[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
*Facepalm* I have somehow managed to, what I assume, is corrupt my spatial areas because when I try and load them they always load as a different area. I don't know much about this mod so I have absolutely no idea on how to fix it. I don't know if this issue is fixable or not, but any help is appreciated. (Btw, I haven't read many of these other posts so sorry in advance if this question has already been answered.)

Like others have said you have to push the button again to save the data back to the spatial drive before trying to load another area. I found this out the hard way on ME3. FunshineX in his series removed the item transfer pipes from under/behind the machine that move the drive back to the input slot from the output slot - having these pipes there makes it easier to corrupt your worlds because you are not sure if it saved or not. I haven't had a problem yet but I will be doing the same thing.

You can fix your corrupted spatial areas using the instructions in the opening post for upgrades - copying the areas from the template directory to your save game. Make a backup first. You will lose progress in any spatial areas and have to reclear them if you overwrite but it is probably worth it to fix the issue without having to reset all your progress.

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
So anybody get to the point yet where they need the inscriber press plate? I haven't seen a playthrough on youtube that is that far along and haven't been able to find it yet. I have been stuck on this for a week. When/where do I get it? It is kind of a drag to have a completely full ME system and not be able to do anything other than go back to double chests for a lot of stuff. I started back in 0.5 so I didn't get any extra storage cells (I saw in a video it looks like they start with a couple of those now). Any tips would be appreciated!

One thing I don't really care for in AE2 is a lot of stuff is gated behind the "go out and find this thing you can't craft somewhere in the world" and "wait a few IRL days for these crystals to grow" before you can even get started. Where the original AE you could always start on once you gathered all the resources you needed to build stuff and had a reliable constant power source.

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
Zuiko, all the AE presses are located in the Inclusion Chamber^4 area, which is the first area of the Lost in Time quest line.

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
Hey!

I'm really digging the ModPack. Right now I'm smelting up a bunch of the poor ores, but it's rather tiresome to always have to manually get out the nuggets. I put a chest next to the Alloy Smelter and configured it to "PUSH" towards the chest. This is not working.

Is it supposed to be disabled? Or is it a bug?

Thanks in advance!

Altho not a solution to your problem, i found that the best way to deal with the poor ores is slap auto-smelt on a pick and go crazy in Miner's Delight. Fortune works too, so you get more poor nuggets then you would smelting them in a machine. :)

JGrenier

Jul 29, 2019
Have a really simple question, I've received the SAND drive area and would like to know anyone else has taken the time to go through it yet. I've dug through almost the entire middle section from top to bottom using the torch trick and haven't found anything other than sand. Just want to know if it's worth my time to keep digging or if I should cut my losses, time wise, now? Thanks in advance for any info.

Biffa2001

Jul 29, 2019
Have a really simple question, I've received the SAND drive area and would like to know anyone else has taken the time to go through it yet. I've dug through almost the entire middle section from top to bottom using the torch trick and haven't found anything other than sand. Just want to know if it's worth my time to keep digging or if I should cut my losses, time wise, now? Thanks in advance for any info.

Try the edges ;-)

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in my playthrough with a friend, we managed to accidentally break the skeleton trophy, and I was trying to figure out how to get it cheated back in.

In creative mode and NEI, I can get a default trophy (a wolf I think), but I can't figure out how to get a skeleton. I know there has to be a way because it was obviously added to the map somehow. How is it done?

JGrenier

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in my playthrough with a friend, we managed to accidentally break the skeleton trophy, and I was trying to figure out how to get it cheated back in.

In creative mode and NEI, I can get a default trophy (a wolf I think), but I can't figure out how to get a skeleton. I know there has to be a way because it was obviously added to the map somehow. How is it done?
You can receive random trophies from mobs, I received one from zombies when I first entered an area and fought a load of zombies. So my guess would be the same for skeletons as well because when I mentioned it to Parcell I was told it was intentional so people could complete quests multiple ways without necessarily finding the trophies in the map.

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
You can receive random trophies from mobs, I received one from zombies when I first entered an area and fought a load of zombies. So my guess would be the same for skeletons as well because when I mentioned it to Parcell I was told it was intentional so people could complete quests multiple ways without necessarily finding the trophies in the map.
I'm still curious about how he got them into the map though, there has to be a way.

I'm absolutely loving this modpack, it's so much fun.

I went to make a sieve, thinking "oh great, here we go with grindy grindy grind," and then found out that it had no recipe, meaning that we are supposed to follow the quests for material. Booya, much better.

I'm sad about eating one of the triple compressed cookies I found, I needed that. Oh well, I'll get it back later.

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
Can you change the run speed of fallen knights in some config file? I've gone through this area (inclusion chamber^4) twice before and they were normal, now they are moving at light speed, the damage they do is fine but hitting them is barely possible

Edit, the run speed is off but with a little Erythropoietin and Epinephrine (along with a necrotic sword) I was able to stay alive and kill them fine

1977batman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still curious about how he got them into the map though, there has to be a way.
Pretty sure in gamemode 1 if you keep putting down the default trophy, it will randomly pick one trophy, and place it down. Not able to test at the moment, but I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Can you change the run speed of fallen knights in some config file? I've gone through this area (inclusion chamber^4) twice before and they were normal, now they are moving at light speed, the damage they do is fine but hitting them is barely possible

Edit, the run speed is off but with a little Erythropoietin and Epinephrine (along with a necrotic sword) I was able to stay alive and kill them fine

maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm absolutely loving this modpack, it's so much fun.

