[1.7.10][Not HQM!] Colony [Tech][No Set World][Automation Focus][Spaaace]

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I love when configs are actually changed and catered to the pack instead of just dumped in there without thought. It makes the pack feel more like the authors creation than just throwing mods together and saying "here have a bunch of mods that you could have put together yourself but I did it for you".
Exactly. :D
Except for that I recently made a private pack for designed to allow experienced people to introduce mods to people with potatos for computers, which, consequently, has all of ~10 mods and exactly zero config changes. But, you know, different scenario. ;)
I'll probably publish it after I get some cover art for it, which may or may not be soon. :)

Reactions: Kaktus Gaming

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
There might be a mod with an oredict converter in it somewhere, idk if it would work with fluids but you know. The only mods i know with such things are MFR (which does items only i think), Mariculture, and Mekanism. No sense adding a mod just for that.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
There might be a mod with an oredict converter in it somewhere, idk if it would work with fluids but you know. The only mods i know with such things are MFR (which does items only i think), Mariculture, and Mekanism. No sense adding a mod just for that.

Actually MFR Unifer will do liquids as well. It was "popular" back in the biofuel and ethanol days. Because I think one of them was more "rewarding" before this was corrected in latter versions.

alphadeltablue

Jul 29, 2019
@Type1Ninja If you want help configuring Immersive Engineering, I can help. Also, did you know IE has IC2 and GregTech EU support? :D
Or any other mods you want to add in. After all, class ends this week!

Hmm.. Looks like I have a mod idea to add to my ideas sticky note.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Actually MFR Unifer will do liquids as well. It was "popular" back in the biofuel and ethanol days. Because I think one of them was more "rewarding" before this was corrected in latter versions.
The unifier should work. I'll have to test it later and see what happens.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
The unifier should work. I'll have to test it later and see what happens.
Awesome. Thanks for the info and testing, respectively. :D
If you end up being right, I'll put a note about it into the oil quest and add the unifier as a requirement.
@Type1Ninja If you want help configuring Immersive Engineering, I can help. Also, did you know IE has IC2 and GregTech EU support? :D
Or any other mods you want to add in. After all, class ends this week!

Hmm.. Looks like I have a mod idea to add to my ideas sticky note.
Hey, I haven't actually added it yet. :p
I won't be adding any other mods that add their own electricity systems, so don't get all excited about IC2. ;)

alphadeltablue

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome. Thanks for the info and testing, respectively. :D
If you end up being right, I'll put a note about it into the oil quest and add the unifier as a requirement.

Hey, I haven't actually added it yet. :p
I won't be adding any other mods that add their own electricity systems, so don't get all excited about IC2. ;)
Bbbbbbbut... :C

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I know have time in real life, so I'm going to begin updating Colony. One of the first things on my checklist is to fix all derpy Iguana Tweaks stuff - can I have a refresher on what the issues are?
I'd also like to know all opinions (including those I've already gotten) on various questions from the Feedback Thread, especially on whether to add any new mods. I'm leaning towards "yes," but I'm not sure. :p
It'd be great if someone could test the whole MFR Liquid Unifier thing for oil, but I'll do it myself if nobody else can do it. :)
Other than that, I'm curious as to whether Harvest's server still has active people on it.

Hopefully the update will be Soon(tm)! :D

EDIT: @Harvest88, depending on what I put in this update, the server's current world would probably be broken. :/

Last edited:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Well if I need to reset it then it won't be a problem, as for some reason most people are not joining as they are normally are..
Yeah. This next update has some new stuff, so perhaps people will come back for that. I'm really excited about Matter Overdrive, and I decided to throw in OpenModularTurrets as well. :)
EDIT: For clarification - the world itself would be fine, but any Minechem stuff would get removed from the world.

Last edited:

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. This next update has some new stuff, so perhaps people will come back for that. I'm really excited about Matter Overdrive, and I decided to throw in OpenModularTurrets as well. :)
EDIT: For clarification - the world itself would be fine, but any Minechem stuff would get removed from the world.

Yes I would agrees on that as people are usually looking for "new and better" things.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Would minechem stuff mean in world things, in chest things or both? It does mess with a certain thomas the morbidly efficient diamond generator regardless, so i guess we will need to fix that when the time comes

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Would minechem stuff mean in world things, in chest things or both? It does mess with a certain thomas the morbidly efficient diamond generator regardless, so i guess we will need to fix that when the time comes
Any stuff added by Minechem will be removed. The diamond gen will be borked, and all of our various chemicals will be destroyed. Maybe synthesize those into useful items before the update comes. :p
I am going to be streaming this today again. Is there any changes that I should be aware of?
Not yet; but don't build anything with Minechem, Carpenter's Blocks, or Extra Cells. If you don't now what those are, you'll be fine. :)

To Everyone: The update may or may not be out by the end of the week. The update is 75% done, but the last couple tasks are a little derpy to implement.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. I'm done with 1.1.4; is there anything in particular that anybody would like in the update before I package it and release it (once I do, it'll be public in ~3 days)? Bugfixes, features, tweaks... Anything you can think of. If I think it's worth it, I'll put it in. :)
A couple notes about the update:
The RFTools teleporters are now actually craftable with my recipe. Apparently, <ore:pearlEnder> isn't a thing. :confused:
I'm removing Carpenter's Blocks, Extra Cells, and Minechem. Don't build anything new with those; or if you have, try to dismantle it into parts not from those mods. Anything added by those mods (items, blocks, entities) will be deleted from your world the next time you load it after you update, and you won't be able to get them back. Be careful!
I'm removing Minechem because I've found a replacement for it which I like better; it adds some other awesome stuff as well which I'm really looking forward to trying out.
I also tweaked a couple quests and added a "Skip Basic Quests" option for people who know how to build a Tinker Tool and a Steam Dynamo. :) That'll be a nice shortcut for experienced players who just want to play through the pack.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. I'm done with 1.1.4; is there anything in particular that anybody would like in the update before I package it and release it (once I do, it'll be public in ~3 days)? Bugfixes, features, tweaks... Anything you can think of. If I think it's worth it, I'll put it in. :)
A couple notes about the update:
The RFTools teleporters are now actually craftable with my recipe. Apparently, <ore:pearlEnder> isn't a thing. :confused:
I'm removing Carpenter's Blocks, Extra Cells, and Minechem. Don't build anything new with those; or if you have, try to dismantle it into parts not from those mods. Anything added by those mods (items, blocks, entities) will be deleted from your world the next time you load it after you update, and you won't be able to get them back. Be careful!
I'm removing Minechem because I've found a replacement for it which I like better; it adds some other awesome stuff as well which I'm really looking forward to trying out.
I also tweaked a couple quests and added a "Skip Basic Quests" option for people who know how to build a Tinker Tool and a Steam Dynamo. :) That'll be a nice shortcut for experienced players who just want to play through the pack.
Sounds awesome.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
What is the minechem replacement? I would like to learn it if i have never heard of it and i am 99% sure it is not EE3 or Project E. Also, why is carpenters blocks being removed?

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
What is the minechem replacement? I would like to learn it if i have never heard of it and i am 99% sure it is not EE3 or Project E. Also, why is carpenters blocks being removed?
I recommend adding interstellar ores just for not needing to see normal stone in ores underground, and also maybe a way to double meteoric iron (you could probably just change the smelting recipe to do so, and you might have written it down when i asked on the server, if not now its fresh in your mind).