[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

plovez3000

Jul 29, 2019
"some cookies" - good one :D u mean like 60.000 of them.
btw how you guys deal with this whole cookie mass-production?
Is there a way to automate (farm) cocoa beans (I never actually had to automate cocoa, so I have no idea what (if anything) works) ?
or maybe you just synthesize them? (if so, how do u get N? arrows? or is there a better source?)
ooor maybe you kill mobs and get those cookies from repeatable quest rewards?

edit: ok nvm that. I just realized that there is almost no cooldown on wither kill quest (is it a bug btw? tooltip says 4h cooldown but it resets in maybe 20ish seconds)... soo cookie problem solved however I'd still like to know if u can fully automate cocoa farm somehow?

The best way is using fussion reactor and Red Matter(500), 1 red matter give you 256 theobromine, also you can use Condensed Matter(125) but this only give you 40 theobromine. For fully automate this process im using 3 fussion reactors( and crazy amounts of power 45Mrf for 1 Red Matter( wither mobofarm and Nether star generatorX64).
The easiest way is to use autonomus activator with aim level high, but this does not work.

Last edited:

JGrenier

Jul 29, 2019
I cant find the Infusion Chamber in the cheast under the observatorium, and i cant keep going, any solution tips?
That's because it was only in the chest under the observatorium during the early phase of the pack it has since been moved into the Spatial IO Area within the ME system.

JGrenier

Jul 29, 2019
#Parcel31u - Not sure if this has been addressed yet with the upcoming new version or not but I noticed today while playing 0.7.0 ver. that there is a slight upside down aspect to the carbon nanotube conversion when it comes to using Diamonds. For 1 diamond you get 3 Nanotube's however, if you take that same diamond change it to nuggets you get 9 Nanotube's respectively. However if you put the nugget in the Chemical Decomposer the decomposer goes nuts and multiplies that one nugget into unlimited nanotubes until you physically break the decomposer and replace it down to stop it.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
#Parcel31u - Not sure if this has been addressed yet with the upcoming new version or not but I noticed today while playing 0.7.0 ver. that there is a slight upside down aspect to the carbon nanotube conversion when it comes to using Diamonds. For 1 diamond you get 3 Nanotube's however, if you take that same diamond change it to nuggets you get 9 Nanotube's respectively. However if you put the nugget in the Chemical Decomposer the decomposer goes nuts and multiplies that one nugget into unlimited nanotubes until you physically break the decomposer and replace it down to stop it.
Read the faq

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
"some cookies" - good one :D u mean like 60.000 of them.
btw how you guys deal with this whole cookie mass-production?
Is there a way to automate (farm) cocoa beans (I never actually had to automate cocoa, so I have no idea what (if anything) works) ?
or maybe you just synthesize them? (if so, how do u get N? arrows? or is there a better source?)
ooor maybe you kill mobs and get those cookies from repeatable quest rewards?

I use the 2 dispensers & a sticky piston semi-auto farm, then have a stack of crafters set up to make & compress them.

I haven't found anything that can plant the beans for you, so for full auto you'd have to use minechem. Feathers give H2O & N, & chickens shed feathers. Pen up a bunch of wild chickens for just feathers, or domesticate them if you want eggs, too.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
I was tried to read all 22 pages, but forgot my own question.

Any lead source in pack? I can't found any lead for "Leadstone energy Cell Frame"

Sorry for my english

jakimfett

Jul 29, 2019
I apologize for that, I did read the FAQ however I didn't think of this aspect as a crash because the system doesn't crash it keeps running, at least on my system it doesn't crash.
Go ahead and report it, we want people to report all bugs and all crashes.

JGrenier

Jul 29, 2019
Go ahead and report it, we want people to report all bugs and all crashes.
Thank you for this, I checked for the bug and it's already been taken care of, just didn't realize there was an actual location for reporting the minechem bugs in particular.

ShadowmanZ92

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is a bug trying to pick up molten Adamantite in Nether Sphere^4 using a bucket from vanilla Minecraft. It seems to have just deleted them.

jakimfett

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for this, I checked for the bug and it's already been taken care of, just didn't realize there was an actual location for reporting the minechem bugs in particular.
Yup, I watch the bugtracker on github, or you can ping me on IRC (esper.net, channel #minechem).

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
How do you want to decompose carbon, to atoms)? You need to use fluid transposer to fill empty tubs.

Well it can decompose a bucket of "carbon" and the machine has a tank on it. So presumably it should be able to decompose the same carbon from the tank.

