[1.7.10][Not HQM!] Colony [Tech][No Set World][Automation Focus][Spaaace]

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it does. Check out the info for that on the wiki. In Colony, for example, I've actually add smeltery casting table recipes for the AE2 inscriber presses in the next update. :p
... Speaking of which, the update is ready, I just need to get confirmation from the authors of HQM to actually include it. :/
It might be a little longer before I can do that, as it looks like they haven't been active on their MC Forums thread for a while. If anyone (moderators?) knows where they're most active, I'll head there.
PM VSWE on this forum or try @Vswe see if he pops by to see who used his name in vain :), no wait I just did it...

Reactions: Type1Ninja

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
I've already started setting up my twitch channel for the start of next week's stream for the debut of this pack. Let me know of what you think of the changes made. I will also be changing my nightbot message commands and timers to reflect the change in modpack.

Green_Razor

Jul 29, 2019
So I just downloaded this modpack, and when I generate a world it is a normal world (no preset world locked in), which I'm not sure if that's how it is supposed to be or not. However, HQM is not even installed as a mod in this pack, which you said it is.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So I just downloaded this modpack, and when I generate a world it is a normal world (no preset world locked in), which I'm not sure if that's how it is supposed to be or not. However, HQM is not even installed as a mod in this pack, which you said it is.
Sorry about HQM, that update will be current within 24-72 hours (for sure this time; the files are ready and I have confirmation from the Third Party Pack Team that they'll get to it within that time frame). It'll hopefully be sooner rather than later. :p
As for the map: There is no preset. It is designed to be open-world. Set your own goals, going about life your own way; the over-arching theme of reaching the moon is not only extremely open-ended but also totally ignore-able, if that's what you want. When HQM gets in, it'll be as a gentle tutorial/guide/set-of-tips-formatted-as-quests, not as a rigid progression. There's three sections: Getting Started, which covers basic (basic basic basic) infrastructure; Continuing Your Journey, which is a quite large set of single quests and miniquestlines in no particular order, designed to show you various, small things you can do; and, finally, Spaaaaace! which is a guide to Colony's version of Galacticraft's progression (it has been reworked significantly to be much easier).

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
Even so, I am excited to have the quests around. I have a question. In the Feed the Beast Launcher, I believe that i can add mods to the modpack on the computer. I would like to add the Harder Peaeceful mode so that I can play on peaceful but yet still have to feed my character. Do you know if that mod would conflict with any of the mods in the pack? I also considering adding the peaceful pack.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Even so, I am excited to have the quests around. I have a question. In the Feed the Beast Launcher, I believe that i can add mods to the modpack on the computer. I would like to add the Harder Peaeceful mode so that I can play on peaceful but yet still have to feed my character. Do you know if that mod would conflict with any of the mods in the pack? I also considering adding the peaceful pack.
I don't know if that would conflict. Forge is pretty good at what it does; you shouldn't experience any difficulties. Report them here if you do, but there might not be anything I can do.
Just a note: If you want to add all the mods from a modpack (is that what the peaceful pack is?) you'll need to go into the mods folder and move the mods from there. You can't just say "add a pack" and have it work. :p

There should be some information out there about editing your pack, but I'll give you a quick description:
Download your mods of choice to someplace you can find them (i.e. your desktop, or a special temporary folder).
Open your FTB Launcher. Select the pack you want to edit (mine, in this case) and click edit modpack.
I don't remember exactly beyond here, but I think you'll want to look for a button that says "add mods."
Select the mod or mods that you want to add. One-at-a-time works for sure, but I haven't tested whether you can add mods in bulk.

Alternatively, you can find the directory of FTB (which is shown in the options tab of the launcher), find my pack's directory, and just drop your mods in the mods folder of that directory. :p

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
So, I gave the harder peaceful mod a go with the new updated pack. There doesn't seem to be any problems. This will make the series so much better, since with the harder peaceful mod, my character will get hungry while doing work, will need to consume food which gives food a purpose, as well as the need to build farms and ranches to ensure a good supply of food.

I have tried out some of the quests that you added. I like the quest progression, and you introduce things like Tinkers Constructs very well. I wish the quests had little more story to them though. i think that alot of people will be doing the quests, if only just for the rewards which make the early game kind of easier.

mickaboy72

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know. Frankly, I've never had any crashes like this that I wasn't immediately able to fix. I know that the key line in your log was this:
Line 142: ProjRed|Exploration{4.5.15.75} [ProjectRed-Exploration] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.15.75-World.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
All of the other mods get Pre-Initialized.

MrTJPCoreMod{1.0.5.12} [MrTJPCore] (MrTJPCore-1.7.10-1.0.5.12-universal.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored

I think the core mod for project red is getting an error and I don't know how to fix it.
Though I used past versions still it crashes (I removed other project red files for a while.)

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
As some of you have already noticed, v1.1.0 is out! Yay!
Here's the changelog:
(Some of the Mod Removals/Additions might Overlap with the transition from Beta, I forget to update my local mod list sometimes)
Updated all the things! Every mod is now at it’s latest version for 1.7.10 (for the most part)
Updated Forge to version 10.13.3.1358
Removed ObsidiPlates
Removed ComputerCraft
Removed Flatsigns
Removed It Fell From the Sky
Removed Picture-in-Picture
Removed Sync
Removed Particle Physics
Removed DrCyano’s Lootable Bodies
Added Aroma1997Core and Backup by Aroma1997
Added Gravity Gun and Portal Gun by iChun
Added Hardcore Questing Mode by Vswe, Newcastlegeek, and lorddusk
Added RFTools by McJty
Added Solar Flux by Nauktis
Added WR-CBE by ChickenBones
Changed Various Recipes and Configs
Added Getting Started, Continuing Your Journey (miscellaneous tips), and Spaaaaace (space program) questlines
Added Awesome New Splash image!
TL;DR: Removed a couple unused mods, added RFTools, Quests, and a bunch of other stuff you can read about in the quest book.
Also, @McJty, you should get RFTools onto the permissions spreadsheet. It'd be nice for convenience. :p

So, I gave the harder peaceful mod a go with the new updated pack. There doesn't seem to be any problems. This will make the series so much better, since with the harder peaceful mod, my character will get hungry while doing work, will need to consume food which gives food a purpose, as well as the need to build farms and ranches to ensure a good supply of food.

I have tried out some of the quests that you added. I like the quest progression, and you introduce things like Tinkers Constructs very well. I wish the quests had little more story to them though. i think that alot of people will be doing the quests, if only just for the rewards which make the early game kind of easier.
I'm glad Peaceful Pack worked for you! I'm looking forward to your stream! ^^
As for adding story: that might be fun - eventually. I'm still not done with all of my tutorial quests; I just wanted to release this update because it's fun. The tutorial quests are still planned and in the works. :p
I probably won't add any story for a while; that's a lot of work and part of the pack is making your own world and story. :)

I think the core mod for project red is getting an error and I don't know how to fix it.
Though I used past versions still it crashes (I removed other project red files for a while.)
Hail of Questions: You're using the latest version of the pack, right (1.1.0 or Recommended)? Have you added any other mods? Are you saying that it crashes with just MrTJPCore installed? Is that in the mods folder, or the mods/1.7.10 folder? Have you tried upgrading the coremod, or downgrading (looks like you have)?
The issue with this is that I can't recreate it. :(
Without that, I can't really look at it and diagnose it.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
As some of you have already noticed, v1.1.0 is out! Yay!
TL;DR: Removed a couple unused mods, added RFTools, Quests, and a bunch of other stuff you can read about in the quest book.
Also, @McJty, you should get RFTools onto the permissions spreadsheet. It'd be nice for convenience. :p

Isn't it already? I remember posting on that thread to request it being added. Perhaps it isn't updated?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't it already? I remember posting on that thread to request it being added. Perhaps it isn't updated?
Nope, hasn't been added (I just checked). The search function doesn't bring it up, and I can't find it right between RCDusts and Reactorcraft. :p
... At any rate, you can add my pack to the list of modpacks with your mod in it now. ^^
You should totally ask any youtube peoples you know to spotlight/Let's Play this pack. ;)

Reactions: McJty

martinMC

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for putting together a great pack, I'm so sick of the usual lets make it as hard as possible packs that seem to have become the norm.

A quick note about the new update, you removed Enhanced Portals but left the Minetweaker script, resulting in a couple of a error message start up.

