[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Probably because upgrading the pack its causing HQM to go nuts.

Have you guys tried to delete the HQM folder in the save and 'restart' the quests again? If it works, its just a question of cheating it to the point where you guys were.

rowean

Jul 29, 2019
in the latest update is says to make a crafting table you need wood slabs problem is only way there seem to be to get wood slabs needs a crafting table and the one block of wood=crafting table recipie don't work :{ Is this a mod pack mistake or am I missing some kind of a trick?

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
in the latest update is says to make a crafting table you need wood slabs problem is only way there seem to be to get wood slabs needs a crafting table and the one block of wood=crafting table recipie don't work :{ Is this a mod pack mistake or am I missing some kind of a trick?
It describes how to make the crafting bench in the quest "Patterned Response." The "plank" it refers to is a piece of the dead wood.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Probably because upgrading the pack its causing HQM to go nuts.

Have you guys tried to delete the HQM folder in the save and 'restart' the quests again? If it works, its just a question of cheating it to the point where you guys were.
While I know that is an option. I'm in no hurry to upgrade. I'm going to wait until .72 and perhaps .73 comes out to update.

.65 is great and since I'm running a server for a group of people I want to make sure I upgrade as stable a version as possible.

My point in spinning up a test version of my server running the latest version and then posting issues is to provide feedback to help make a better pack.

I'm in no hurry. Take the time needed to fix what is possible. If in the end I have to have people start over with the questbook that is fine.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
While I know that is an option. I'm in no hurry to upgrade. I'm going to wait until .72 and perhaps .73 comes out to update.

.65 is great and since I'm running a server for a group of people I want to make sure I upgrade as stable a version as possible.

My point in spinning up a test version of my server running the latest version and then posting issues is to provide feedback to help make a better pack.

I'm in no hurry. Take the time needed to fix what is possible. If in the end I have to have people start over with the questbook that is fine.
The problem is, this probably isnt fixable.... The more versions get out, the more mods update to a new version, more quests are out, the amount of diferences just get bigger and bigger and the quest reset will be needed even more.

ShaimaaElshatter

Jul 29, 2019
That looks.. bad. You might be able to get by if you delete the HQM data, then manually completing the quests with an /hqm edit book, as described in the posts/links above.
Tried that, didn't work.
Totally frustrated right now, I was looking forward to the new update and I've been preparing also and changed all the dirt with the new garden soil and I finished a lot in the quest book. I am not going to restart all that again!
Thanks for the help anyway. Enjoy the pack! while you can!

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Cross-breeding between different plant types no longer results in stat increases. Sorry, no more using 10/10/10 sugar cane to boost the stats of the other plants.
Mutations will now only receive the average of the stats of their parents, not the full stats - so breeding 10/10/10 wheat with 10/10/10 carrots will get you 5/5/5 sugar cane.
To get the old behavior, edit minecraft/config/agricraft/Configuration.cfg and change Farming difficulty to 1.

One little problem with your math there. The average is the sum divided by the number of inputs. 10/10/10+10/10/10=20/20/20 There are two inputs there, so 20/20/20 DIVIDED 2=10/10/10, so Agricraft handles parent->child stats a different way.

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019

oh thanks. I had to do that once in AS for the jetpack quest. I guess is the best idea here.

Also, thanks for the Enhanced inventories mod, being able to make diamond chests with alumite is nice. I guess even if alumite is a tier lower in terms of raw materials, is technically more complex than plain diamonds/emerals

but I really prefered the Iron chest GUI, specially for larger chests, I prefer to have everything in sight. I guess a scrollbar-less gui for a double alumite would be quite too big, some inbetween would be interesting.

Does the ardite/cobalt work as the same as obsidian does? I have seen no space upgrades from obsidian, so I guess that tier is just reinforcing?

LeFoxat

Jul 29, 2019
It might be a little cheaty, but instead of hassling myself with garden soil, I just decided to make a creative barrel of it. Otherwise the upgrade went fine after I redid all my quests. :)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
One little problem with your math there. The average is the sum divided by the number of inputs. 10/10/10+10/10/10=20/20/20 There are two inputs there, so 20/20/20 DIVIDED 2=10/10/10, so Agricraft handles parent->child stats a different way.
Haha, yeah, I guess it's not really an average as I describe it. The setting is a divisor, and then it's averaged from that. I'll update the language to be more accurate. Thanks!

oh thanks. I had to do that once in AS for the jetpack quest. I guess is the best idea here.
Also, thanks for the Enhanced inventories mod, being able to make diamond chests with alumite is nice. I guess even if alumite is a tier lower in terms of raw materials, is technically more complex than plain diamonds/emerals
but I really prefered the Iron chest GUI, specially for larger chests, I prefer to have everything in sight. I guess a scrollbar-less gui for a double alumite would be quite too big, some inbetween would be interesting.
Does the ardite/cobalt work as the same as obsidian does? I have seen no space upgrades from obsidian, so I guess that tier is just reinforcing?
I'm not the modpack creator, just a FAQ guy - thank thephoenixlodge. :) I haven't actually played with any of the new stuff in 0.71, so I'll leave the Enhanced Inventory questions to others..

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Also, because this keeps getting asked, here's the end-all guide for why planting isn't working.

Read the questbook, it tells you literally everything you need to be doing. If it doesn't tell you, then you're advancing ahead of the questbook, so try to complete a few quests that look like they're leading up to planting.

That said, link people here from now on, I'm getting really tired of people completely ignoring the questbook's superlative instructions (and the changelog, for that matter) and cluttering up the thread trying to figure out why they can't plant whatever.

Seriously, if you can't get nether wart to grow, that's understandable (in fact, I recall thephoenixlodge saying he'd fix that, since it requires darkness or summat). In my opinion, if you can't be bothered to read the questbook that guides you through the modpack, the actual mods, and many of the recipe changes, you don't deserve to waste other people's time so they can answer the inane questions that you come up with as a result.

Reactions: Liquid Klone

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately people will keep asking because they don't look through the thread, because it's too big, because people keep asking the same questions over and over... Also because the search function is broken.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Yes parties seem to totally break with .71. I've mentioned it before (about 20 pages ago) and got no response. I'm hoping the pack author saw it and added it to his "look into it" list.

Parties are working just fine for me. Took a second to remember* how to set one up, but since we've gotten the party started again everything seems to be as it was before.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019

for the record if the modpack dev is updating hqm quest then they will break and you will need to restart.