It is definitely not worth the energy to fill and decompose and synthesize and recraft the iron into buckets hundreds of times for the paltry amount of resources contained in a drum. An entire drum (256k mb) of carbon is the equiv of only 2 stacks of charcoal. To break down and remake the buckets to process that drum you are talking about more than half a billion RF - just to get 128 charcoal worth of carbon out. It seems like a bug in minechem that the tank is not working - unless you have to do something else I am missing. And there is also the issue of whether the liquid chemicals are balanced at 1000mb = 4 atoms - I assume that is a pack balance/config setting somewhere. I would say if is pretty far off from being worthwhile - might as well just put any chemical liquid rewards in the trash can at that point. Of course maybe it is a troll reward and that is the intention - not sure about that.

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
I just got my Inclusion Chamber^4... and I have only one question:
WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU PARCEL?!... That is just cruel..
It's like "IF you are lucky then MAYBE, just MAYBE, you will see what killed you" .. daaamn..

I need a bigger gun.. and armor...

To anyone who already done that - what kind of weapon/armor/enchants are we talking about here? Is it even possible to fight that things or you just wall up with this fancy glass and push slowly?

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
I just got my Inclusion Chamber^4... and I have only one question:
WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU PARCEL?!... That is just cruel..
It's like "IF you are lucky then MAYBE, just MAYBE, you will see what killed you" .. daaamn..

I need a bigger gun.. and armor...

To anyone who already done that - what kind of weapon/armor/enchants are we talking about here? Is it even possible to fight that things or you just wall up with this fancy glass and push slowly?

I walled up with the glass, did suicide torch runs and used lava/water to push fallen knights away, I like the play style personally, I'm sure if you had Dark Steel armor with The Nether (lifesteal VII/upgraded for more damage/better parts) you could face tank a lot of the stuff (maybe) but some of these chambers are hard as balls, way more mobs (armored/enchanted to hell gear) spawn now and in larger numbers then in the last version and its great

Wait till you do Redstone Meltdown or one I just started Keeby's Idea Machine...so many mobs

Edit, or one of the later chambers, endless Carmot armored zombies, their swords have stuff like Fire Aspect V, Sharpness V, Knockback V, their armor has Protection V etc, bows are useless against them due to Flim Flam V? I think...I have about 10 double chests loaded with armor they dropped, it has been about 10 minutes and

Edit2...
By the way Parcel, there might be an issue with Keeby's Idea Machine...I was fighting the mobs at the start near the glass just leveling a new sword when I noticed the FPS dropping, I checked F3 and there were thousands of entities, I closed and reloaded the game and the FPS was normal (as were the # of entities) but as the entities climbed the FPS started tanking, after 5 minutes it was over 1000 entities (2,000 after 8-10 minutes), I'm guessing 99% of them are dire wolfs

Last edited:

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to point out that none of the Metalurgy material shuriken can actually be crafted due to the parts not being able to be crafted in either part builder or on casting table die to the parts not existing.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I've been working on finishing the more complicated quests before entering the nether sphere. Bio-alchemy looks like the last 1 I can do before getting into new areas. For my own sanity I'm going to tweak the minechem configs so that radioactives won't decompose while they are in the fusion reactor, & so that it only takes an obscene amount of power instead of an insanely obscene amount of power. I think even Soaryn would give up on UU matter if he had to do it the way minechem is currently configured.

I'm also working on leveling up a vulcanite hammer by clearing the ore chambers.

The cobalt quest is still taking iron instead of cobalt.

FleshkaWG

Jul 29, 2019
I'm desperate, trying to do the quest - Lava fabrication, but I have in NEI couple of magma crucibles, I tried all f them - and no one is appropriate for quest.

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm desperate, trying to do the quest - Lava fabrication, but I have in NEI couple of magma crucibles, I tried all f them - and no one is appropriate for quest.

Few ppl reported problems with this quest. First of all make sure that u craft the one with BASIC machine frame, and that you actually CRAFT it (not cheat in from NEI for example because it'a a bit funky when comes to TE machines tiers).

If that doesn't help just use "/hqm edit" to spawn OP quest book and use it to mark this quest as completed.(shift-click on quest iirc)

Just tested that in my world by resetting quest and crafting 2 (with ME crafting terminal and TC crafting station, using 2basic capacitors 2 redstone blocks, 2 coils, basic frame, 2 angmallen ingots) - worked both times.
It's not a crafting quest so it rly shouldn't matter how you obtain it but who knows...
edit: Tested 3rd time by resetting and just picking it up from the ground - also worked.

Last edited: