[1.7.10] Post Finem (after the end) [Tech][HQM][Hardcore] version 1.1.0

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's cool!! I just got an emerald from a king ghast as well as a spawn egg for a ghast. The egg isn't that great, but the emerald is and make it worth hunt them.lol

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's cool!! I just got an emerald from a king ghast as well as a spawn egg for a ghast. The egg isn't that great, but the emerald is and make it worth hunt them.lol
Interesting, but personally I don't think hunting them would be worth the time/ammo/danger.

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, but personally I don't think hunting them would be worth the time/ammo/danger.

Yeah true, but I'm just happy that there is a chance that you get a good drop instead of just gun powder.

Does vanilla spawning work in this pack for passive mobs on grass blocks?

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Added an effect when a player gets close to a Rocky hive they will get a message and a short poison effect

Did you do this to be evil? I spawn in my base after updating and I start taking poison damage. How far away does it do it? I have dug my base up looking for this hive,5 deep and 6 wide now and still can't find it. I lost all my health before getting out of the hole.lol Please tell me it won't kill you.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Looking forward to playing the update!
More quests are always fun :)

Are naturally-spawning hives the only source of bees?
If so, I guess the poison effect will help us find hives...

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Looking forward to playing the update!
More quests are always fun :)

Are naturally-spawning hives the only source of bees?
If so, I guess the poison effect will help us find hives...

It would be ok if it didn't damage you, but even thou it's only 1 sec it happens every 2 secs. I am still looking for the hive that's under my base someone, but have to stop when I get down to 3 hearts. Add to the fact that you have to dig slow because of silver fish.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
To give an idea at what area the poison effect kicks in from/around the Rock hives.lol Yes, the hole in my base was me going nuts trying to find it.lol It's ok it gave me a reason to make penicillin bath, and I need to make a basement anyways:p
Hive.png

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
It would be ok if it didn't damage you, but even thou it's only 1 sec it happens every 2 secs. I am still looking for the hive that's under my base someone, but have to stop when I get down to 3 hearts. Add to the fact that you have to dig slow because of silver fish.
Well at least the poison won't kill ya. I will reduce the range to 3 next update it is currently 5.
And yes I added the effect to help you find the hives a bit easier, and also cuz I'm evil.

Reactions: RehabOholic

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Well at least the poison won't kill ya. I will reduce the range to 3 next update it is currently 5.
And yes I added the effect to help you find the hives a bit easier, and also cuz I'm evil.

It's fine the way you have it.lol I was mainly wanting to know the range.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I know Flan's Mod has been around for a long time but I have never used it until now. I did realize how many content packs there were! I couldn't help myself and added the Modern Weapons Pack, because who doesn't want to carry around a med kit and kill mobs with a P-90:) I seen there is a Speeder from star wars in the pack Landstryder added:) I will be making that soon, but will most likely crash it into a wall first thing.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
I can't decide whether I like or dislike the poison effect...
Pro: It makes it really easy to tell if there's a hive nearby
Con: Silverfish could 1-shot you, potentially...

Maybe weakness or nausea, rather than poison, just because poison makes you vulnerable to... Well... Everything. (Actually, slowness would kind of make sense, since they are ROCK bees, and rocks are slow)

The bee quests are interesting. I haven't gotten a comb from harvesting any hives, so I had to make an apiary before I could make the bee home. Still waiting for the apiary to produce something so I can make the bee house, as it's quite slow (I've never personally used bees, or even forestry in general, before). It would probably be good if there was a minechem recipe for a basic honey comb (water, sugar, etc...)

It would be nice if there was a repeatable quest to be able to get extra princesses. The quest would obviously be expensive and only unlock a fair ways through the beekeeping line, but since most of the hives are hidden, it would (I'm assuming) help out for some of the gendustry stuff later on, where you can have so many different types of bees (and I'm dreading having to go on a hunt for rock hives.)

In other news, I've finally put together a big reactor. 4.2k RF/tick is a marked upgrade from the 400/tick I had previously, and is actually capable of charging a resonant cell in a reasonable amount of time, and thus keeping the digital miner running for an extended period of time. I probably have a few hours of digital mining left, after which I will expand my base and put everything in a more permanent place.

Tomorrow I'll try to get a picture of how my base is coming along.

About the millenaire villagers... How do you improve your standing in the village--Is it just coming to trade often? Also, will growing their village result in them selling stuff that I actually want/need? And do they count as "neutral mobs" in the eyes of the turrets? Because if so, I'm not sure if there's a way I can help defend them against pigmen.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
I can't decide whether I like or dislike the poison effect...
Pro: It makes it really easy to tell if there's a hive nearby
Con: Silverfish could 1-shot you, potentially...

