[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ZayneCK

Jul 29, 2019
NEI tooltip - says Px (115)

Edit: did I miss something or there is no platinum anywhere? I mean as in ORE

If by platinum, you mean the ore that is smelted into shiny ingots, you can get pulverized shiny metal (smelt that for ingots) from pulverizing ferrous ore.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Is there a special way you have to use the battlegear arrows? Just having them in your inventory doesn't seem to work with vanilla bows, the bow from ender zoo, or the tinkers longbow. Battlegear seems to be responsible for giving all the skeletons those nasty arrows, it would be nice to be able to return fire.

Shooting vanilla arrows at mobs with the tinkers longbow crashes the game (shooting the wall does not). I have not made any tinkers arrows yet.

I haven't gotten Sand from a reward bag yet, but I have gotten Vanilla Mining & Thermal Mining. I haven't entered thermal mining yet, but I assume that if there is any shiny ore to be had, it will be in here.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
I found a YouTube vid showing 2 hidden chests in the new game start up area, but he fell to his death before he could look around any further. Not worth completely starting over, but may be worth starting a 2nd game just to look around.

cris.p.33

Jul 29, 2019
I found a YouTube vid showing 2 hidden chests in the new game start up area, but he fell to his death before he could look around any further. Not worth completely starting over, but may be worth starting a 2nd game just to look around.
There's 4 there? That I've found.

cris.p.33

Jul 29, 2019
I actually found about 5 or 6 bags just on the main area blocks themselves, that's not including the couple I found in the void using the 60+ blocks given in the chest.
Yeah, I can think of 3 hidden sky chests, and at least one of the hidden block ones, but there are so many of those everywhere I've forgotten what is where :D

Puffin_masta

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried lighting the area? F7 doesn't help because there are no spawnable spaces in a mushroom island biome, but in spite of everything looking bright, the block light is too low for most plants.
yeah, that was the problem. I feel pretty silly. I have my brightness up all the way and just didn't think about it.

Shadyfellow

Jul 29, 2019
I can't finish the Pomegranate Wool quest. Is that because it supposed to be unfinishable or is the word it expects spelled wrong?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Yeah, I can think of 3 hidden sky chests, and at least one of the hidden block ones, but there are so many of those everywhere I've forgotten what is where :D

My tally is 3 chests (4 including the obvious, all seen in others vids) & 4 painted item buffers (reachable with blocks but found by flying around in creative). I also found the end portal/dragon egg encased in bedrock & the obsidian spawn platform. Jumping in the portal still puts you in the reflection pool.

lcd

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to figure out the best way to do the Octuple cobble quest with Torcherino because I know what I'm doing is wrong

With the machines I'm using (cyclic assembler to crafter to crafter to crafter) I make 1 Quadruple cobble every ~9 seconds or ~12 seconds when the cyclic assemblers energy buffer empties, 10kRF/t pumping into it isn't enough I guess, you need 6,561 quad cobble to make an Octuple, trying to use as few machines as possible because I'm guessing speeding up 50 machines will annihilate your performance

My horrible math skills tell me that it'll take just over a month to get 50 Octuple cobble, running 24/7

The sugar cane quest was so easy...

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
If by platinum, you mean the ore that is smelted into shiny ingots, you can get pulverized shiny metal (smelt that for ingots) from pulverizing ferrous ore.
You also get Dense Platinum/Shiny Ore blocks in a chest somewhere in the later levels. But yea, early on, pulverizing Ferrous Ore and crossing your fingers for the secondary output is your only real option.

I read the first few pages, but not all 24, so I may have missed them, but here are bugs I have personally found in the game:

1- Thermal Expansion's Redstone Furnace will not accept Poor Iron/Coal ores. It works fine with the other ones (Redstone, Emerald, Lapis, etc.)
They are accepted in Ender IO's furnace, as well as a vanilla furnace, so it's not that big of a deal.

2- Metallurgy ores aren't properly supported in Tinker's Explorer mod (for the bows and arrows). You can't use any Metallurgy materials for any components of a shortbow/longbow/crossbow, and although you can make an arrowhead of a metallurgy metal, the Tool Station will not recognize it as valid and you won't be able to make the arrows. Note that Metallurgy arrows are present in NEI, but the arrowhead is offset from the shaft in the icon, further hinting towards an incomplete integration.

3- Certain items won't get recognized/saved within a spatial drive. Two example from the top of my head are Transfer Nodes and Rope Ladders. If you place one, then unload a spatial area, the items will remain exactly where they were placed. If you then load another spatial area, the blocks where those items are will simply not load. This can cause things like, for example, a rope ladder being present and giving an easy path all the way to the bottom. This could also cause a progression blocker if the user is very unlucky and one of the blocks that don't get loaded is the wool chest.

As a side bug, when I unloaded the area after having noticed the issue, a few blocks from the area remained after, namely a few source blocks of molten metal from the bottom of the area, plus a brick, all of which were directly below where the rope ladder was.

4- If you try to shoot a TiCo arrow when the stack is at 0, the game will crash. Since you don't get an indicator of the amount of arrows left in the stack without manually going to check, this can be a very annoying issue.

5- I got Orichalcum chunks from a reward bag, however, there is literally nothing that can be done with them. Can't smelt them, pulverize them, cook them, decompose them, craft them together, use them in the Part Builder, etc. If you are going to have those as a reward, including some use for them would be nice.

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
OH THANK GOD NO THAUMCRAFT...I finally found a good modpack without thaumic tinker which doesnt allow my game to run.
Oh and the starting island looks so...Crowded.
Oh also you have some cute pets.

leeber2002

Jul 29, 2019
specifically referring to number 3, this is a common bug with spacial drives that causes some non-vanilla blocks with a property I can't remember to not function with spacial drives. From memory I do believe there are several warnings about this.