[1.7.10]Modular Mayhem

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
That happened alot for me. I inform myself alot about mods but most things you only learn just by using and testing them yourself. But of course videos still help to actually understand what block does what, which is not always clear in mods, heh.

Hang glider... I knew I forgot about something. Would have made a few ways down alot easier. Though I try not to fly/glide around too much. While walking for exploring I noticed alot of things I usually oversee when I use ways of flying around in modpacks.
Especially with Chromaticraft it's useful, since you stumble more over these burrows and things you need. And for long-range travelling I love the tardis.

I have set up the magneticraft ore-processing-line. I used a layout which I saw in pictures someone else used. It works really nice, even though you need alot of space for the grinders (since you need to get the ore 4 blocks up from the output, which takes some space with conveyer belts).
The oil processing sure takes a few ressources until you can make full use of it. But now my advanced generators run with the light oil or heavy oil, which seems quiet efficient for these generators. Only problem I see at the moment, is that I run the risk that my system gets stuck at some point when one of the three oil-products isn't used too much... so in worst case I set it up that I can use all three products to generate power from. With a lever-flip I can pump in an other type of fuel.
I might use the heavy oil for these combustion engines of magneticraft. Trying to use as much mod-related power systems as possible right now. (so not just using everything for making RF and use the RF->Joule block to run my magneticraft machines).

Essentialcraft... one of the mods I really want to start soon. If magneticraft wouldn't eat so much of my play time at the moment. Only saw it in a few lets plays yet and really loved it so far.
Chromaticraft has some powerful items, like the enchanter with which you can controll enchants and even get some you usually don't get normally (like Fortune V) and I think it has some baubles that gives you effects for no extra costs. Only problem of course is to first reach the point where you can actually craft and use them.
With the essential craft 3 baubles I sadly had not the luck to find one of these double-drops one yet. In my first map I ran from one essential craft dungeon-thing into another... this map hides them very well ^^"

The end... the one place I actually plan to reach for the first time ever in minecraft xD
Still a bit away from it, but for so long I hunt in ender forests for endermen and found three ender-lilies so far. Actually planning to use hydraulicraft soon to automate the ender lilies. Curious if I can set that up soon... so the end has to wait a bit longer, too many projects to follow at the moment *smirks*

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I find flight tends to be a bit of a crutch. I start using it and then I don't stop, even after it's taken some of the fun out of the game. But using the armor and the jump enhancement means I have to work my way up to being able to glide a long distance, so it doesn't feel as 'because I can' as full flight. Plus I tend to miss the high place I'm jumping to and then I fall down. I also use the Parachute instead of other methods of fall breaking.

I know I showed some pictures of my setup, but instead of trying to run up to the top of the machines, I actually used Refined Relocations wireless block extenders to run things into the inputs. I presume they'd work just fine with inserters.

I actually used a Railcraft steam boiler to power an advanced generator which ran on steam as starter power in my first world.

I really like some of the ideas in Hydraulicraft, but I can do most of the stuff easier with other mod options. On the other hand, it's one of the few farms that doesn't complain about Ender-lillies. And the Sawmill is pretty cool. It's a partially automatable microblock maker. (Partially because it can only do saw over item cuts automatically.)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
That tends to happen when you have explored a lot. Fairly harmless, just annoying. You can try reporting it to the Journey Map bug tracker and Fastcraft, as it looks to be an unwanted mod interaction.

reficulagi

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info. And I am liking your youtube series second season so far. I hope more episodes come out.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
As little bug report:
It seems the recipes for dye'ing rockwool are disabled, but you need them dye'd in some items needed for the powersuit-upgrades.

Unless there is a way to dye them which doesn't show in NEI (and don't follow the normal dye-recipes)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
That....would indeed appear to be a bug. And not something *I* did. Hmm. I'll investigate. For now, cheating would be the best way to solve that. Delete 1 dye plus 8 rockwool to get 8 of the proper color. I'll make that official at some point via Minetweaker if nothing else

As far as my YT series goes, I have twins. I'll make more content at some point, but I'm very busy for right now.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, the Powersuit I meant. Noticed it with the artificial muscles and this nitrogen cooling system.
The other modular armor I havn't played with yet - so expensive to craft - but once I finally get a better ressource-income I want to try it out. Hope the upgrades for it is not even more expensive than crafting it ^^"

And while searching for a chromaticraft-ocean-temple (which I finally found one! Only these deep-ground-burrows are missing... no luck yet with finding a rivine with one :( ) I found out: Matter Overdrive creates underwater-bases... which look really interessting.
That's when I love exploring, when I actually find stuff that I never found before :D

reficulagi

Jul 29, 2019
The other thing i noticed is on the latest version if i dont set -XX:+UseG1GC in the profile jvm arguments chromatic craft gives a warning about it, and when i do try and save it the next time i load the profile it is gone from the arugments

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
That argument has been there forever. Why it isn't saving I'm not sure, sounds like a problem with the launcher. The good news is, however, that argument won't be needed much longer. The next update to Chromaticraft will remove that requirement.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I guess the disabled recipe for the "Wood Cutting Core" of steve's carts 2 is a bug, too?

I slowly feel bad for doing the stuff which makes me run into such things, knowing you're busy otherwise at the moment. ^^"

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Is there anything that makes sprinting slower in this pack? I just noticed that there's no difference between walking and sprinting, although there is the faster footsteps sound when you sprint.

wnightmare

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for making such a nice pack Iskandar! Me and some friends started a pack and we are having a blast so far.

With that being said, does anyone have experience with frames from engeneer's toolbox? I cant use the track and elevator modules nor can i find documentation on them.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Track and elevator have to be triggered by redstone signals. So put a timer on the side, and the track will move when the timer pulses. Elevator does the same but goes up and down. Check the Engineer's Toolbox thread here on the forum and it'll have a link to manual to download. That'll tell you a lot about the various modules for Engineer's Toolbox.