[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Ash6390

Jul 29, 2019
AE presses:
One under the stairs by the trees, one under the trees chamber with all the cursed earth, one to the right chamber from center, and one 2 or so levels down in the stack of rooms to the right of the entrance.
Thanks! Now I just need to figure out the slimy leaves...

4rticdemoN

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, now the universal seed works but when i process the smooth shard in the gem refiner, I get the wrong object: quartz one gets me leather, universal seed one get me silver nuggets...

EDIT: Ok, I found the problem. When i updated, i erased the config files. Putting the old ones instead seams to fix the problem

Last edited:

Grumpy_Crow

Jul 29, 2019
made an account specifically for this (wait, why do i already have an avatar? nevermind whatever) i REALLY want to know what the music is in me^4. searching got me nothing (might have been searching wrong, but w/e) can anyone point me in the right direction?

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
For slimy leaves, you need a slimy sapling from a reward bag (not sure if there was any other guaranteed way to get it, but I know I've gotten more than a few myself). Then use a silky tool to grab one of the leaves off the tree.

sirrush90

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, so I have been running an ME^4 server for a while now, but ever since I upgraded the server to the newer version I've been getting increasingly bad lag with the message
"Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded" with the lag (ms) and skipped ticks. I have the latest version of Java 8 and removed all older versions. Does anyone know how to fix this or is anyone having a similar issue?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, so I have been running an ME^4 server for a while now, but ever since I upgraded the server to the newer version I've been getting increasingly bad lag with the message
"Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded" with the lag (ms) and skipped ticks. I have the latest version of Java 8 and removed all older versions. Does anyone know how to fix this or is anyone having a similar issue?

Try updating fluxed crystals. The version in the pack is the usual culprit.
Just remember the farm manager has bin phased out. You now power and apply upgrades to the powered soil directly.
Edit: That's each peace of powered dirt.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I just got the Deep-Space ForgeCraft drive from a bag but there's nothing inside, when loaded. It only got rid of the glass at the bottom of the chamber, so now lots of mobs are spawning there. Is that intentional?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I just got the Deep-Space ForgeCraft drive from a bag but there's nothing inside, when loaded. It only got rid of the glass at the bottom of the chamber, so now lots of mobs are spawning there. Is that intentional?

Nope. It should be a "modified" copy of fireballs space station from the last forgecraft series.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm running a LAN game, and when another player and I went to the spectre dimension together, he ended up with a fatal crash along the lines of "I can't find this dimension in the list, it's listed wrong", and now can't reconnect to the game without crashing again.
I know from earlier posts that the spectre dimension and deep dark are broken somehow, but I haven't found any information on how to move the guy back to the regular area of the map, beyond the /tpx command which refuses to work.
I do have MCEdit, but can't find any info on how to use that to fix this either. Any ideas? XD

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm running a LAN game, and when another player and I went to the spectre dimension together, he ended up with a fatal crash along the lines of "I can't find this dimension in the list, it's listed wrong", and now can't reconnect to the game without crashing again.
I know from earlier posts that the spectre dimension and deep dark are broken somehow, but I haven't found any information on how to move the guy back to the regular area of the map, beyond the /tpx command which refuses to work.
I do have MCEdit, but can't find any info on how to use that to fix this either. Any ideas? XD

You need to use NBTEx to edit his player data directly

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

I did have a nice simple but detailed walkthrough on just how to fix this in this thread. It seems to have vanished because search isn't finding it. So lets try this. Take a look at the highlighted parts.
First use the botom bar
then your frends name
then a location in the world
then the MCedit logo in the upper left corner. Save.
then the last and most important step. Smack your frend for playing with crashy things. And let him go first into the ^4 arias.
upload_2015-3-14_3-46-28.png

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please explain how the matter condenser works? Because I reached the quest where I need to make a matter cannon and it requires, among other things, a matter ball.

Nosthal

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i've got a problem with my map:
Everytime i start my map its crashes
I can give you the crash report
(Sorry for my english, i'm a french speaking people)

Ash6390

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some issues with fluxed crystals: I am trying to do the triple compressed cookie (TCC) seed quest and when I put the universal seed and the 32 TCC, but it gives me pulsating seeds.

Homarid

Jul 29, 2019
The most basic function of the matter condenser is a trashcan. The other modes are matter ball and singularity. Right clicking on it should open up a user interface. The left icon is items going in. The top item is a place for a storage cell. I am not sure what the different sizes do, but sticking an empty 1k cell works fine for me. The right side is the item that you are trying to get. Clicking on it changes the various modes. Now all you have to do is stick in any item and it will void the item and increase the count by one. This can be seen by the "energy bar" next to the top icon. The system is not smart and will not tell the difference between compressed and uncompressed cobble for example. According to the AE2 info site it can also accept fluids (those bedrockium drums of salt come to mind). I hope this helps, good luck!