[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Do u have to manually have to update spatial drives if you start a new game?

Well I was going to just go ahead and update them manually, but I can find this dimension folders you speak of. I know where they are in my save, but not the updated ones.

Last edited:

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
It definitely does. I'm findingadditional chests in early areas as compared to 0.6, and Parcel31u was updating some of the later ones on stream.

Crigox

Jul 29, 2019
It definitely does. I'm findingadditional chests in early areas as compared to 0.6, and Parcel31u was updating some of the later ones on stream.

Thank you very much for this answer. Maybe I'll upgrade the next days to 0.7

How much - compared to 0.6 - is added to the endgame? I had some time in the Nether Sphere and got pretty far with the quests/quest book. Btw. I'm pretty thankful not to restart every time again!

I've also noticed a Tweet from parcel31u, that you need a team.

What do you understand under "having a team"? When you got so many ideas left and only a little time, maybe you can talk to the community if they can help you out. You've gained so much popularity (e.g. on youtube, many (semi-)popular youtubers playing or tried to play it *shouts out to GenerikB*) and you've created one of a few modpacks which are already popular, maybe there are enough volunteers which would give you a hand or two.

captproton17

Jul 29, 2019
So much stuff has been added, that I prob have to restart over again. Lucky I haven't got that far, but at-least I know what is where. Now next time, not die where you know what to expect. Just when i had my cows to spawn. Oh well. Keep those updates coming, but not as fast as we want them, lol.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Do u have to manually have to update spatial drives if you start a new game?

Well I was going to just go ahead and update them manually, but I can find this dimension folders you speak of. I know where they are in my save, but not the updated ones.

If you update the pack through the launcher, then start a new game, you will have the new spatial areas. It is only when you want to keep your saved game that you have to update manually. There are some new things hidden in the main area so it may be worth starting over.

Crigox

Jul 29, 2019
If you update the pack through the launcher, then start a new game, you will have the new spatial areas. It is only when you want to keep your saved game that you have to update manually. There are some new things hidden in the main area so it may be worth starting over.

You should set-up a simple FAQ-extension with all your helping posts till now. I always appreciate your answers as you keep them simple and useful!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
You've gained so much popularity (e.g. on youtube, many (semi-)popular youtubers playing or tried to play it *shouts out to GenerikB*)

Even Eth0 started a series....

So much stuff has been added, that I prob have to restart over again. Lucky I haven't got that far, but at-least I know what is where. Now next time, not die where you know what to expect. Just when i had my cows to spawn. Oh well. Keep those updates coming, but not as fast as we want them, lol.

One nice trick to update that someone suggested on the stream minutes ago is storing all your stuff inside disks(just cheat a couple ones if needed and trash them after the upgrade), putting the disks inside a chest in one of the initial spacial area that you already cleared and then update the pack and all dimensions that you havent done yet and The End Dimension too. After the update, just pick the disks and 'restore' all your stuff.

Seeing what Parcel is doing to the lab, might be worth it...

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Even Eth0 started a series....

One nice trick to update that someone suggested on the stream minutes ago is storing all your stuff inside disks(just cheat a couple ones if needed and trash them after the upgrade), putting the disks inside a chest in one of the initial spacial area that you already cleared and then update the pack and all dimensions that you havent done yet and The End Dimension too. After the update, just pick the disks and 'restore' all your stuff.

Seeing what Parcel is doing to the lab, might be worth it...

What's This Lab you speak of?

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Added:
Jabba, Ironchest --> need more storage place, the starting ME Storage is not enough and the inscriber plates are given too late as quest reward.

Yea it is pretty rough starting out with AE2 in general now - not a simple task to make storage cells any more - once I get the stuff I need to do it. I don't have the plate yet. and once the drives start to fill you are left with double wooden chests for storage (it has been a while since I have had to use those in a mod pack). Iron chests would help a lot there.

The caches are great and cheap (much cheaper than upgraded barrels) and hold a massive amount of stuff - but the UI has some shortcomings. It doesn't tell you how much of anything you have... there is just a bar. So you might have 5 stacks or you might have 1 stack - it is hard to tell by looking at it. 50 stacks vs 1 stack you can tell by looking at the bar (assuming you are on a basic cache anyway - all I have ever made since 10,000 is enough of pretty much anything for me). The other issue with them is it just shows the icon for the item stored and you get nothing on mouseover either, so I have taken to storing Hydrogen/Carbon/Nitrogen/Oxygen in them and they all look identical - just have to remember which is which. Eventually they will go into AE when I can make storage cells.

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
With the .7 update minechem has become something nearly no-one will use regularly beyond very rarely to make 1-2 items for the quests and ignored the rest of the time due to the massively high energy costs now.

With current settings it takes 300,000 RF to make a single wheat and 3,000,000 rf to make a diamond.

It wouldn't be so bad if minechem synthesis were able to be automated but the mod makers haven't gotten that part working yet and having to stand there and wait for the power to refill after each item being made will make people not want to mess with it.

Yea I definitely noticed the crazy power requirements - but I guess it does give you a good reason to rework and upgrade the reactor and to upgrade your energy conduits. I just moved the rods that were already there into a much more efficient pattern and added another rod and cryotheum - making the reactor almost half the starting size - but it generates a ton more power in that configuration. Unfortunately it looks like you lose the fuel in a rod if you break it. Not sure if there is any way around that, but just moving half the rods in the reactor cost me about 100 yellorium.

devemouse

Jul 29, 2019
[BUG]
I don't know if it's ME or Tinkers bug but I get game crash after putting Feather Fletching, Sanguinite Tool Rod and Ceretus Quartz Arrowhead in Tool Station.
I just wanted more arrows ;)

BTW. Great idea for a modpack. Thanks parcel31u.

[EDIT]
Happened on ME^4 0.7.

glennox

Jul 29, 2019
How could i mine up the sky stone? I took the ignatius pickaxe but its not posible to mine skystone with it, there must be another way and i can't find it.. Would someone be so kind to give some advice on that?

Last edited:

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Yea I definitely noticed the crazy power requirements - but I guess it does give you a good reason to rework and upgrade the reactor and to upgrade your energy conduits. I just moved the rods that were already there into a much more efficient pattern and added another rod and cryotheum - making the reactor almost half the starting size - but it generates a ton more power in that configuration. Unfortunately it looks like you lose the fuel in a rod if you break it. Not sure if there is any way around that, but just moving half the rods in the reactor cost me about 100 yellorium.

If you click on one of the fuel ports, there is a button in the GUI to eject the fuel.

jayjay

Jul 29, 2019
has anyone esle had a prob with the enderquarry as it killed my server lucky i had a back up save n iv just tryed it in single player n it crashed that as well

Last edited:

Death_Rictus

Jul 29, 2019

It's kind of a pain, but you can right click a cache with a multimeter to get that information. I typically mount one on a drying rack in the same area as any caches I have.

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
How could i mine up the sky stone? I took the ignatius pickaxe but its not posible to mine skystone with it, there must be another way and i can't find it.. Would someone be so kind to give some advice on that?
There will be other picks later. If you don't have one that is of at least "mining level: Redstone" right now, leave that quest be and come back to it.

captproton17

Jul 29, 2019
What was parcel3u thinking ? I mean, I really like the Bags, for rewards. And some are very nice. Some are, let say, a troll. LOL But now in certain area of the Map, I see hidden blocks with Bags. In all parts. Why? Did he feel, like it was too hard. I getting so many rewards, that The AE system, has too much stuff. Now I need to look everything over, twice,just be sure there nothing I miss.