[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

plovez3000

Jul 29, 2019
The chemical drums (carbon in this case) do not seem to work.. It can be pumped into the decomposer and fills the tank in the machine but the machine does not actually do anything with it. Considering the conversion rate of liquid chemicals (1 bucket = half of a charcoal) I'm not sure it is worth the trouble anyway. The bucket conversion ratios seem pretty off.
How do you want to decompose carbon, to atoms)? You need to use fluid transposer to fill empty tubs.

I found a bug in Lost in Time, Pomegranate wool quest dont detect wool from Keebys Idea Machine because it have incorrect name "Pomegranate" only without wool.
Sorry for my bad english:(

Last edited:

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
First of all: BIG THX for your effort put in making this awesome map (loved ME^3 too btw).

I've got few questions - first 3 I'm just not sure if they are bugs or its by design to make automation harder.

1) I can't automate pulling from chemical synthesizer. Tried item conduits and item transfer nodes. I'm pretty sure I used nodes in me^3 for that and it worked.

2) I also can't automate pulling items from cache. I've got a resonant cache full of fences so I came up with an idea to convert it to sh.t ton of carbon ( more nanotubes is always good ). Tried hoppers, item nodes and conduits and it acts in weird way - if I manually take ONE item out then 63 more will be pulled automatically (via hopper or node or conduit) and then it stops.. until I take one more item manually.

3) ender io machines don't want to push items to adjacent inventories (pull mode is OK I think)

4) poor ores work only in alloy smelter but I guess it doesn't matter since you already said that you want to remove this mod from the pack

5) Am I missing something or getting emeralds is nearly impossible? (just started 'lost in time' quest line). With poor ores gone I don't see any SANE way to get them.. Ofc you can synthesize them but cmon 15M RF per ONE?? not to mention quite rare ingredients

6) why so many MiniMes? I already got my reflection pool full of them and they just keep coming from reward bags. Is there any use for them or it's just a troll reward ?

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
First of all: BIG THX for your effort put in making this awesome map (loved ME^3 too btw).

I've got few questions - first 3 I'm just not sure if they are bugs or its by design to make automation harder.

1) I can't automate pulling from chemical synthesizer. Tried item conduits and item transfer nodes. I'm pretty sure I used nodes in me^3 for that and it worked.

2) I also can't automate pulling items from cache. I've got a resonant cache full of fences so I came up with an idea to convert it to sh.t ton of carbon ( more nanotubes is always good ). Tried hoppers, item nodes and conduits and it acts in weird way - if I manually take ONE item out then 63 more will be pulled automatically (via hopper or node or conduit) and then it stops.. until I take one more item manually.

3) ender io machines don't want to push items to adjacent inventories (pull mode is OK I think)

4) poor ores work only in alloy smelter but I guess it doesn't matter since you already said that you want to remove this mod from the pack

5) Am I missing something or getting emeralds is nearly impossible? (just started 'lost in time' quest line). With poor ores gone I don't see any SANE way to get them.. Ofc you can synthesize them but cmon 15M RF per ONE?? not to mention quite rare ingredients

6) why so many MiniMes? I already got my reflection pool full of them and they just keep coming from reward bags. Is there any use for them or it's just a troll reward ?

1) Kinda annoying but we can work with it

2) thats why i pull stuff out of caches and put into ae inorder with a drive designated to that item inorder to automate

3) i didnt notice an issue will double check in my world

4) Parcel already addressed this

5) Villager smeltery anyone?

6) Just wait till you get the minime lab all will be right with the world ;p

plovez3000

Jul 29, 2019

1) you need to put item conduit from below chemical synthesizer

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
1) you need to put item conduit from below chemical synthesizer
1) thx plovez. I admit I didn't try this because it seemed SOOO counter-intuitive looking at gui. I was sure it has to be from sides... my bad. (btw am I going crazy or in me^3 u could pull from sides?)

2) what do you mean by "i pull stuff out of caches and put into ae"? how?? you mean ae import bus works or.. ? (don't have ae infrastructure yet but it'd be good to know)

3) checked once again to be absolutely sure. tested on alloy smelter and farming station - in push/pull mode they only pull items and doesn't push anything. ofc u can use conduits as a workaround but... it's a bug, isn't it?

5) youuuu bastard... poor villagers. Yea.. but seriously I totally forgot that I got villager eggs some time ago.

