[1.7.10][Not HQM!] Colony [Tech][No Set World][Automation Focus][Spaaace]

JohnOC

Jul 29, 2019
I'm probably missing something stupid and simple.
I loaded my existing single player world after updating to the 1.1.0 version. I got a quest book from NEI. Right clicking with it gave me an error about hqm not being enabled, and told me to type /hqm quest.
Typing that command gives me an error about not having permission to use that command. Whether in survival or creative.

Sorren

Jul 29, 2019
Dloaded pack had HQM next day it updated and no more HQM. Deleted pack and dloaded again. Still no HQM I haz a sad

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm probably missing something stupid and simple.
I loaded my existing single player world after updating to the 1.1.0 version. I got a quest book from NEI. Right clicking with it gave me an error about hqm not being enabled, and told me to type /hqm quest.
Typing that command gives me an error about not having permission to use that command. Whether in survival or creative.
Argh. I can tell you that this isn't your fault... Questing mode should be on my default, but it doesn't seem like it is.
The worst part of this issue is that I can't recreate any other bugs locally because I can't access the stable build through the FTB Launcher (I can through my vanilla launcher, but that has a couple config changes for development).
I have a "hotfix" update currently pending which is just the same update re-uploaded. Hopefully that fixes most of the issues... If it doesn't, I'll ask a member of the third party team about the issue (not just for an update). :(
Dloaded pack had HQM next day it updated and no more HQM. Deleted pack and dloaded again. Still no HQM I haz a sad
This particular version of the issue makes me think that re-uploading the current version will help if it manages to force everyone to update.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Breaking News: update 1.1.0 is functional! Thanks to everyone who posted about the issue; the information was helpful. :)
Simply being on the "Recommended" version setting should be enough to update; but for those who aren't, you can select version 1.1.1 (the reason for the new number is that I had to re-submit it, requiring a new version. It should be identical to 1.1.0).
As for whether to start a new world: I, personally, will start a new world if I actually have time to play this pack. That's because the quests will be a little bit of a pain to accomplish once you've already progressed through them normal-style, and because you won't get RFTools Dimlets until you generate new dungeons (dungeon chests, really) in new terrain, which is too much work for me. Feel free to keep your current world, though; it isn't that bad. :p

In other news, be sure to tune in to @OpenWorldAddict's stream at 8:00 AM Pacific Time - he'll be streaming Colony for the first time! Thanks to him for being the first video-making-supporter of this pack. :D
Here's the link to his stream: http://www.twitch.tv/openworldaddict

Last edited:
Reactions: OpenWorldAddict

JohnOC

Jul 29, 2019
Discovered a workaround to enable HQM in an existing world where encountering permission error.
1. Hit ESC and click open to LAN
2. Toggle 'Allow Cheats' on
3. Start LAN server
4. /hqm quest now works, as player is now an op of the local server.

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
So I think I am ready for the debut of your modpack. I created a little intro video that tells the story of my character that I will play at the start of the stream. I also plan on roleplaying my character just a bit having those in chat as the people in mission control.

I also edited my music selection to be only space themed or high tech themed music.

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So I think I am ready for the debut of your modpack. I created a little intro video that tells the story of my character that I will play at the start of the stream. I also plan on roleplaying my character just a bit having those in chat as the people in mission control.

I also edited my music selection to be only space themed or high tech themed music.
I'm so ready for the stream. I've told everyone I know about it; hopefully you'll get lots of views. :D
You should post your story-vid on youtube as well.
I'm sure the new music will sound great - I'll check it out later; it's late where I am.

IMPORTANT: There are two known bugs, currently:
1. Mousing over the lava display in the Tinker's smeltery gui will crash your game. Be careful not to do that.
2. (MORE IMPORTANT) - the quest book isn't automatically added to your inventory when you spawn; you'll have to cheat it in, so make sure that your world has cheats on. Just go into creative and search "quest."

One more note:
A lot of the information in the pack is in the actual "lore" section of each quest. Looking at the requirements is generally enough to know what something is about, but if you don't know much about a particular topic I suggest that you read through the quest on it.
Hope your stream goes well! I'll be watching! :D

Reactions: OpenWorldAddict

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
in my test run, I had the quest book right away. I'll create the world and go into before the stream just to make sure everything is okay, but it worked before.

Oh, and I am not posting the story vid on Youtube because it will ruin the feeling of the start of the roleplay. The stream will be exported to Youtube afterwards.

(oh and I am currently watching Valsnoisytoys which i told you about.)

Kaktus Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
in my test run, I had the quest book right away. I'll create the world and go into before the stream just to make sure everything is okay, but it worked before.

Oh, and I am not posting the story vid on Youtube because it will ruin the feeling of the start of the roleplay. The stream will be exported to Youtube afterwards.

(oh and I am currently watching Valsnoisytoys which i told you about.)
Looking forward to your stream tommarow
What time does it start in central time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
8 am pacific time is 10 am central time.

Okay, this is annoying. Here is a countdown timer for the stream: Time and Date.com
I've found the event time announcer works beter for universal time conversion. It's a much simpler layout. We use it in werewolf games all the time to make the end of day time clear for everyone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...s+of+a+System+Explorer&iso=20150502T08&p1=770

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
could some way to easily make other types of stone be added? like basalt, marble, limestone, etc.
Hmmm... I'll look into that. It might just be a "shapeless craft a single cobble to get the next type" and then repeat thing. That's a good idea: for the builders, materials will be easier to get.
In the meantime, though, be aware that lots of those materials are really common. :p

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... I'll look into that. It might just be a "shapeless craft a single cobble to get the next type" and then repeat thing. That's a good idea: for the builders, materials will be easier to get.
In the meantime, though, be aware that lots of those materials are really common. :p
I know, i just think basalt is a little annoying to get because volcanoes are not the most common things in the world, and its the only one i can think of that isnt naturally underground.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I personally don't like those sort of cycling recipes. Makes no sense in the lore. You could potentially use like salt for limestone, bonemeal for marble, salt for limestone. Something that makes some sense in the lore. Because turning a piece of cobblestone directly into basalt makes absolutely no logical sense.

But that's just my opinion and I won't contest if you disagree. Just putting my thoughts out there.

Awerick11

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I seem to remember asking the same question.

By the way, the first Colony stream was a blast. I had fun, people watching had fun it was great. I can't wait until tomorrow.

Is it a bug with iguana that you have to pump in the lava from an eternal source? Into a smeltery.