I went to make a sieve, thinking "oh great, here we go with grindy grindy grind," and then found out that it had no recipe, meaning that we are supposed to follow the quests for material. Booya, much better.

I'm sad about eating one of the triple compressed cookies I found, I needed that. Oh well, I'll get it back later.

I just place the creative trophy since it cycles through.

Try the edges ;-)

Suddenly, a wild Biffa has appeared ;o

Hey!

I'm really digging the ModPack. Right now I'm smelting up a bunch of the poor ores, but it's rather tiresome to always have to manually get out the nuggets. I put a chest next to the Alloy Smelter and configured it to "PUSH" towards the chest. This is not working.

Is it supposed to be disabled? Or is it a bug?

Thanks in advance!

Don't worry, I'll be removing the mod in the next update.

Any chance of adding in Waila Harvestability? Very handy mod when you've got a modpack with Tinker's and Iguana Tweaks. I've added it in manually and haven't noticed any issues.

If you've played the new update at all, I changed the configs for ITT so you can actually mine everything.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for posting the bugtracker links, the more bugs you guys report, the faster we can fix them...

...just like that!
(it was hilburn who actually fixed this one, tho...props to him for the fast response)

Suddenly, a wild @jakimfett

And I don't remeber what you wanted to change your element to, it would be nice if you could send it to me on here or as a message so I can refer back to it later, sorry XD

Has anyone figured out how to claim the quest reward for the player interface quest? It says the quest is complete but clicking claim reward doesn't work.

It's an HQM bug where there are no reps given, so I need to go in and fix that. Let me know if any of the other quests say that.

*Facepalm* I have somehow managed to, what I assume, is corrupt my spatial areas because when I try and load them they always load as a different area. I don't know much about this mod so I have absolutely no idea on how to fix it. I don't know if this issue is fixable or not, but any help is appreciated. (Btw, I haven't read many of these other posts so sorry in advance if this question has already been answered.)

Simple fix.

1. Look at what spatial area is loaded
  2. Put the spatial disc in for that area
  3. Press the button
  4. Take the drive out
  5. repeat
  6. ???
  7. Profit$$$$$$
The new tinkers construct seems really buggy. I can't craft bows or crossbows (crashes the game), nor javelins or throwing knives (i put parts in but it refuses to craft).

Yeah, there has been many updates since the initial beta release of the pack. Please post all bug reports for specific mods at their correct issue tracker. Or just complain to @boni that everything crashes lol

Hello, Parcel. First let me express my amazement at how much of a good job you are doing at designing modpacks that are both fun, challenging and makes you use mods outside of the "usual ones". Keep up the good job! Now, after the compliment comes the bitching :p There seems to be something broken with the mob scaling introduced in beta 7. Vanilla mobs are fine, but starting with Inclusion Chamber^4, i noticed the Fallen Knights were behaving very weirdly. On Normal difficulty, they hit for an average of 8-10 hearts with a full Vulcanite armor set and they move at an absolutely insane speed, like they are buffed by your super speed potions. There's no particle visible, like some random mobs get strength, speed, etc. On Easy they hit for half a heart with the same armor set. Haven't tried on Hard yet, getting 3-shotted on Normal seems violent enough for me :p Is this intended behavior or just a bug with Ender Zoo maybe? Also thanks for nerfing the Pokefennium(sp?) abit :p If i find more oddities, i will let you know.

I don't think I nerfed Pokefennium, maybe it's in a config somewhere that I missed? @boni

I would advise going heavily into chemistry to get buffs. I'll be adding more chemicals soon. It's also not intended for players to rush with vanilla swords and armor. Try using mod items combined with actually placing blocks to block off mobs and digging around.

flagada666

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply Parcel! Pokefennium used to be like 1000 durability for a pick head and 3x modifier on the handle in beta 6...which makes too good of a pick almost :p In beta 7, its like 500 durability and 1.5x handle modifier. As for the Fallen Knights, i did kill them with a fully upgraded The Ender and Empowered Dark Armor, i was just wondering if i was going insane or the difference between beta 6 and 7 was intentional, since you said Normal difficulty was supposed to be the same. :p

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla mobs are fine, but starting with Inclusion Chamber^4, i noticed the Fallen Knights were behaving very weirdly. On Normal difficulty, they hit for an average of 8-10 hearts with a full Vulcanite armor set and they move at an absolutely insane speed, like they are buffed by your super speed potions.

I think that the cursed earth is gives mobs that spawn in on it some kind of speed buff or something - not sure - but the tiny patches of cursed earth in the rotunda had a bunch of speed buffed mobs coming out of it too (though not as stupid fast as the fallen knights). And there is cursed earth all over the inclusion chamber^4. Anyone who got past this spatial area know if every area after this going to be filled with fallen knights or is that limited to this one? I have died so many times to those things.

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry, I'll be removing the mod in the next update.

What will become of the poor ores? Are they turning into normal ores? Or something else? I assume any nuggets of things that are not normally nuggetable (redstone, emeralds, etc) you have in your inventory will be gone after the update. I never had a problem with the poor ores - they are kind of neat filler I think. I just mined the ones that were in my way - except for emerald where that is pretty much the only (?) way to get them. Using a hammer to mine them isn't too bad either.