6) ok.. thx for info :)

jakimfett

Jul 29, 2019
1) thx plovez. I admit I didn't try this because it seemed SOOO counter-intuitive looking at gui. I was sure it has to be from sides... my bad. (btw am I going crazy or in me^3 u could pull from sides?)
The automation/piping code was completely rewritten for 1.7.10, that's why you could pull from any side then, but not now.

plovez3000

Jul 29, 2019
I just make some tests with cache and it work for me, i can pull and push items, and also i can make a autocrafting system using 9 caches,1 crafting table and 1 transfer node with world interaction upgrade...

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
i just tested myself able to pull stuff from caches no problem with transfer node ender pipes and ae all work for me

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I'm back to the point of having to get deeper in the EnderIO tech tree & get going on the minechem.

I know the default recipe for fertilized earth was more than a little cheap for how useful it is in the pack, but every time I look at the octadic capacitor recipe I want to kill something & rage quit.

So far I've stumbled across just under a stack of item buffers, but only 2 with trophies. Since they aren't craftable, I cheated 1 in just so I could repaint them so they stack & I can see them where I'm using them.

Between the 2 4k drives & the handful of storage busses, there seems to be enough ME storage to make it through Lost in Space without undue stress. Definitely worth having to start over.

You don't have a place to put the puppies, so I put a couple of item frames on the victory monument.

I really miss those 4 blocks of enderium you took away in the update.

Also, filing cabinets work great for potions & minechem (1 for elements, 1 for compounds).

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
I just make some tests with cache and it work for me, i can pull and push items, and also i can make a autocrafting system using 9 caches,1 crafting table and 1 transfer node with world interaction upgrade...

i just tested myself able to pull stuff from caches no problem with transfer node ender pipes and ae all work for me

Well.. I must be crazy then.. cause what I can see is the same exact behavior each and every time I test this.

Just tested again with resonant cache, basic cache and item node. Tested each side except for front one where red bar is.
It pulls 64items then just stops waiting for god knows what.
Starts again when I put sth into the cache or take out. For example when I shift-click to take 1 item it pulls remaining 63... and stops again.

Get into the right spatial area & you'll be drowning in villagers.

I was about to ask how did u get villagers. I had 2 villager eggs and was all happy thinking I will just breed them but I just cant. is it turned off or sth?

plovez3000

Jul 29, 2019
Well.. I must be crazy then.. cause what I can see is the same exact behavior each and every time I test this.

Just tested again with resonant cache, basic cache and item node. Tested each side except for front one where red bar is.
It pulls 64items then just stops waiting for god knows what.
Starts again when I put sth into the cache or take out. For example when I shift-click to take 1 item it pulls remaining 63... and stops again.

I was about to ask how did u get villagers. I had 2 villager eggs and was all happy thinking I will just breed them but I just cant. is it turned off or sth?[/QUOTES

Ausement Park disc from Comunity Spatial Area contains tons of villager spawners, you just need some coockies to unlock it)

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Can anybody point me to some wiki or something about the ancient tree mod? My google fu has abandoned me, can't find anything about it.

KarBoy2314PL

Jul 29, 2019
In version 0.7.0 i cant create a world, im crashing with Updating Screen Events. So i checked the files of ME4 and what happend is there are no overworld files in the template. If you are confused with what ive said compare the template on 0.6.0 to 0.7.0. In 0.7.0 there are only folders called i.e. DIMxyz . Hope that made sense.

Last edited:

Epicycle

Jul 29, 2019
Be careful with the ender quarry.
Setting it up in Miners Delight will crash the world (i guess it doesnt like poor ores).
Leaving it in a drive and removing that drive will also crash the world.

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
Ausement Park disc from Comunity Spatial Area contains tons of villager spawners, you just need some coockies to unlock it)

"some cookies" - good one :D u mean like 60.000 of them.
btw how you guys deal with this whole cookie mass-production?
Is there a way to automate (farm) cocoa beans (I never actually had to automate cocoa, so I have no idea what (if anything) works) ?
or maybe you just synthesize them? (if so, how do u get N? arrows? or is there a better source?)
ooor maybe you kill mobs and get those cookies from repeatable quest rewards?

edit: ok nvm that. I just realized that there is almost no cooldown on wither kill quest (is it a bug btw? tooltip says 4h cooldown but it resets in maybe 20ish seconds)... soo cookie problem solved however I'd still like to know if u can fully automate cocoa farm somehow?

Last edited:

Asnan747

Jul 29, 2019
I cant find the Infusion Chamber in the cheast under the observatorium, and i cant keep going, any solution tips?