[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
The new tinkers construct seems really buggy. I can't craft bows or crossbows (crashes the game), nor javelins or throwing knives (i put parts in but it refuses to craft).

I made a bow recently but it wouldn't craft with a Vulcanite Large Plate - Bone or Alumite worked fine though. So it seems to be somewhat restrictive in terms of materials you can use.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
I Love Love Love the minime lab and am hating the sand drive (must find secrets) but o soooo much to dig

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Darn, my questbook corrupted somehow right after completing Gaming On Caffeine. Now whenver I try to open the main questline, it simply crashes http://pastebin.com/7yazyymY
How do I fix that? I'm pretty good with McEdit and NBTEditor.

Ajnidehs

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a handful of spatial discs that don't contain any worlds. When I stick them in and press the button mobs start spawning down below but there are no structures or anything inside them.

- Amusement Park
- End Swirl
- Keeby's Idea Machine
- Redstone Meltdown
- Thermal Mining

Have these just not been added yet or is there something wrong here?

I also have several quests that I've completed and have claimed the reward but they still come up as being unclaimed. Clicking the claim reward button on them does nothing either.

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a handful of spatial discs that don't contain any worlds. When I stick them in and press the button mobs start spawning down below but there are no structures or anything inside them.

- Amusement Park
- End Swirl
- Keeby's Idea Machine
- Redstone Meltdown
- Thermal Mining

I also have several quests that I've completed and have claimed the reward but they still come up as being unclaimed. Clicking the claim reward button on them does nothing either.
you need to make sure you have the power to load the drives in the system if you don't have the power it will not load.

As far as the completed quests not showing completed that is an HQM bug that involves any quest that doesn't have a reputation tied to it.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the great pack parcel! I am enjoying it quite a lot.

I am now up to the lost in time quests, but the mobs in the spatial area are invisible, is this by design, do I need an item or potion?

edit: ok, restarting and dying a few times resolved it. I can now see what kills me :)

Last edited:

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019

- Amusement Park
- End Swirl
- Keeby's Idea Machine
- Redstone Meltdown
- Thermal Mining

They weren't in your currents version when you started the map. You can either not have them, or update your dimensions folder. Read the faq for that on the first post.

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone Meltdown is so far the worst chamber ever, even though fallen knights are totally broken at the moment I'm still having fun getting through the level, if I didn't have a ton of Ineffable Glass I don't think It'd be possible to survive for more than a few seconds

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Darn, my questbook corrupted somehow right after completing Gaming On Caffeine. Now whenver I try to open the main questline, it simply crashes http://pastebin.com/7yazyymY
How do I fix that? I'm pretty good with McEdit and NBTEditor.
HQM is very buggy, and there isn't much I can do about that. Try posting on the HQM issue tracker, and maybe they'll update the mod next year.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
There is an Anchor called "Spatial Incubator" that gives "Obstructed" message when I am attempting to tp to it - is it by design? PRetty sure I found all beginning lore bits yet it puzzles me

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
There is an Anchor called "Spatial Incubator" that gives "Obstructed" message when I am attempting to tp to it - is it by design? PRetty sure I found all beginning lore bits yet it puzzles me

That is at the bottom of the space where the stored rooms go when you load them, & that entire floor is covered in glass to prevent mob spawns when empty. When you work your way to the bottom of a spatial area, you can clear it to get back out, so you don't have to pillar or climb.

Reactions: mohrad

plovez3000

Jul 29, 2019
Imposible to use liquid yellorium, tinker construct dont want to deal with him. So a legendary reward with yellorium bedrockium drum dont have any use(

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Imposible to use liquid yellorium, tinker construct dont want to deal with him. So a legendary reward with yellorium bedrockium drum dont have any use(

I have never tested it, but I don't think it would work with tinkers construct. Try pumping directly in to a reactor?

It's intentional, you'll find out its use later.

jakimfett

Jul 29, 2019
@parcel31u I just made that tab change we talked about yesterday, the build is in Jenkins if you wanted to update Minechem. Should be stable, and it fixes a couple of bugs too.

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a lot of sand, tons of time, a lot of ineffable glass and a bucket of lava, there is a chest somewhere in Redstone Meltdown that contains 4 octuple compressed cookies

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
The chemical drums (carbon in this case) do not seem to work.. It can be pumped into the decomposer and fills the tank in the machine but the machine does not actually do anything with it. Considering the conversion rate of liquid chemicals (1 bucket = half of a charcoal) I'm not sure it is worth the trouble anyway. The bucket conversion ratios seem pretty off.