:
cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Ljoshie/enchiridion/wiki/gui/GuiMain;
Delete Enchiridion 2 (Enchiridion 2-1.7.10-2.0d.jar) from the server's /mods/ folder (and ONLY Enchiridion 2, not the other one).

Actually we found earlier you don't need to delete Enchiridion 2 as it's just a config error.

Well after a changing the Enchiridion 2 config option (B:"Disable Autodiscovery"=true) to (B:"Disable Autodiscovery"=false) I have both now and the server runs fine without getting the crash. @thephoenixlodge after doing a little config research of Enchiridion 2 the 0.7.0 server has auto discovery set to false as default and got set to true for 0.7.1 thus causing the problem.

Go to FTB folder > Regrowth > config > Enchiridion & open Enchiridion 2 then just change B:"Disable Autodiscovery"=true from true to false

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for fast reaction but the pipes for pumping steam in and water out DO connect its just that the kinesis pipes dont

Ah right, I misunderstood your problem. Could it be the same issues, though - the direction and/or the need for a pipe after the extraction pipe?

Maybe a screenshot could help.

jasperw94

Jul 29, 2019
w
Ah right, I misunderstood your problem. Could it be the same issues, though - the direction and/or the need for a pipe after the extraction pipe?

Maybe a screenshot could help.
upload_2015-3-16_18-15-10.png

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, neither of my ideas then!

Only other thing I can think of is the machine itself (which I haven't used before btw). Is there a gui to configure output sides, similar to TE machines?

jasperw94

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, neither of my ideas then!

Only other thing I can think of is the machine itself (which I haven't used before btw). Is there a gui to configure output sides, similar to TE machines?
nope. it can be that the problem is that ic2 is not in regrowth i had read that somewhere or im just stupid xD
upload_2015-3-16_18-21-23.png

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
still on 0.6.5 - why are so many recipes missing for most of the essences? Of course I know a lot of the patterns - 3 across, 3 vertical, 3 diagonal, 4 square, 8 square, all 9, etc. but I still don't like having to guess and possibly missing a good recipe. One example is "Essence of the Wither" - there's no NEI recipe for using it, and I did discover that 8 square gives a Wither Skeleton Skull, but how about Necrotic Bone? I've tried all the combos but no bones. Now perhaps there isn't a recipe for Necrotic Bone using Essence of the Wither, but I'd like to know that for certain before I needlessly waste time hunting for a Nether Fortress so I can try to get some Necrotic Bone drops.

Another example is the Slime essence, it has a very odd pattern using 6 of the 9 crafting slots. I would never have guessed that recipe. So not all recipes are the simple kind, apparently. I got the recipe by looking up Slimeball in NEI and pressing "R". So why is the recipe in NEI, but the Essence item isn't? If you look up "Essence of the Slime" there's no entry even tho it is used in the Slimeball recipes. That doesn't make sense to me. (Edit: I made a mistake, it isn't the Slimeball recipe that has the "odd" recipe, but I can't remember which item it is that has that recipe).

Another example is Essence of Ardite, which doesn't show up at all in NEI, not even if you go to "Ardite Ingot" and look up all the recipes. But I think it's safe to say there is indeed a recipe for turning essence into ingots (most likely the 8 square one but I don't have 8 of em yet so I can't check to see). So why doesn't NEI show it? Edit: The answer to this one is, 8 square gives an Ardite Ore block, not an Ardite Ingot, which is a nice bonus!

Point is, we can't be certain of anything when it comes to essence recipes, and I don't enjoy having to guess at them. Is this intended behavior?

Huh, I'm running .65 and it works. Maybe yours is bugged, hm?

To clarify, I can see the recipes and whatnot when checking the essences. I usually rebind recipe to F and just hit that over things.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
The Green Thumb quest requires iron to make a Garden Trowel in "What the World Came To Be"...is this intended? Don't I need that tool to grow crops on the garden soil or am I missing something?

Edit..and why are Direwolves spawning in my base when F7 is telling me its not possible?
You won't need the tool to plant any crops. I can't comment on quest progression though.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge This may be a presumptive thing for me to offer, but would you like me to delete the current first reply in this thread so that the first reply in this thread becomes yours and you can perhaps convert that (via editing) into a "Known Issues & Solutions" or "Bulletin Board" post without making the very original post even longer? It may help out with a lot of the repetition of ask-and-answer you're getting in thread here if you have that and decrease the thread noise so you aren't having to filter through the same things over and over.

RPTBuddy

Jul 29, 2019
You won't need the tool to plant any crops. I can't comment on quest progression though.

I didn't realize at first but the soil wouldn't till until I put down a water source...derp...but yeah the direwolfs are still a concern lol

Foonish

Jul 29, 2019
That has nothing to do with botania. It's to do with me failing at maths ;P. Out of interest, were you opening a lexica with alfheim?

But also please never bother other mod authors when it comes to issues with their books when enchiridion is mentioned. It's ALWAYS on my end. I'm adding support for their books, not the other way around.

It was the alfheim lexica. Also, I just tried to reproduce it by crafting a basic lexica, and the crash went away, even with the old alfheim lexica. Thanks!

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
In regards with the new farming methods, there's dirt, humus, and garden soil. Is there a significant difference in using garden soil over dirt or they still have the same growth time for crops? (not sure about humus though).

Marb

Jul 29, 2019
i cant plant crops without a graden trowel, and even when planted with help of one they never grow. what am i doing wrong?

RPTBuddy

Jul 29, 2019
i cant plant crops without a graden trowel, and even when planted with help of one they never grow. what am i doing wrong?

You probably are doing what I did...you can till the garden soil with your mattock but it has to be in range of a water source

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
It was the alfheim lexica. Also, I just tried to reproduce it by crafting a basic lexica, and the crash went away, even with the old alfheim lexica. Thanks!

Yeah the issue was that it was trying to replace the original lexica in the enchiridion 2 library when you open the alfheim one for the first time. But since you didn't have the original lexica in there yet. It couldn't find it so crashes >.>. So I need to make sure, if it fails to overwrite the book, to just add it instead :p.

Marb

Jul 29, 2019
You probably are doing what I did...you can till the garden soil with your mattock but it has to be in range of a water source
i do it. i place garden soil in range of water and till it but i cant plant any crop and i cant interact with the garden trowel.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
i do it. i place garden soil in range of water and till it but i cant plant any crop and i cant interact with the garden trowel.
Did you placed the crop sticks on the tiled soil before trying to plant?

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk