[1.7.10][Not HQM!] Colony [Tech][No Set World][Automation Focus][Spaaace]

mickaboy72

Jul 29, 2019
7Y6BFdB.png

I don't see a "project red exploration" at my mods folder.

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized what made tinker's construct tools so cool in other modpacks, and it doens't look you modpack has it. Can you add iguana's tweaks, which is addon mod for tinker's construct?

That mod gives your tools xp the more you use it making them better tools that they were originally, and fits in perfectly with your philosophy for this modpack, which by the it is a philosophy that I adore. So many times I have gone to make something and then realize.... 'this needs what?!!!'.

Some times i feel that mod authors just like ratcheting up the difficulty without though of balance. This is something that I applaud you for doing, and it even heightens my desire to play this pack even more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
N521Wg5.png

hi sir, I don't see "exploration" at their download page.
Is that the "world"?

[edit]
I got it now, the "world" is also exploration after I read at the bottom part.

and what is this line?
I don't know. Frankly, I've never had any crashes like this that I wasn't immediately able to fix. I know that the key line in your log was this:
Line 142: ProjRed|Exploration{4.5.15.75} [ProjectRed-Exploration] (ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.5.15.75-World.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
All of the other mods get Pre-Initialized.
I just realized what made tinker's construct tools so cool in other modpacks, and it doens't look you modpack has it. Can you add iguana's tweaks, which is addon mod for tinker's construct?

That mod gives your tools xp the more you use it making them better tools that they were originally, and fits in perfectly with your philosophy for this modpack, which by the it is a philosophy that I adore. So many times I have gone to make something and then realize.... 'this needs what?!!!'.

Some times i feel that mod authors just like ratcheting up the difficulty without though of balance. This is something that I applaud you for doing, and it even heightens my desire to play this pack even more.
What do you mean? If you mean pure aesthetics, you may want to try a resource pack, but I don't think that's what you are looking for.
By default, Iguana Tweaks adds a bunch of stuff that actually makes the pack really hard, if I recall correctly. I think it's possible to get the XP thing alone, but it would take a bit of work messing with the configs.
I'll look into that for the update after this coming one; there's a bunch of cool stuff I'm looking forward to including. The only questlines left are the guide to Weaponry and Tools and the introduction to Thermal Expansion. I also have to update all the mods, which will be an absolute pain, but also definitely worth it.

I'm glad you really like the philosophy! :D I like it too XD

Last edited:

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
Can I have your permission to use one of your splash images at the start of my spotlight video of this modpack and for the thumbnail for the video on YouTube? By the time you respond to this, I will most likely have the video already recorded. i will be waiting to edit it after i hear back from you for these permissions.

Reactions: egor66

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Can I have your permission to use one of your splash images at the start of my spotlight video of this modpack and for the thumbnail for the video on YouTube? By the time you respond to this, I will most likely have the video already recorded. i will be waiting to edit it after i hear back from you for these permissions.
Sure. Do you mean the new one I just now included, or the old one? Also, you may want to wait until tomorrow; that update I was talking about - I just submitted it, so it should be up soon. ^^
I decided to save the tutorials-for-people-who-have-never-seen-TiCon-or-TE quests until the next update. The Getting Started, Misc, and Spaaaaace questlines are all in. :D

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
OMG.... you are fast. You already updated. This means I can start my series on it. I've already have my livestream for this weekend planned and announcement, but I will start using your mod on the following weekend. I stream between 8 and 1 am pacific time on the weekend, However, due to planned events I am going to that schedule can change, but I release a livestream announcement for the following weekend every wednesday. If you want to follow it, you can find links to my YouTube and Twitch channels in my profile.

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
Sure. Do you mean the new one I just now included, or the old one? Also, you may want to wait until tomorrow; that update I was talking about - I just submitted it, so it should be up soon. ^^
I decided to save the tutorials-for-people-who-have-never-seen-TiCon-or-TE quests until the next update. The Getting Started, Misc, and Spaaaaace questlines are all in. :D
I have to record tonight because tomorrow morning I will be livestreaming, and then tomorrow evening taking care of some chores. It doesn't matter about the guide, I will be using creative mode to showcase all this pack has to offer. It is the best way I can come up with a quick modpack showcase video in such a short timeframe.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I have to record tonight because tomorrow morning I will be livestreaming, and then tomorrow evening taking care of some chores. It doesn't matter about the guide, I will be using creative mode to showcase all this pack has to offer. It is the best way I can come up with a quick modpack showcase video in such a short timeframe.
Ok. Just be sure to mention that there'll be an update tomorrow, including RFTools and a set of tutorial-quests. Also, can you give me the streaming time in central time?

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
8 am pacific time is 10 am central time. By the way, in case you didn't notice, I did say i will be starting your modpack on my streaming series next week, first weekend of May.

The reason is that I already announced this weekend as being a tekkit livestream. Besides, there are just a few more things that I want do in the world I already have before saying 'bye, bye' to tekkit and 'hello, world' to Colony.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
8 am pacific time is 10 am central time. By the way, in case you didn't notice, I did say i will be starting your modpack on my streaming series next week, first weekend of May.

The reason is that I already announced this weekend as being a tekkit livestream. Besides, there are just a few more things that I want do in the world I already have before saying 'bye, bye' to tekkit and 'hello, world' to Colony.
Awesome. I'll be sure to watch! :D

Reactions: egor66

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if you're still up, but I am uploading my video now. It will be viewable here: 'Feed the Beast Modpack Spotlight: Colony, by Type1Ninja'

Let me know you're twitch username. I feel it is customary and respectful for broadcasters such as myself to make modpack authors a moderator. It will let other viewers know that you are important, and you may be able to respond to any questions that come up during the streams. This is just a courtesy, that's all.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if you're still up, but I am uploading my video now. It will be viewable here: 'Feed the Beast Modpack Spotlight: Colony, by Type1Ninja'

Let me know you're twitch username. I feel it is customary and respectful for broadcasters such as myself to make modpack authors a moderator. It will let other viewers know that you are important, and you may be able to respond to any questions that come up during the streams. This is just a courtesy, that's all.
My username is type1ninja. :p
Also, do you want me to put the link to the vid into the OP under the videos section?

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
As far as the mc music, that caught me by surprise, because I though I turned it off entirely before I started recording. As far as the music I added by Kevin Macleoud, I tried my best to phase it out as I began talking, but Sony Vegas Movie Studio doesn't allow me exact control of how the audio fade outs are done. So, I apologize.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Does minetweaker allow changing of recipes that are machine/furnace based? I am currently using it to make some things more useful and balanced in a pack that i assembled myself, and was wondering if there was a way to allow that type of change.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Does minetweaker allow changing of recipes that are machine/furnace based? I am currently using it to make some things more useful and balanced in a pack that i assembled myself, and was wondering if there was a way to allow that type of change.
Yes, it does. Check out the info for that on the wiki. In Colony, for example, I've actually add smeltery casting table recipes for the AE2 inscriber presses in the next update. :p
... Speaking of which, the update is ready, I just need to get confirmation from the authors of HQM to actually include it. :/
It might be a little longer before I can do that, as it looks like they haven't been active on their MC Forums thread for a while. If anyone (moderators?) knows where they're most active, I'll head there.