[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
That's not quite as much fun though. It seems like you're both actually pretty nice fellas. I can't really imagine either of you feeding on the tears of the downtrodden like I can with GregoriousT.

@Vechora

BigReactors in its normal (un-nerfed) state would have been unbalanced this pack. Nuclear - including Yellorium - is supposed to be a late-game (or late mid-game) power source.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Edit2: So the more I think about it, the more the concept of extending an ME network with singularities to other sites/dimensions appeals to me. The problem with it really is that both sides need to be powered. Are there any elegant solutions for transmitting power across space/dimensions or do I need to look at something like sending yellorium/alumentum through the system and powering with that?

Well, the good news in AE2 is after you have the Quantum Gate link established, it automatically sends AE2 power across to the other side. In AE1, you had to provide power separately. But, in AE2, it takes power from the AE2 network itself - including across the quantum link - to maintain connection.

Just be warned, though. It's a *lot* of power. Each pair of gates is up to 1,000 EU/t if I'm not mistaken. A single max-sized BR Turbine or a single Naquadah can power plenty of pairs of gates, so it's not completely ridiculous, just "late-game".

Then, if you want to send even *more* power across the quantum link, you can use AE2 P2P tunnels. There are EU and RF P2P connections/tunnels.

Reactions: Dlur100

Vechora

Jul 29, 2019
That difference comes from internal loss. To output 32EU, the steam turbine uses internally 34EU.So 34EU/t*3mB/EU=102mB/t.

Ah nice to know, also perfectly in line with everything else gregtech :D

@Vechora

BigReactors in its normal (un-nerfed) state would have been unbalanced this pack. Nuclear - including Yellorium - is supposed to be a late-game (or late mid-game) power source.

I know or at least, did the calculations and was like "why bother with coke ovens and a treefarm if I have enough yellorium to power a small island nation?" well because it's gated!

That said, I did hugely cheat by going for thaumcraft in the first place having pickaxe of the core+ a golem treefarm makes things so much "easier". Drilling out entire veins with the arcane bore is childs play when you have a thaumic restorer and infinite* instrumentum via crafting tables.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, does anyone know of any issues with saved worlds when updating the server to the latest version of the modpack? We're running 2.1.12 at the moment, and would like to update to the latest version, but we don't want to lose what we've created thus far. I can just do it (after making a backup, of course) and see what happens, but would love it if someone could give me a heads up!

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the GenDustry genetic imprinter, am I really supposed to lose so many pristine princesses in this thing? So much genetic waste :(

Slowenemy

Jul 29, 2019
Happy April Fools day!
Had to change my time so i could connect to my server, HA

"the following microblocks are not installed on this client: tile.whiteStone"

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Happy April Fools day!
Had to change my time so i could connect to my server, HA

"the following microblocks are not installed on this client: tile.whiteStone"
I can't change the time on the server, is there any other way around this or am I just simply screwed for 24 hours of April fools?

Slowenemy

Jul 29, 2019
I can't change the time on the server, is there any other way around this or am I just simply screwed for 24 hours of April fools?

Im not too sure,
my server is hosted at home (which made things easier) and the time is changed on that, and the time on all other local computers in the house.

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the GenDustry genetic imprinter, am I really supposed to lose so many pristine princesses in this thing? So much genetic waste :(

Yeah. It's still much faster to find a few more pristine pricesses, than having to breed the traits manually for each one of them.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
@Slowenemy @Dlur100

If you get the following message when trying to login to any server today (4/1):

The following microblocks are not installed on this client: tile.whiteStone

Then, go to your client config/HardcoreEnderExpansion.cfg, and change hardcoreEnderbacon to a 2 like so:

Code:
    # 0 = enabled on April Fools, 1 = always enabled, 2 = never enabled.
    I:hardcoreEnderbacon=2

Hat tip : chylex.
@chylex
(i.e. HEE's author)

Last edited:

Slowenemy

Jul 29, 2019
@Slowenemy @Dlur100

If you get the following message when trying to login to any server today (4/1):

The following microblocks are not installed on this client: tile.whiteStone

Then, go to your client config/HardcoreEnderExpansion.cfg, and change hardcoreEnderbacon to a 2 like so:

Code:
    # 0 = enabled on April Fools, 1 = always enabled, 2 = never enabled.
    I:hardcoreEnderbacon=2

Hat tip : chylex.
@chylex
(i.e. HEE's author)

haha, all learned up now,
Cheers

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Then, if you want to send even *more* power across the quantum link, you can use AE2 P2P tunnels. There are EU and RF P2P connections/tunnels.
Out of curiosity are you able to power IC2, GT, or eIO machinery with AE2 somehow? Seems that for automating processing and the like it would be much cleaner to provide the power directly from the AE2 power where you have your import and export buses. I have a gut feeling that GT wouldn't play nice this way, but a SAG mill or eIO smelter?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity are you able to power IC2, GT, or eIO machinery with AE2 somehow? Seems that for automating processing and the like it would be much cleaner to provide the power directly from the AE2 power where you have your import and export buses. I have a gut feeling that GT wouldn't play nice this way, but a SAG mill or eIO smelter?

You can, yes. Slap a P2P interface of the appropriate power type on the consumer. However, I don't believe you can have it on the same face as the import/export bus. You will need separate machine faces for P2P and import/export buses.

And, you're right about GT. AE2 P2P supports IC2 EU and I don't believe AE2 P2P supports GT EU.

Speaking of AE2 P2P, I wonder if it has power loss for IC2 EU.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of AE2 P2P, I wonder if it has power loss for IC2 EU.
giphy.gif

Too bad eIO doesn't have a ME P2P power connector, or input/export buses for that matter. But still taking up a face on an eIO device for power isn't a big deal if you don't have to also run power all over the place as well.

Are the eIO ME and Dense ME cables viable?

Reactions: MigukNamja

NuAoA

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm getting massive FPS drops in 2.1.7 that were not present in 2.1.6, the kind where your memory usage spikes to 100% and your fps drops to zero for a few seconds, repeating a few times a minute. I tried lowering the memory allocated to FTB down to 2gb but it made no difference (its fixed the issue in the past). Anyone else have this problem?

I've also rolled back to 2.1.6 and now i'm missing a bunch of textures in gregtech (tools and machine parts mostly, no blocks), i tried deleting the modpack and redownloading it but the textures are still missing.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
v2.1.8 - Hotfixes
Updated Mods:
- Automagy to 0.22.1
- BDLib to 1.7.0.69
- Buildcraft to 6.4.6
- BuildcraftCompat to 6.4.2
- EnderIO to 2.2.8.366
- EnderZoo to 1.0.10.25
- Fastcraft to 1.21
- Galacticraft to 3.0.11.309
- Gendustry to 1.4.9.75
- IC2 to 2.2.706
- LogisticsPipes to 0.8.3.114
- Malisis Core to 0.11.3
- Malisis Doors to 1.5.1
- OpenComputers to 1.5.5.12
- PneumaticCraft to 1.6.4-66
- Thaumic Tinkerer to 2.5-478
- Yampst to 2.1.8

Config changes/tweaks:

- Turned off SecretRoomsMod integration with MalisisDoors to fix trapdoor crashes
- Fixed Graves not storing items
- More Bug Fixes
v2.1.7 is still set as recommended. To update to this version you need to choose it from the version list.
Writing this post in advance, so it might take few minutes to show up on the launcher.

Edit: This is probably one of the last updates for InfiTech 2. From now on, will be focusing mainly on the new iteration of InfiTech.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno why I said "we" when I have about as much say in the matter as my cat.
My cat makes 90% of my minecraft related decisions for me. Earlier this morning I couldn't decide which bee species to breed next. So I found 2 cardboard boxes and wrote Iridium on one and Uranium238 on the other. My cat laid down in the Iridium box so, iridium bees it is!