[1.7.10] Post Finem (after the end) [Tech][HQM][Hardcore] version 1.1.0

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, what's with the whole getting stung by bugs thing everywhere I go in this pack? Is there a way to protect against it? Also, what mod is causing it? Never run into it before personally, even though I've played a ton of modpacks.
It means you're near a rock beehive. Dig around and harvest the hive, to get rid of it

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, what's with the whole getting stung by bugs thing everywhere I go in this pack? Is there a way to protect against it? Also, what mod is causing it? Never run into it before personally, even though I've played a ton of modpacks.
It's a custom thing, it happens when you get close to a rocky hive. I'm going to change the potion effect next update, and maybe reduce the range slightly.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
It's a custom thing, it happens when you get close to a rocky hive. I'm going to change the potion effect next update, and maybe reduce the range slightly.

About range...
If you change the effect to something like weakness (technically a debuff, but not terribly hazardous), I'd say to keep the range as is, and add the second level (Weakness 2, for example) when you are within 1-2 blocks.

Alifalafel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the tip! One more note...you might want to add in some recipe or quest to create/receive lily pads. Unless I'm just doing it wrong, it seems to be very difficult to get bees started if water bees can't do their thing for lack of flowers.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the tip! One more note...you might want to add in some recipe or quest to create/receive lily pads. Unless I'm just doing it wrong, it seems to be very difficult to get bees started if water bees can't do their thing for lack of flowers.
Doesn't fishing give lily pads as a rare drop?

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I'll add a synthesizer recipe for them next update.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I'll add a synthesizer recipe for them next update.
Yeah, that's probably for the best.

Questing definitely slows down near the end ( as would be expected; I'm not sure if there's any way to have plentiful late-game quests ). I've been taking a break--I got a bit annoyed with how tedious it is to make the AE2 cables--but will probably come back in a little while. (I've been playing around with putting together an HQM pack. It's really quite entertaining.)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I made a server pack for this mod, can anyone tell me who's played it a lot is there supposed to be oregen or not in the OW?

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
I've not seen any in my world. I don't remember seeing anything in changelogs about removing it though.
If it hasn't been changed, there's uranium there... Or at least it's there in my world (made a couple updates ago, though...).

Try making a test world w/ creative mode, and put down a digital miner set to mine uranium in a 20 block radius, and height 0-60.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
I've almost got the next update ready. This update will fix a number of minor issues, add a few recipes and make some minor adjustments to quests and mechanics.

Mods I'm adding this update are:
-Extra Cells - tech mod that extends Applied Energistics
-Malisis Doors - infinite choices for doors, will allow bases to be built with an even more high tech feel.
-Recurrent Complex - Mod that adds many options for structure, dungeon, and ruin generation. Highly customizable and should be able to solve the issue of having to remember to disable structure generation. I want to get this in now but I will not be able to implement all the awesome things I want to do with this in this update. More structures and a spawn structure will be added using this mod in a future update.

This should be the last time mods are added. A new quest chapter might get added that will revolve around the Recurrent Complex mod in a future update.

If you're a builder and want to help me improve the pack, make a dungeon, ruins, crash site, or what ever you think fits in to the post apocalypse setting of Post Finem. Send it to me in a .zip and your build could appear in the modpack.

Last edited:

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Recurrent Complex - Mod that adds many options for structure, dungeon, and ruin generation. Highly customizable and should be able to solve the issue of having to remember to disable structure generation. I want to get this in now but I will not be able to implement all the awesome things I want to do with this in this update. More structures and a spawn structure will be added using this mod in a future update.

Will mineshaft, etc still spawn? I found one even though Structures were off.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Will mineshaft, etc still spawn? I found one even though Structures were off.
Yes, the mineshaft you found was one of the ones added by enviromine. I've taking steps to remove the wooden parts of those mine shafts but some times a few bits of wood and vines will slip past the custom ore gen, not enough to be concerned about IMO. I will be using RC to stop the spawning of all core minecraft structures and eventually will replace the underground ones with new more "interesting" ones, as well as adding a few surface dungeons. RC might even allow me to change how Pigmen spawn, remove them from general spawning and add structures with spawners in them instead.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Something that has been bugging me is the green grid at my feet, is there a way of getting rid of it?
Green?

Do you mean the yellow or red Xs on blocks which mean that mobs can spawn there? If so, use one of the function keys (I'm tempted to say F7, but don't quote me on that)