Maybe weakness or nausea, rather than poison, just because poison makes you vulnerable to... Well... Everything. (Actually, slowness would kind of make sense, since they are ROCK bees, and rocks are slow)

The bee quests are interesting. I haven't gotten a comb from harvesting any hives, so I had to make an apiary before I could make the bee home. Still waiting for the apiary to produce something so I can make the bee house, as it's quite slow (I've never personally used bees, or even forestry in general, before). It would probably be good if there was a minechem recipe for a basic honey comb (water, sugar, etc...)

It would be nice if there was a repeatable quest to be able to get extra princesses. The quest would obviously be expensive and only unlock a fair ways through the beekeeping line, but since most of the hives are hidden, it would (I'm assuming) help out for some of the gendustry stuff later on, where you can have so many different types of bees (and I'm dreading having to go on a hunt for rock hives.)

In other news, I've finally put together a big reactor. 4.2k RF/tick is a marked upgrade from the 400/tick I had previously, and is actually capable of charging a resonant cell in a reasonable amount of time, and thus keeping the digital miner running for an extended period of time. I probably have a few hours of digital mining left, after which I will expand my base and put everything in a more permanent place.

Tomorrow I'll try to get a picture of how my base is coming along.

About the millenaire villagers... How do you improve your standing in the village--Is it just coming to trade often? Also, will growing their village result in them selling stuff that I actually want/need? And do they count as "neutral mobs" in the eyes of the turrets? Because if so, I'm not sure if there's a way I can help defend them against pigmen.
Yea could switch it to a different effect that might be the ticket.

I should give some honey combs for the initial finding quest then.

YAY, big reactors are fun, my reactor setup in Crash Landing produced 48k RF/tick at the end. I'm anxious to try out the Mekanism reactor cuz it's suppose to be able to make 400k+ per tick.

Hanging out in there village and trading with them will both raise your standing. There are some things that can only be gotten from trade, mainly decorative tho, the tools and armor are not going to be better than thing you can craft. Good question about the turrets... really need to find a way to prevent all mob spawning on dirt/grass.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Something I found while searching in new chunks for a water-bee-hive:
A chicken in the middle of a bunch of Pigmen. There was no grass or anything other but Obsidian near it, like the world just decided "there has to be a chicken, no matter what!"

Was the only one I encountered to far, just wanted to let you know, in case there is a slight bug somewhere about them not to be meant to spawn.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Something I found while searching in new chunks for a water-bee-hive:
A chicken in the middle of a bunch of Pigmen. There was no grass or anything other but Obsidian near it, like the world just decided "there has to be a chicken, no matter what!"

Was the only one I encountered to far, just wanted to let you know, in case there is a slight bug somewhere about them not to be meant to spawn.
It probably spawned a chicken-riding pigman, and the pigman despawned.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
It probably spawned a chicken-riding pigman, and the pigman despawned.

Thought about this as possibility. Since I didn't saw any chicken-riding-pigmen yet in my game, I thought however that they might be disabled. So just to be sure I posted this :)

And do they count as "neutral mobs" in the eyes of the turrets? Because if so, I'm not sure if there's a way I can help defend them against pigmen.

I just noticed, after switching my laser-turret on "Attack Neutral mobs: False", that it still attacks the pigmen whenever it can.
So I think the pigmen are counted as hostile mobs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brenn_

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Thought about this as possibility. Since I didn't saw any chicken-riding-pigmen yet in my game, I thought however that they might be disabled. So just to be sure I posted this :)

I just noticed, after switching my laser-turret on "Attack Neutral mobs: False", that it still attacks the pigmen whenever it can.
Yes the occasional chicken riding pigman and zombie will spawn and leave behind there mount when they despawn. Not worried about these chickens because they won't lay eggs.

That is great news, now as long as the turrets don't think that millenaire villagers are hostile everything should be fine.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, good. That is very nice.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Yes the occasional chicken riding pigman and zombie will spawn and leave behind there mount when they despawn. Not worried about these chickens because they won't lay eggs.

That is great news, now as long as the turrets don't think that millenaire villagers are hostile everything should be fine.

The best/WORST thing I've seen is Ghast picking up random mobs and dive bombing you. As for the jokey riding chickens I have seen them lay eggs before. In ReGrowth that is, I killed a baby zombie and then led the chicken to a pen and it started laying eggs a few days later. However that could have been a Botania thing, because it was also dropping feathers and I could breed it.