[1.7.10][Not HQM!] Colony [Tech][No Set World][Automation Focus][Spaaace]

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... I'm not sure I'm able to fix the pictures; it would take a long time to find every one and re-photograph them. Luckily, once you've got the pack code, you shouldn't need to come back to the forum post(s) again. The pack itself is pretty much "Use RF (TE as center); check out all of the cool toys you have! Including the moon." The difficulty in terms of resource gathering is fairly low; the pack itself probably doesn't have much power in terms of boredom prevention. That's inherent to the nature of a sandbox-y pack; challenge yourself to automate the production certain stuff (like Florbs, or JetPlates).

Reactions: Master_Builder_800

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I've submitted Version 1.1.6 to the third party pack team. there's only one change that's really of note:
I made Draconic Evolution disabled by default. This is because of the addition of QuantumFlux, which adds invincibility armor in a way that fits more with the theme of the pack. This means that sometimes there will be minetweaker errors in the log if you keep DE disabled; this is normal but cannot be fixed.
Also, the Geko's Lasers server crash has been fixed, so people with servers can add that back when the update goes live.
The only other stuff I could possibly want to do with this pack are world gen dungeons and stuff, just for exploration, re-doing the HQM quests, and assigning Matter Overdrive Matter Values to everything. All of these are time consuming, and while they would add to the experience, I think that this pack is more or less good where it is.

The update will be up within 3 days. :)

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.1.6 is live! Yay!

Full Changelog:
Mod Additions:

Ender Tech by Drayshak
Quantum Flux by jotato
AE2 Stuff by bdew
McJtyLib by McJty
BdLib by bdew

Mod Updates:

Thermal Recycling
Geko’s Lasers (server crash is fixed; if you disabled it, you can now re-enable it)
Applied Energistics 2
Buildcraft
RFTools

Mod Removals:

Set Draconic Evolution to be disabled by default. This is because of the addition of QuantumFlux, which adds invincibility armor in a way that fits more with the theme of the pack. This means that sometimes there will be minetweaker errors in the log if you keep DE disabled; this is normal but cannot be fixed

Config/Script Changes:

Disabled matter calculation from recipes for items. This causes balance issues.
Increased speed of Matter Replicator by another 2x, to a total of 4x
Increased speed of Matter Decomposer to 4x
Buffed Passive Big Reactors from 0.5x to 0.75x
Buffed Turbines from Big Reactors from 0.75x back to the default 1x

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
4space is a really cool addon to galacticcraft, altough I guess if you want them to stay on the moon its not worth it.

jhxmt

Jul 29, 2019
I've really been enjoying playing this pack in singleplayer - it's just the right mix of tech mods for me (spent ages trying to find a tech-focussed pack that included RFTools that wasn't a catch-all pack like Infinity etc). :)

I'm wanting to introduce a friend of mine to the pack via a small (2 person) private server - but I'm running into some difficulties working out how best to do this. Are there some simple steps on how to set up a Colony server that I'm missing? I've set up servers for other packs, but usually following the idiot-proof "click button, get server" method. ;)

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I've really been enjoying playing this pack in singleplayer - it's just the right mix of tech mods for me (spent ages trying to find a tech-focussed pack that included RFTools that wasn't a catch-all pack like Infinity etc). :)

I'm wanting to introduce a friend of mine to the pack via a small (2 person) private server - but I'm running into some difficulties working out how best to do this. Are there some simple steps on how to set up a Colony server that I'm missing? I've set up servers for other packs, but usually following the idiot-proof "click button, get server" method. ;)
Yeah, I should probably set that up... XD
(assuming you're running this locally; you should be able to figure out how to work this on a rented server)
So, first you have to create a folder for the server. Then, download the correct forge version (which you can find on the main menu) for the pack off of their website. Run the installer, select "install server," and pick the folder you created as your directory. Once that's installed, copy and paste the mods, config, and scripts folders from your client installation - delete JourneyMap from the server, as leaving it in will cause a crash. Beyond that, it's just a matter of running the server to generate the rest of the files, configuring server.properties, and port forwarding/dropping that folder into your rent-y thingy. :)
If any of that was unclear, just ask. :p

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Are BC Robots disabled? If not, how do redstone boards work? I put them in my assembly table but it isnt doing anything

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I need to make a programming table apparently. I didnt see that in NEI but hey now i know.
And now I do too. :p
I like to think that I know *most* of the stuff in my pack, but I've never really touched BC robots. They're kinda like PneumaticCraft's drones or Thaumcraft's golems, right? Maybe a little more rigid/exact?

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
And now I do too. :p
I like to think that I know *most* of the stuff in my pack, but I've never really touched BC robots. They're kinda like PneumaticCraft's drones or Thaumcraft's golems, right? Maybe a little more rigid/exact?

Yea basically, but the way you program the location is what i still don't understand. The only resources i could find were either outdated/too far ahead (Direwolf20 only touched it in the latest forgecraft season to my knowledge). But yea they are essentially drones/golems/other small workers that have one task. Steps further are steps further anyway so it works out.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
I returned from the moon to be greeted by a blood moon, then went back to the moon to hide from the moon that made the night bad. Because that makes sense. Eventually i will move to the moon and never need to go to the overworld again (except maybe a few nonfarmable things if i can think of any).

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
I am sad to see HQM go. Been having some computer problems as well as working on a large number of project such as my own modpack, but I was planning on playing some more colony soon, and with HQM gone, that will have to wait. I can only learn big mods if they have in-game documentation. Watching a video of some one using the mod, or reading a guide for the mod doesn't help me when I get to it in-game. I learn best by doing, not reading or listening or watching, so the best way for me to learn a mod is to have some form of in-game written reference that I can use. Galacticraft which is a huge mod does not have any in-game reference, so I was hope to have hqm teach me the ropes in-game once i got there. So, i either will have to wait until hqm is returned to the pack or find another pack that teaches Galacticraft.