[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

captproton17

Jul 29, 2019
So, i've hit a stupid issue:

When first mining miners delight, i get all this Poor Iron Ore. Then i go to the observatory, but neither the Redstone Pulverizer or the Redstone Furnace will accept them.

Are the poor ores only to be smelted with a common stone furnace LIKE I AM A FRIGGING PEASANT!?!?

No, really, the recipe for Poor Ore smelting in the redstone furnace does show up in NEI, what is going on?

Thanks much.

You can put it into the alloy smelter,Ender IO..and you get only nuggets. basically you need 9 to make ingot.

Angani

Jul 29, 2019
I had a shortbow with first tool rod of bone, second of stone.
When trying to put a bone in the top slot of a tool forge to repair, it crashes the client completely.
Using a bone tool rod or bone meal works just fine.
--
Aside from that, this is an excellent map, and is causing me much panic on occasion.
I really like the graves, though. Takes away some of the worry of death.
Map seems much better than your first one, especially the home base.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
Are the poor ores only to be smelted with a common stone furnace LIKE I AM A FRIGGING PEASANT!?!?
No panic:) Take a deep breath and force yourself to smelt a couple of ingots. It is only begging, I guess you do not expect to get diamond blocks since very start, right?

jua2ja

Jul 29, 2019
I found a bag when i put a diamond into the chemical decomposer it generates infinite carbon nanotubes or at least 4 hundred because I broke the chemical decomposer to stop

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to make the hardened/reinforced/resonant machine frames? There is no recipe in NEI.

The recipes in NEI are correct just have the wrong text and all say (Basic). They are in the correct order though with basic being last one. Electrum gear for hardened, Signelum for Reinforced, Enerium for resonant.

This is either an issue in NEI or Thermal expansion but has been that way since TE came out for 1.7.10

Solmorphic

Jul 29, 2019
The recipes in NEI are correct just have the wrong text and all say (Basic). They are in the correct order though with basic being last one. Electrum gear for hardened, Signelum for Reinforced, Enerium for resonant.

This is either an issue in NEI or Thermal expansion but has been that way since TE came out for 1.7.10

I am not sure I understand. When I click on the hardened machine frame in NEI, no recipe is displayed at all. Plus, I tried to craft it using the invar + electrum gear recipe here and it didn't work.

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
I am not sure I understand. When I click on the hardened machine frame in NEI, no recipe is displayed at all. Plus, I tried to craft it using the invar + electrum gear recipe here and it didn't work.

You build the (basic) machine then use the machine in the center slot so you would have to upgrade each level substituting the machine in the place of the frame in the rescipies shown instead of building the final resonant version.

The Basic frame is the only frame you can build in the pack.

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
parcel31u:

Just to let you know that if the TE frames other than (Basic) care uncraftable that makes endertank components uncraftable since they all require the resonant frame.

Thunderblade

Jul 29, 2019
How are you intended to break Atlarus blocks? I had to resort to crafting (through no small feat) and using a matter cannon to break them.

Solmorphic

Jul 29, 2019
You build the (basic) machine then use the machine in the center slot so you would have to upgrade each level substituting the machine in the place of the frame in the rescipies shown instead of building the final resonant version.

The Basic frame is the only frame you can build in the pack.

Yes that recipe is exactly what I was trying. So I guess my next question is whether parcel set it up this way deliberately or if its a bug?

Solmorphic

Jul 29, 2019
Also, anyone got a compact machine to work? When I use the shrinking device I get teleported to another dimension, but no worldgen occurs. All I see is a lightblue background and I can't interact with anything.

Solmorphic

Jul 29, 2019
Also, anyone got a compact machine to work? When I use the shrinking device I get teleported to another dimension, but no worldgen occurs. All I see is a lightblue background and I can't interact with anything.

@parcel31u

I went into creative mode and tried all the different compact machines. They all seem to have the problem I mentioned above, no world gen occurs, you can't do anything except leave. I did this in a completely new world to rule out the possibility of the issue being caused by some problem with my current world.

I then loaded the same version of compact machines into minecraft (not ME^4) and confirmed that it works fine.

I did find one way to get the compact machine to worldgen correctly. Leave the game while you are inside the machine - when you enter the game again the machine walls will load. But then if you exit and re-enter, its busted again, so its not really a useful workaround.

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
@parcel31u

I went into creative mode and tried all the different compact machines. They all seem to have the problem I mentioned above, no world gen occurs, you can't do anything except leave. I did this in a completely new world to rule out the possibility of the issue being caused by some problem with my current world.

I then loaded the same version of compact machines into minecraft (not ME^4) and confirmed that it works fine.

I did find one way to get the compact machine to worldgen correctly. Leave the game while you are inside the machine - when you enter the game again the machine walls will load. But then if you exit and re-enter, its busted again, so its not really a useful workaround.

The same thing happens to the spectral world also where the world you travel to will not render so have to exit reload game.

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to decide what to do with my 1.92 million fences....

3 resonant caches full of fences do far all from reward bags. lol