[1.7.10][Not HQM!] Colony [Tech][No Set World][Automation Focus][Spaaace]

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
I tried out another pack, and it worked just fine. I updated the pack, added fastcraft, turned off aroma backup (because I read that may have been the issue), and tried with a new world. None of that seems to have changed the CPU usage. It is still stuck at 250% usage.

I haven't gotten to try out the new update yet, sorry!
Try installing opis and see what is causing all the lag. But about the update im enjoying it.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I tried out another pack, and it worked just fine. I updated the pack, added fastcraft, turned off aroma backup (because I read that may have been the issue), and tried with a new world. None of that seems to have changed the CPU usage. It is still stuck at 250% usage.

Is this full system utilization or just the server taking up 2.5 threads of your CPU?? My server is on a E3 1240v3 and I am not even seeing a entire thread being used on it EXCEPT when you rocket up and back from GC (but we fixed it by using transporters).

Str8UpWHITE64

Jul 29, 2019
Is this full system utilization or just the server taking up 2.5 threads of your CPU?? My server is on a E3 1240v3 and I am not even seeing a entire thread being used on it EXCEPT when you rocket up and back from GC (but we fixed it by using transporters).
Haha, that would be full system utilization.
Try installing opis and see what is causing all the lag. But about the update im enjoying it.
I've never had to use opis and I have the interface up. What exactly am I looking for?

Edit: I have looked through the interface and nothing seems to be too high in anything. Still not sure what to look for though.

Last edited:

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, that would be full system utilization.

Okay go where ever your getting that stats and check out if there anything else going on in your system (and stop those excess processes if possible). If your running a client+server combo then it's expected that your computer to be quite high of loading both the server and your game at the same time. Another reason that your usage could be high that your using older hardware and the quality of the threads aren't that great (meaning your computer needs to use more of them as oppose of fewer as seen on higher quality CPUs). Finally if your are unable to offload this you may wish to consider looking at my hosting service to get yourself on quality hardware that are meant for these purposes as I am running on my own dedicated server with absolutely no problems (as I mentioned).

Str8UpWHITE64

Jul 29, 2019
Okay go where ever your getting that stats and check out if there anything else going on in your system (and stop those excess processes if possible). If your running a client+server combo then it's expected that your computer to be quite high of loading both the server and your game at the same time. Another reason that your usage could be high that your using older hardware and the quality of the threads aren't that great (meaning your computer needs to use more of them as oppose of fewer as seen on higher quality CPUs). Finally if your are unable to offload this you may wish to consider looking at my hosting service to get yourself on quality hardware that are meant for these purposes as I am running on my own dedicated server with absolutely no problems (as I mentioned).
I am running this on server on its own dedicated machine. The hardware is up to date, I can assure you that. Like I said, I can run any other mod pack just fine. And I apologize, that wasnt the full system usage, that was usage dedicated to the serverLaunchWrapper. The percent usage for the rest of the system is bellow 7%.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I am running this on server on its own dedicated machine. The hardware is up to date, I can assure you that. Like I said, I can run any other mod pack just fine. And I apologize, that wasnt the full system usage, that was usage dedicated to the serverLaunchWrapper. The percent usage for the rest of the system is bellow 7%.

Thank you very much for the detailed reply and not a problem about the utilization mistake. This is occurring on a freshly booted server with no one on?? If not could we have the stats for those type of things? You may want to see the server console as well to see if there anything going on there. Another possible problem is memory allocation (too much than needed can have horrible side effects), how much are you giving the Minecraft server itself?

Str8UpWHITE64

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much for the detailed reply and not a problem about the utilization mistake. This is occurring on a freshly booted server with no one on?? If not could we have the stats for those type of things? You may want to see the server console as well to see if there anything going on there. Another possible problem is memory allocation (too much than needed can have horrible side effects), how much are you giving the Minecraft server itself?
It is on a fresh world, nobody else on. CPU usage is the same with or without me on. I have 8gb of ram allocated to the server with a total of 16gb for the whole computer. RAM didn't seem to be an issue. When I checked it showed it was only using about 1.5gb of it, though if too much is a bad thing I can lower it.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
It is on a fresh world, nobody else on. CPU usage is the same with or without me on. I have 8gb of ram allocated to the server with a total of 16gb for the whole computer. RAM didn't seem to be an issue. When I checked it showed it was only using about 1.5gb of it, though if too much is a bad thing I can lower it.

