[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Great pack, love it, but there is something I would like to add.
The MineChem chemical synthesiser (the thing you use molecules and atomns in to make stuff) takes up infinite power and, if given enough, will even go in negative power. This can suck up your entire reactor and still not function correctly... Aside from this there appears to be a thing with redstone meltdown, but that may have already been patched...
It just holds a lot of power.

ZayneCK

Jul 29, 2019
Did you remove "WAILA-features-1.7.10-0.0.1.jar" from the server? I had this problem.

Now the server crashes and generates a report very soon after startup. I wont bother posting the crash report since, hopefully, a server instance will be out tonight. Thanks for your help though.

jakimfett

Jul 29, 2019
MineChem Crash? - Post on the issue tracker here after reading this.

And they will fix it, like they do with fussion reactor.
Thanks for posting the bugtracker links, the more bugs you guys report, the faster we can fix them...

I reported the bug on IRC, and it was fixed almost immediately. #547
...just like that!
(it was hilburn who actually fixed this one, tho...props to him for the fast response)

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, Parcel. First let me express my amazement at how much of a good job you are doing at designing modpacks that are both fun, challenging and makes you use mods outside of the "usual ones". Keep up the good job! Now, after the compliment comes the bitching :p There seems to be something broken with the mob scaling introduced in beta 7. Vanilla mobs are fine, but starting with Inclusion Chamber^4, i noticed the Fallen Knights were behaving very weirdly. On Normal difficulty, they hit for an average of 8-10 hearts with a full Vulcanite armor set and they move at an absolutely insane speed, like they are buffed by your super speed potions. There's no particle visible, like some random mobs get strength, speed, etc. On Easy they hit for half a heart with the same armor set. Haven't tried on Hard yet, getting 3-shotted on Normal seems violent enough for me :p Is this intended behavior or just a bug with Ender Zoo maybe? Also thanks for nerfing the Pokefennium(sp?) abit :p If i find more oddities, i will let you know.

Reactions: ShadowmanZ92

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
Oh also, keep the troll rewards coming, they are fun (but some people might get pissed big time). Just got 64 Basic reward bags out of a Legendary Bag...yeah...EPIC!!!

Solmorphic

Jul 29, 2019
The new tinkers construct seems really buggy. I can't craft bows or crossbows (crashes the game), nor javelins or throwing knives (i put parts in but it refuses to craft).

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, concerning Tinkers, shooting any bow (short or long) and hitting an enemy hard crashes the game. Apparently some methods changed and Iguana Tweaks is trying to skill up the bows but can't.

java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking entity
at iguanaman.iguanatweakstconstruct.leveling.LevelingLogic.addXP(LevelingLogic.java:144)
at iguanaman.iguanatweakstconstruct.leveling.handlers.LevelingEventHandler.onHurt(LevelingEventHandler.java:77)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_442_LevelingEventHandler_onHurt_LivingHurtEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onLivingHurt(ForgeHooks.java:291)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70665_d(EntityLivingBase.java:1127)
at net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.func_70097_a(EntityLivingBase.java:783)
at net.minecraft.entity.monster.EntityMob.func_70097_a(SourceFile:54)
at net.minecraft.entity.projectile.EntityArrow.func_70071_h_(SourceFile:270)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2070)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72866_a(WorldServer.java:648)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.java:2034)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:1887)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:489)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:636)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
But it went to negative power, Next time this happens ill supply a screenshot.

I can confirm this - here is one with 81 million RF in it - at -5%. Something is overflowing somewhere in the calculation of the percentages but it seems to be a display only issue - doesn't affect anything functional.

6xIZCB9.png

Reactions: DuckyTheDudeGuy

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
The new tinkers construct seems really buggy. I can't craft bows or crossbows (crashes the game), nor javelins or throwing knives (i put parts in but it refuses to craft).
My first impression is that you might be using Extra Tinker's (the mod that makes Metallurgy metals usable as Tinkers tool parts) and that might not be supported? Try crafting a bow/knife/any of the new weapon with only vanilla Tinkers items and see if it still crashes. Pretty sure i upgraded a Longbow with Cactus limbs and an alumite large plate and it was fine.

uwotm8

Jul 29, 2019
*Facepalm* I have somehow managed to, what I assume, is corrupt my spatial areas because when I try and load them they always load as a different area. I don't know much about this mod so I have absolutely no idea on how to fix it. I don't know if this issue is fixable or not, but any help is appreciated. (Btw, I haven't read many of these other posts so sorry in advance if this question has already been answered.)

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
*Facepalm* I have somehow managed to, what I assume, is corrupt my spatial areas because when I try and load them they always load as a different area. I don't know much about this mod so I have absolutely no idea on how to fix it. I don't know if this issue is fixable or not, but any help is appreciated. (Btw, I haven't read many of these other posts so sorry in advance if this question has already been answered.)

I'm not sure if you can fix them, but for future reference make sure you unload them before you load a new one. Basically before you take the disk out hit the button again to "unload" it. Then put the new disk in and hit the button again to load the new one.

Solmorphic

Jul 29, 2019

Do you have autosave (f6) on? Autosave backs up your whole world including all the dimensions so you should be able to restore from a backup.

Solmorphic

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone figured out how to claim the quest reward for the player interface quest? It says the quest is complete but clicking claim reward doesn't work.

Last edited:

DuckyTheDudeGuy

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm this - here is one with 81 million RF in it - at -5%. Something is overflowing somewhere in the calculation of the percentages but it seems to be a display only issue - doesn't affect anything functional.

6xIZCB9.png
Great, so I did not imagine it... Since i posted my "bug" I tried to replicate the bug but couldn't make it happen.

Flippo_Games

Jul 29, 2019
Hey!

I'm really digging the ModPack. Right now I'm smelting up a bunch of the poor ores, but it's rather tiresome to always have to manually get out the nuggets. I put a chest next to the Alloy Smelter and configured it to "PUSH" towards the chest. This is not working.

Is it supposed to be disabled? Or is it a bug?

Thanks in advance!

Ajnidehs

Jul 29, 2019
Also loving this modpack, it's a great game. I recently got a spatial disc called "Tinkers' Mining" or something like that in a reward bag. I figured it'd be like the Vanilla Mining one but with TInkers' ores. When I load it up though the entire area is empty; mobs spawn on the ground but there's no ores or anything.

I also ran into a bug where I was getting infinite carbon nanotubes from a single diamond nugget in the minechem machines. I shift-clicked a stack of diamond nuggets in and it consumed one but then just kept making nanotubes nonstop, even when I took out the diamonds and tried putting other items in. The only way I could stop it was to break the machine and place it back down again.

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Right now I'm smelting up a bunch of the poor ores, but it's rather tiresome to always have to manually get out the nuggets. I put a chest next to the Alloy Smelter and configured it to "PUSH" towards the chest. This is not working.!

I know using an item transfer node to get stuff out works because that is what I am using - I couldn't get the enderIO item conduits to pull stuff out of the mekhanism machines either - that is what I use for everything else pretty much.