Oh and why did you remove ComputerCraft ? If its because you consider it not very well balanced ,early game mining turtles and the lack of any power requirements I'm looking at you, would you consider adding OpenComputers instead ?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for putting together a great pack, I'm so sick of the usual lets make it as hard as possible packs that seem to have become the norm.

A quick note about the new update, you removed Enhanced Portals but left the Minetweaker script, resulting in a couple of a error message start up.

Oh and why did you remove ComputerCraft ? If its because you consider it not very well balanced ,early game mining turtles and the lack of any power requirements I'm looking at you, would you consider adding OpenComputers instead ?
I'm glad you like the "balance!" ;)
I have always felt that tech mods are a sandbox to be played in, not a challenge in survival in a set map with a set story. There's a place for those things, but I'm glad to have my pack as well.

That's odd about the minetweaker script. I'll look into it, but it doesn't affect gameplay, so it isn't *that* bad.

About ComputerCraft: I didn't at all think it was OP, but after trying one particular mod I think I've found something that is easier to use (and I try to avoid duplicate similar mods for lag reasons). Have you ever heard of Steve's Factory Manager? Look up DW20's Spotlight; it's easier than CC, so it's more accessible for more people. I may end up adding OpenComputers eventually - but that's a big maybe and a big eventually. :p

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION FOR EVERYONE:
There appears to have been some issue with the pack's upload, and I know that at least some people haven't gotten an update through their launcher, myself included.
I would like some information on who (if anyone) hasn't yet updated (you know you HAVE updated if you have RFTools, Gravity Gun, HQM, etc.). I would also like to know if the splash image on your launcher matches the image at the top of the OP. Thank you. :confused:

Last edited:

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
I have the new update. I had to go into the options menu and tell it to force update to the new version, it wouldn't do it on it's own, I believe if my memory serves me correctly.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I have the new update. I had to go into the options menu and tell it to force update to the new version, it wouldn't do it on it's own, I believe if my memory serves me correctly.
Thank you. I'll try that and maybe cancel the hot fix I tried to release.

In other news, I already have plans for the next update, including basic Tinker's and Electricity Quest-torials (quest tutorials? Get it?) RF Windmills, RF Drills, and Gany's End (for the player inventory block and Endium tools/armor, which have compatibility with Tinker's). There's a couple other mods, but they're addons and behind-the-scenes stuff, so they're not worth mentioning here. :p

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
I have posted my announcement for this weekend's livestream, the debut of this modpack on my channel. Note: I will try to export the streams to YouTube for other's to watch at a later time, but not all export attempts in the past have been successful, and I don't have enough room on my computer to record 4 hours of uninterrupted footage, as well as I am not able to stream to more than one site at a time. I hope that will be acceptable to you.
edit: i didn't want it to embed it, I just wanted to give you the live to it, but everytime I save it, it embeds the video.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I have posted my announcement for this weekend's livestream, the debut of this modpack on my channel. Note: I will try to export the streams to YouTube for other's to watch at a later time, but not all export attempts in the past have been successful, and I don't have enough room on my computer to record 4 hours of uninterrupted footage, as well as I am not able to stream to more than one site at a time. I hope that will be acceptable to you.
It's fine. Just record the exciting bits. ;)
I've also put a link to your twitch page and mentioned your schedule in the OP, I think.

Reactions: OpenWorldAddict

JohnOC

Jul 29, 2019
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION FOR EVERYONE:
There appears to have been some issue with the pack's upload, and I know that at least some people haven't gotten an update through their launcher, myself included.
I would like some information on who (if anyone) hasn't yet updated (you know you HAVE updated if you have RFTools, Gravity Gun, HQM, etc.). I would also like to know if the splash image on your launcher matches the image at the top of the OP. Thank you. :confused:

I launched and quit the launcher several times, and downloaded the update to the launcher and was still seeing the 'old' pack. Then I clicked the 'force update' button and launched, downloading the 1.0 pack again (no HQM when it ran.) After quitting minecraft and the FTB launcher once more, the 1.1.0 update is now visible in the launcher and the pack image has changed to match the one in the OP. Clicking launch on that prompted me to back up configs and saves for the new pack version, and the new mods are present now.