[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
1) go to your ftb\libraries\net\minecraftforge\forge\ folder, check if you have 1.7.10-10.13.2.1291 already. If you do, proceed to step 3
2) Create a new folder here, name it 1.7.10-10.13.2.1291. Go download forge 1291 universal here and put in the folder you just created.
3) Go to the ME4 modpack folder and find pack.json
4) Change references of 1.7.10-10.13.2.1230 to 1.7.10-10.13.2.1291 (there should be 2 of them). Save your changes.

That should launch latest version of Forge for you!

Thanks. Amusingly I spent all the time looking in the wrong folders for the \libraries\, and when I got there another mod pack I've been using apparently added the latest version of Forge. All I had to do was change the .json which I never had trouble finding.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone found the best way (in the "vanilla" pack, without editing any settings) to get the torcherino (= 1 octuple compressed cookie) yet?
I set up a mob farm with dire wolfs (20 quadruple for 20 kills) and concussion creepers (3 quintuple for 30 kills) - even thought about adding a Wither spawner - and already spent 3 hours grinding with a rapier and a crossbow that 1-hit the mobs. I'm now at 3 septuple and 3 sextuple compressed cookies - after finishing the main quests, clearing Redstone Meltdown and setting up a big fluxed crystals farm with compressed cookies seeds, which btw is pretty much useless since you can't automate it (automating wheat and cocoa beans isn't better).
I then did a little math: Even if I did manage to complete 1 round (dire wolfs + concussion creepers + waiting for the quests to reset) in 5 minutes, I'd have to repeat the whole thing around 700 more times = 3500 minutes = 58 hours
Which is just .... I liked the map, don't get me wrong (even though the Wither spawners were just cheap) but I'm not going to spend 58 more hours grinding for cookies.
So, does anyone know of a legit, better way?

And:
Is there anything that's supposed to happen when you put all of the wools in the monument?
I found the book in which it said something like "wools found" at the end, the "help" book and somewhere it said that I should better warm up the reactor but what does it mean?

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
no you haven't.

Someone else already gave a hint that you should clear ALL of the liquifacted coal waterfalls in the lower room of this spatial. This should get you what you're looking for.
Oh wow. Thank you!

Edit:
Ah, I see:
47 more octuple compressed cookies, 10k ender pearls, 1mio black stained glass,...
Nopedinopenope!

Last edited:

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Having updated the mods as mentioned on page 127, I'm now crashing randomly on Good reward bags. Something in there it does *NOT* like with the updated version of the mods.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Are you opening these by hand, or by automated process? I tried opening a TON of these and didn't have any issues. Can you upload a crash report? They're usually pretty helpful in identifying the mod at fault.

I am having an odd issue where when I log out of my save game, and try to reopen it, Minecraft crashes to desktop. I can load it back up and get in just fine. Very weird. More annoying than anything. The logs are very unhelpful in this case.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow. Thank you!

Edit:
...47 more octuple compressed cookies..

Yeah I walked away after seeing that at first too. Now I'm playing with the torcherinos (have 11 right now) and they're pretty OP. I had to go watch a video to grasp how to actually turn them on. Still not sure how long it's going to take to do this, but I'm having fun setting up some crazy infrastructure to see what's possible.

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Are you opening these by hand, or by automated process? I tried opening a TON of these and didn't have any issues. Can you upload a crash report? They're usually pretty helpful in identifying the mod at fault.

I am having an odd issue where when I log out of my save game, and try to reopen it, Minecraft crashes to desktop. I can load it back up and get in just fine. Very weird. More annoying than anything. The logs are very unhelpful in this case.

I'm going to play some today and when I get some crash logs I'll post them. I had some crash logs from earlier things I was messing around with that were 100% my fault and I don't want to waste anyone's time by posting one of those by accident.

GuitarCFD

Jul 29, 2019
You can connect the spatial incubator to the observatory through either the door between the two or more sneakily through the one block gap in the bedrock up fairly high on the right hand wall (right if you are standing in the observatory and looking at the spatial incubator). You can also just use the hole in the floor of the spatial incubator (back wall center if you are standing in the observatory) but that makes for a much longer cable run. Do yourself and favor and do not keep spatial IO beneath the spatial incubator. There are a lot of folks early in this thread warning that using the ender quarry breaks the world. Actually they just lost their spatial IO disks because spatial IO is beneath the incubator but it can be anywhere. I keep mine in the door between the two so that when I load a new area my location prevents spawns right by the doorway.

Yeah Moving the Spatial IO was on my "to do" list. I wanted mine atleast in the Observatory. I hadn't taken a look at the spatial pylons enough yet to know whether or not i could just connect to a pylon closer to the observatory.

GuitarCFD

Jul 29, 2019
So i just found out that beacons won't work for the spatial io area, cuz in order to be in the 50 blocks max range of said beacons, we need to build them below bedrock, and said bedrock won't let the beacon activate / shine his light. Intended? Cuz I got some beacons in a reward bag and now they are useless. Unless I cheat and break said bedrock.

This could work if you set up 4 beacons right on the corners...give that a shot.

robbversion1

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing for a few days now and noticed that my inventory/NEI performance has been slowed. For instance searches in NEI now take 30+ seconds when before they were 2+ seconds at most. Also noticed my avatar in the inventory is showing FPS lag as well when moving the mouse cursor around.

Not sure what could be the problem. Game was fine for a few days before this started happening. Appears to be happening in brand new games as well. Running the latest version of ME^4.

Anyone else experiencing this?

GuitarCFD

Jul 29, 2019
I had an issue with Fluxed Crystals last night, legendary reward bag shards were giving me redstone alloy ingots. Is this a bug anyone else has experienced? Just a case of "you need to update the mod manually?"

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I have cracked the octuple compressed cookie conundrum!!! I'm making one octuple compressed cookie every 30 minutes without any action on my part which is fast and easy enough for my taste.

The version of fluxed crystals in the pack is effected by torcherinos; the latest version 0.0.5 is not so whatever you do do not upgrade. I assume this is deliberate to make completing this quest rational.

Setup: 3 powered soil and 3 AA's growing/harvesting triple compressed cookies accelerated by a torcherino set to +400%
3 AA's placing triple compressed cookie chunks and 3 AA's breaking them with crystal hammers accelerated by a torcherino set to +400%
20 gem cutters each with 3 speed upgrades being accelerated by 3 torcherinos each set to +400%
4 gem refiners each with 3 speed upgrades being accelerated by a torcherino set to +400%
Triple compressed cookies being dumped into a chain of 5 cyclic assemblers

Note: The ONLY way I have found to automate the incredibly sketchy fluxed crystals machines is using EnderIO item conduits inputing into the top and pulling from the sides. Literally nothing else in the pack works. The initial cookie growth might not seem faster because of the torcherino but let them reach maturity the first time and watch magic happen!

My factory fits in a 20x5x5 volume and my dimension tick time is still less than 5 milliseconds.

Last edited: