[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
It's that way because the modpack author wanted to change the mod's balance. In that light, reverting the change would be cheating as far as the modpack is concerned.
Pretty sure in the first book it says "Rules: None". Nothing rule breaking about breaking the 4th wall. (is that even the correct use of the term "4th wall"?) :D

SiberianPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack but try as I might I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade the (basic) TE4 machines. I want to upgrade my magma crucible to a hardened (then resonant) but I think when Parcel changed the recipe for the machine frames it broke the upgrade system. If I'm wrong I'd appreciate someone walking me through it.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack but try as I might I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade the (basic) TE4 machines. I want to upgrade my magma crucible to a hardened (then resonant) but I think when Parcel changed the recipe for the machine frames it broke the upgrade system. If I'm wrong I'd appreciate someone walking me through it.
Not all TE4 machines are upgradeable. The magma crucible is one of those. That is a default with TE4, not a change in the modpack.

SiberianPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Not all TE4 machines are upgradeable. The magma crucible is one of those. That is a default with TE4, not a change in the modpack.
I'm surprised as NEI shows a resonant version.

EDIT: After looking over the redstone furnace in NEI it appears that there IS an upgradable magma crucible but there's no crafting recipes for upgrading it. *shrugs* Thanks for the quick reply :)

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised as NEI shows a resonant version.

EDIT: After looking over the redstone furnace in NEI it appears that there IS an upgradable magma crucible but there's no crafting recipes for upgrading it. *shrugs* Thanks for the quick reply :)

It would be to easy to get inf power if it was upgradable.

Egglanoir

Jul 29, 2019
So I am stuck on one mission and I have no clue what it is, I got every other mission done, and I read through a few pages of this forum, and found nothing. It is one of the "Secrets" missions. Can I have a bit of information on what I am supposed to do?

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i am up to the point where i unlocked inclusion chamber 4. What is the best armor I can make at this point? I am playing on Hard and the fallen nights are crazy.

Also I got a pair of wings from the legendary bag in the nether is this always there or did i just get lucky with the bag.

Tatasa

Jul 29, 2019
So I am stuck on one mission and I have no clue what it is, I got every other mission done, and I read through a few pages of this forum, and found nothing. It is one of the "Secrets" missions. Can I have a bit of information on what I am supposed to do?

Which quest are you talking about?

Ok i am up to the point where i unlocked inclusion chamber 4. What is the best armor I can make at this point? I am playing on Hard and the fallen nights are crazy.

Also I got a pair of wings from the legendary bag in the nether is this always there or did i just get lucky with the bag.

1)The armor from the Knights is nice , got a lot of enchants.

2)You have been very lucky , i opened about 50 legendary bags so far and still got no wings -.- at least I got the dark boots/chestplate/leggings ,so I can glide.

Does anybody know if an autonomous activator can open reward bags for me? I think I read that it can but i'm not getting it to work for me.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
AAs absolutely can open reward bags. Just be careful not to open any yourself at the same time or you will crash. Also don't hand in any quests at the same time or you will crash. I use a SFM inventory manager to keep 8 reward bags in the AA (trigger/input/output both with the reward bag whitelisted/on the output specify the number and it will regulate that amount in the output inventory; very handy), and then EnderIO item conduits with speed upgrades to pull from the AA with reward bags black listed. I send the items into an ME Interface on a tiny little system that just has a drive in a chest and a trashcan with 5 storage buses. Put all the trash in the storage buses and it will get automatically voided leaving only the good loots on the drive.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i have the open block auto enchanter, but it only lets me enchant up t0 8 lvls is there a way to make do higher.

where can i find out which metallurgy armor is better than another one?

Tatasa

Jul 29, 2019
AAs absolutely can open reward bags. Just be careful not to open any yourself at the same time or you will crash. Also don't hand in any quests at the same time or you will crash. I use a SFM inventory manager to keep 8 reward bags in the AA (trigger/input/output both with the reward bag whitelisted/on the output specify the number and it will regulate that amount in the output inventory; very handy), and then EnderIO item conduits with speed upgrades to pull from the AA with reward bags black listed. I send the items into an ME Interface on a tiny little system that just has a drive in a chest and a trashcan with 5 storage buses. Put all the trash in the storage buses and it will get automatically voided leaving only the good loots on the drive.

Does the AA need free slots to get the items out of the bag? I had it completly filled up, thinking it would spit the items out to my vacuum hopper^^

@Biblio: it needs some bookshelfs (or better magical wood, you need less of that) around your enchanter with 1 block gap between to do higher level enchants.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
thx is there a list of the metallurgy metals in order from least to greatest to make armor out of?

Zulef

Jul 29, 2019
Does the AA need free slots to get the items out of the bag? I had it completly filled up, thinking it would spit the items out to my vacuum hopper^^

Yes, if there are no free slots the AA will jam and stop opening bags. A Hyper Rationing pipe works well if you don't want to use SFM to keep one item in the inventory. I used a pure SFM setup to open 3 Resonant Caches of bags I got with a 1 tick pulser, seemed a lot faster than using an AA. I also encountered an issue after opening about 35k bags that the launcher log would overflow with error messages and cause MC to use 100% CPU.

GuitarCFD

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there is some way, considering that someone a long time ago posted an image of his arrows and he had slimy leaves fletching.

You can get slimy saplings in a reward bag and grab them with shears. That being said...you have to be fast. As soon as you clip one leaf block the rest will start to despawn.

GuitarCFD

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to make a small legendary rewards bag farm in a 3*3 aria then. I've got half a dozen reinforced watering cans from them and another half in souls.

I haven't even started with Fluxed Crystals...how do I make that mod not broken? All I've heard about it is how it seems to be broken. I heard in a DW20/Pahimar vid that parcel contacted DW20 and asked him not to judge his pack on the version of Fluxed Crystals that is in there. btw @parcel31u I am loving this map. You have now taught me that what i think is the top...is not the top...and what I thought was the bottom...also not the case. I under estimated your sneakiness. I'm pretty much determined at this point to take a hammer to everything. For instance...something is up with the spatial IO room...on one side the Dense cables acted like ladders...on the other side they didn't. On said side I noticed there was a 2 tall gap to walk through...but my searching hasn't revealed any fruit. I do however...wish you'd left a way to connect the Spacial IO port from the observatory

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
You have to build it from source. Pull request was accepted earlier today that finally fixed the issue with machines stopping once in a while.