THERE that possibly your problem, too many instances people thinks that "MORE RAM is MORE POWER!", the way java basically works that the lower the RAM the more efficiently it run provided the server have enough to run. Try to cut it down to 1.5GB-2GB and see if anything improves.

Str8UpWHITE64

Jul 29, 2019
THERE that possibly your problem, too many instances people thinks that "MORE RAM is MORE POWER!", the way java basically works that the lower the RAM the more efficiently it run provided the server have enough to run. Try to cut it down to 1.5GB-2GB and see if anything improves.
No improvement. The server is still running the same.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
No improvement. The server is still running the same.

What is wrong with your server?? I thought for sure it's was just a bunch of garbage collecting going on.. Did you try to reload a fresh world? Maybe it's just a corrupted world generated.. We will have to pretty much "trial and error" this through to figure out why your server have very off utilization..

Str8UpWHITE64

Jul 29, 2019
What is wrong with your server?? I thought for sure it's was just a bunch of garbage collecting going on.. Did you try to reload a fresh world? Maybe it's just a corrupted world generated.. We will have to pretty much "trial and error" this through to figure out why your server have very off utilization..
No luck with that either. I have tried creating many worlds. Now, we could try having you post a copy of your server folder, minus player data, EULA, and the world, and see if it runs efficiently on my machine.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
No luck with that either. I have tried creating many worlds. Now, we could try having you post a copy of your server folder, minus player data, EULA, and the world, and see if it runs efficiently on my machine.

Hmm yes that would serve perfectly then we can see if it your environment (software and/or hardware) or simply you got some weird corruption happened on your downloaded server contents.. Let me know if you wish for me to PM you with a link to the download of my server's contents minus those things.

Str8UpWHITE64

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm yes that would serve perfectly then we can see if it your environment (software and/or hardware) or simply you got some weird corruption happened on your downloaded server contents.. Let me know if you wish for me to PM you with a link to the download of my server's contents minus those things.
That would be grand.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Me and him were able to get it running with normalized usage! It may of been one of two things.
1. His mistaken configurations
and/or
2. Corrupted contents

At any rates he is now running his server on his desired world. :)

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Me and him were able to get it running with normalized usage! It may of been one of two things.
1. His mistaken configurations
and/or
2. Corrupted contents

At any rates he is now running his server on his desired world. :)
Glad you were more help than me :D. I don't run servers I break them and make someone else figure out how to sort out the mess I made :D.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you were more help than me :D. I don't run servers I break them and make someone else figure out how to sort out the mess I made :D.

Wasn't a problem! Also I do understand why most people have troubles running these things so that why I help when I can and also offer my own solution if anyone looking for a good host.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up, there's a *fairly* good chance that OpenModularTurrets will be removed in favor of Geko's Lasers in the next update. Feel free to continue using them, just be aware that they'll be removed soon.
Also, I'd really like for someone to get the Iguana Tweaks configs working - I somehow appear to have disabled all the fun stuff, while leaving the difficult stuff enabled. I'll take a look at it myself later. :(

EDIT: Bibliocraft and Gravity Gun will also be removed.

Last edited:

jjjjoe

Jul 29, 2019
So, what's up with the Rogue Androids? I've been playing for a few days on a small set of islands, and can see player name tags bopping about even though I'm in SSP. Eventually one of them gets close. So far I've killed a couple and they've dropped nothing. Right now one is outside my house hopping around like a zombie.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So, what's up with the Rogue Androids? I've been playing for a few days on a small set of islands, and can see player name tags bopping about even though I'm in SSP. Eventually one of them gets close. So far I've killed a couple and they've dropped nothing. Right now one is outside my house hopping around like a zombie.
They're from Matter Overdrive. They drop Android Parts as rare-ish drops, which can eventually be used to turn yourself into an android. Go check out Matter Overdrive for more info on that. :) I think you'll find that MO adds a bunch of other awesome stuff you'll want to make as well.