[1.7.10] Post Finem (after the end) [Tech][HQM][Hardcore] version 1.1.0

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RedRobin96

Jul 29, 2019
This is an interesting modpack, I took a break from Minecraft for a while, but this one seems like a good modpack to return to. btw does anyone have a map to suggest for role-playing purposes?

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I didnt even think of using Lord Raccoon's seed. Every random seed I've tried to use has gameover'd me.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
I can give you my seed when I get home, if you want it.
You spawn right next to a patch of sand and a shallow river end. It's a cold biome, but there's some lava not too far away, which you can pick up with a bucket.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I'd be happy to have it. It can never be as bad as some of the ones I've had recently. Having to go over 500 blocks from spawn to get a decent looking cave is a royal pita. And then have the back wall turn out to be monster eggs.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019

Here's what it looks like in a fresh world. You spawn right on top of that short hill on the other side of the river.
AeWxOPM.jpg

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
not too bad at all. especially if i dig out the sand (across the river in the center) and build my base there. kills 2 birds with one rock---getting the base and some sand.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
not too bad at all. especially if i dig out the sand (across the river in the center) and build my base there. kills 2 birds with one rock---getting the base and some sand.
Exactly where I built mine :)

I wouldn't recommend setting up your final base there (just because it is in a cold biome, and hypothermia is irritating), but it is definitely good for a starting base, until you get to the point where you feel that moving to an above-ground base in a warmer region would be the best option (which for me was when I had stone gen, stable power, stable food, decent defensive capabilities, and a sag mill.)

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Carefully expanding my hole. My paranoia about silverfish knows no bounds.
Yeah, Special Mobs silverfish are nasty early-game. If you have an extra iron ingot, know that you can make a chisel, and left-click stone with the chisel to determine whether it is a silverfish block or not (silverfish won't chisel).

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
i made the chisel but not for that, for torches that don't go out. to see the monster eggs, set Item ID to visible in the waila menu

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
7x7x7 Big Reactor, with 12k RF/tick!

A couple bug(?)s.
- The slice'n'splice quest shows up as "Unnamed Quest" and is not completable by normal means.
- AE2 P2P tunnels don't seem to have a crafting recipe. Intended?
- "Advanced Power Tool" unlocks simultaneously with "Remote Everything"

Spelling fixes for Advanced Tech
Big Power:
"When the fuel ran out" (Added 'out')
"get his Big Reactor built, but it" ('built,' not "build." Added comma)

Lasers to Full
"that power into laser" (combine "in" & "to")

Endless Resources
"pre-chargers, you just need" (added comma)
"laser into a beam" (combine "in" & "to")
"under the earth, beyond" (added comma)

Ender Attractor
"a live specimen for you" ('you,' not "your")

Wireless Power
"to keep them going, you think" (added comma)

Soul Binding
"You're able to" (wrong "your")

Remote Everything:
"get things around without" (made "thing" plural)
"and even rail cars" (Made plural)

Advanced Power Tool
"has many practical uses" ('practical,' not "piratical")

Just Need a Friend
"You're getting a bit lonely" (wrong "your")

Modular Tech
"Its systems were" ('Its,' not "It's")

Charge It
"One of these charge pads" (made "pad" plural)

Mekanized
"Of their metallurgic infuser" (Wrong "there")

Maximum Storage
"Now that you are able to" (added "you are")

Circuit Press
"Kept its secrets closely" ('its,' not "it's")
"need to recreate the special" ('the,' not "then")

Engineer's Best Friend
"are a girl's best friend" (added apostrophe for possessive)
"if that girl" (made singular)

Interfacing
"It can hold programs with recipes" ('hold,' not "be")

Taking it all in
"bring items into" (combined "in" and "to")

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, how do use up 12k/tick? I tend to be a caveman and am not proficient with a lot of the mods in this pack.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I'm not getting hypothermia any more. In fact I am overheating. It might be time for a camel pack.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, how do use up 12k/tick? I tend to be a caveman and am not proficient with a lot of the mods in this pack.

MFR Laser Drill, Mobs spawner seem to require a TON of energy I don't know if that's normal for them, or just in this pack. I know the grinder takes a lot to run.lol I made one seen what it took to run it, and tossed it back in a chest.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I'm not getting hypothermia any more. In fact I am overheating. It might be time for a camel pack.

I have a camel pack on and I still get Hypothermia, but mainly when I'm in water looking for clay.

Speaking of clay, it seems my world is very short on the stuff! I really wish there was some other things that dropped clay, or the elements to make it, because it is one of the worst things besides lapis to make:(

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Right now, just a laser drill (which can eat all 12k).

Other power-hungry things (though not 12k//tick) that I use include a minechem fusion chamber, synthesizing quartz, and soon an AE setup.
-----
But yeah, laser drills are really power-hungry, and are good late-game ore gen.

I have a camel pack on and I still get Hypothermia, but mainly when I'm in water looking for clay.

Speaking of clay, it seems my world is very short on the stuff! I really wish there was some other things that dropped clay, or the elements to make it, because it is one of the worst things besides lapis to make:(
I haven't ever found clay (then again, I don't typically search out for it). I mainly just synthesize it, as, though tedious, making it isn't particularly expensive, and once you make a large batch of it you're set for a while.

The MFR tree harvester makes sludge, and the sludge boiler has a chance of outputting clay blocks, if you are really desperate for clay.