[1.7.10][Not HQM!] Colony [Tech][No Set World][Automation Focus][Spaaace]

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Look at my end of day tour, and you'll see what i am talking about.
Ah. I see your issue.
To get an ingot cast, you need to pour molten aluminum brass over it. See Might Smelting/NEI for how to get that. After that, pour the aluminum brass over your ingot/brick-shaped item (the iron ingot you have in there is fine), and you'll get an ingot cast. After that, you can just pour the iron into the ingot cast to get ingots. :p
Again, for the crashes, just avoid mousing over the lava display. The fix will be in the next update.

EDIT: You also don't need the corners or roof in the smeltery.
Be careful taking them out, though; if you go in the smeltery you'll take damage and put blood in it. :p

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I really like the idea behind this pack of being tech focused and "having fun building factories" idea. Could this pack be used to host a small server? If so how does one install such a server?

Thank you in advance.

Kaktus Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I really like the idea behind this pack of being tech focused and "having fun building factories" idea. Could this pack be used to host a small server? If so how does one install such a server?

Thank you in advance.

It is very easy to host this pack on a server assuming you know how to setup and run a server.
After imputing the pack code, there will be a button to download the server on the top bar.

Or follow this video:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you in advance.
This pack, is, in fact, designed for a small, locally-run server. There isn't a server download yet, as that would be a pain to update every time I update the pack, but the instructions are fairly easy and overlap a lot with vanilla instructions.
Here they are:
1. Create the folder for your sever directory
2. Download the server stuff for the forge version for the pack using the installer. I think the current version is .1358 - you can check that on the main menu. It'll change in the next update, unfortunately; just download the new version into a separate folder and swap out the server jars and libraries when that happens.
3. Copy the mods, configs, and scripts from your client's directory to your server directory. Make sure to REMOVE JOURNEYMAP, though - it'll prevent the server from running if left in.
4. All the rest is more or less like a vanilla server, including setting the EULA thingy to true.
Hope that helps! :D

EDIT: I saw your post before @Kaktus Gaming's. Note that the download server button doesn't work; you'll need to take the mods from your client. In particular, make sure to remove JourneyMap from your server's mods directory; it'll prevent the server from running if it's left in. This has driven me nuts many times. :p

Reactions: alphadeltablue

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome thank you very much for your help, I am now running the server. If anyone looking for a small whitelisted server to play this pack with. Feel free to PM me or check it's thread on my signature.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome thank you very much for your help, I am now running the server. If anyone looking for a small whitelisted server to play this pack with. Feel free to PM me or check it's thread on my signature.
Awesome. I might come on myself sometime. I'll post a link to your thingy in the OP when I get around to it, if you want. :)

Reactions: alphadeltablue

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome. I might come on myself sometime. I'll post a link to your thingy in the OP when I get around to it, if you want. :)

Nice and yes that would be great if you could. Thank you in advance, please be informed that it is whitelisted though so if you wish to join don't forget to drop me your IGN so I can add you to it if you wish to do so.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Time to start building....

Can I get on the server too?

Sure thing! You can check it out here http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/servers/colony-tech-and-automation-focused-3rd-party-pack.266/. Please feel free to PM me and then hopefully we can have fun together. Anyone is welcomed as long they complete the application that I have on there and comply with the few rules to ensure everyone can have fun (it's is not fun when someone destory something/beats someone mentally and etc).

OpenWorldAddict

Jul 29, 2019
How did you host your server Harvest? I am interested in creating a sci-fi roleplay 'Race to Space' server to use on my livestreams as well as including other some other streamers and viewers, but I haven't figured out how to host it. My computer is powerful enough to run a server, but I don't have a static ip, and I can't afford to rent a server. What are you using for your server. Some help would be appreciated, cause I really, Really, REALLY, want to do this.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
How did you host your server Harvest? I am interested in creating a sci-fi roleplay 'Race to Space' server to use on my livestreams as well as including other some other streamers and viewers, but I haven't figured out how to host it. My computer is powerful enough to run a server, but I don't have a static ip, and I can't afford to rent a server. What are you using for your server. Some help would be appreciated, cause I really, Really, REALLY, want to do this.

Hello, it's simply a rented service and I do provide this to anyone interested as well. But I haven't gotten much business so I decided "why don't I join the fun?" so I made a Minecraft server for myself. I hope maybe down the road I can be successful at generating revenue though.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, it's simply a rented service and I do provide this to anyone interested as well. But I haven't gotten much business so I decided "why don't I join the fun?" so I made a Minecraft server for myself. I hope maybe down the road I can be successful at generating revenue though.
I'll be sure to spread the word, especially over the summer when I have time. Perhaps @OpenWorldAddict could host his race to space on your server, perhaps even with regular competitions and teams. I know I'd enjoy that; this idea is one of the other defining ideas of this pack. I haven't been able to enact it myself because nobody else I know irl is really into mods enough to do this. :(
If the server gets big enough, it could even be the "official" server, which would be awesome. :)
Semi-Evil Idea: Pit the users of the pack (everyone else) against me, the author, and potentially a friend or two. I know the intended progression and every mod in the pack, but I would also have a severe numbers-disadvantage. :p