[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

thewitchcat

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've seen the giant tanks of cryotheum, and I was wondering what kind of pump I could use to gather it? I've tried putting pump in NEI but all that comes up is the Ender-Pump and I know that doesn't work for it.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've seen the giant tanks of cryotheum, and I was wondering what kind of pump I could use to gather it? I've tried putting pump in NEI but all that comes up is the Ender-Pump and I know that doesn't work for it.

The ender pump should work. Just remember it has to go right on top of the liquid it's pumping. Even a blocks space will keep it from working. You will also need power and something to store the liquid. A few drums will work well.

thewitchcat

Jul 29, 2019
The ender pump should work. Just remember it has to go right on top of the liquid it's pumping. Even a blocks space will keep it from working. You will also need power and something to store the liquid. A few drums will work well.
Oh really? I just thought it worked on lava in the nether, I guess the wiki was wrong :x Thank you!

Derpsalot

Jul 29, 2019
In theory, with enough time, anything(op as all get out iguanas configs). but actually, same as normal. blue/green slime limbs(only slightly different from each other,) normal string(no other types Q.Q), and a steel plate(imo, not as important)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best tinker construct bow and arrows you can make in this pack?

Crossbow
cobalt arm (technically one of the platinums is better for the arm but I don't think there is any way to make it. You only get the weaker variant.)
whatever for body (only good for durability)
strong

Bolts
Manamana over manamana head/body
feather fetching.

Not that it matters much. You can max out speed with a lesser bow arm and get to one shoting withers with lesser bolt materials.
And the less durable materials levels up faster.
Just remember to dump moss on the bolts and a cell on the bow. Oh and the higher durability you can get on the bow the larger the cell you can put on it.
But of you have a wireless charger set up it makes little difference.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
oh woops in my mind bow = longbow, sorry :p

I figured but the crossbow is better. There is no damage difference after a while and aiming takes way to long.
With the cross bow you can point click to kill instead of holding still and letting mobs shoot you.
And max speed is .25 seconds. Same as a bow. So it becomes more like a hand gun than a bow.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
A word of warning regarding the crossbow in this pack. Several people (including myself) have reported their worlds corrupting when their crossbows gained levels and were getting a LOT of redstone. There's definitely a bug in the version of either TiCon or Iguana's Tweaks in this pack that is at fault. Either level a bow/longbow instead, or manually update TiCon and Iguana Tweaks (think the latest version had a note about fixing this kind of thing.) before trying. Proceed to leveling a crossbow at your own peril, you have been forewarned!

Troord

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having kind of an issue, when i draw the arrow on the longbow the animation never reaches the end, like never go till the small and precise square, it stays like the open square, but if i wait the time of draw that the bow have it shoots normally, but not having the animation is weird, sorry for not explain in the proper way but is the best i can do, can someone help me please?

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
funny thing, is.. i just ender quaaried the whoole marble mountain thingy... i have now shit tons of chiseld blocks of gold/iron and waht not.

on a side note, you have to be tricky with chunkloading as there is no chunkloader for anything.

and the Extra Cells Mod acts funn when using it to store the liquids gained from MineChem.

also: the ME system in your 'base' tends to break in wierd places, when you leave the dimension

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a strange error where TiCo items are becoming "corrupt" as they level up.
They claim that putting them into a crafting table will return them to a non corrupt data state, but they come back out of the table with the same corrupt stats that triggered the red text.
First time this happened I dropped into creative, replaced the item with a blank version of the same, but this time it's one of my best picks that I'd painfully raised beyond godhood+ levels...
Any clue why these are going corrupt data after long use?

Ignore that test the tools and weapons wills till work fine. But manually updating Tcon might be a good idea.

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone please point me in the right direction for updating Forge with this modpack? I'm trying to update Tcon as others have suggested, hoping it'll get rid of that corrupt tool problem, but now it wants me to update forge. Either I'm blind and have missed something obvious, or Google is 0 help for this since all the results have told me to do things in folders that don't seem to exist.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone please point me in the right direction for updating Forge with this modpack? I'm trying to update Tcon as others have suggested, hoping it'll get rid of that corrupt tool problem, but now it wants me to update forge. Either I'm blind and have missed something obvious, or Google is 0 help for this since all the results have told me to do things in folders that don't seem to exist.

That's why I don't use the FTB launcher, try using MultiMC

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
1) go to your ftb\libraries\net\minecraftforge\forge\ folder, check if you have 1.7.10-10.13.2.1291 already. If you do, proceed to step 3
2) Create a new folder here, name it 1.7.10-10.13.2.1291. Go download forge 1291 universal here and put in the folder you just created.
3) Go to the ME4 modpack folder and find pack.json
4) Change references of 1.7.10-10.13.2.1230 to 1.7.10-10.13.2.1291 (there should be 2 of them). Save your changes.

That should launch latest version of Forge for you!

Reactions: wolfpax181

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
So taking my own advice to see what the result was, after updating forge I also had to update the following:

COFH core
Thermal Expansion
Thermal Foundation
Tinker's Construct
Iguanas Tweaks
Tinker's Defence

Once doing this, most of my tools showing incorrect data could now be fixed, but a few still had the "INCORRECT DATA" warning on them that I could not fix. So better, but not perfect yet.

Also, there have been a lot of changes in TE in these latest versions. I can't say for sure what to look for, but one thing I already noticed is that the AA requires RF now. You can disable this in the TE config though.

Last edited:

Ash6390

Jul 29, 2019
Now here is something strange: I have got around 1800 entities in my map. The Spatial IO are is not loaded and I don't know where they are. Help, its making my computer cry.

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Now here is something strange: I have got around 1800 entities in my map. The Spatial IO are is not loaded and I don't know where they are. Help, its making my computer cry.

I had a problem like that once that I fixed by toggling the difficulty to peaceful briefly. Hopefully it's hostile mobs for you like it was for me.