[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
I'd also check to make sure nobody chunk loaded a nether fortress. I may have done something this dumb on our server. There may have been wither skeletons suffocating in the walls because there were so many. There may have been over 9000 wither skeleton skull entities dropped on the ground and exponentially more bones and coal. There was definitely lag.
That's.. actually pretty amazing. Renewable coal. And wither skeleton heads. And bones. Yay for us!

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
That's.. actually pretty amazing. Renewable coal. And wither skeleton heads. And bones. Yay for us!
Yeah, maybe if you had a few vacuum chests with transfer nodes on them. It probably would have been better to have a way to kill the skeletons somehow other than letting them multiply so much that they started to suffocate in the walls too. The lag was awful.

This is all the fault of bee breeding btw. I was working on sinister bees and such at the time and I'd already had a portal established to the nether fortress so I could collect blaze rods, so I just plunked my bee hives down and tossed in a chunk loader. Oops. Now with GenDustry (and the massive amounts of EU, tin, and diamonds I've spent on it) I can just put all my bees down in the old quarry below my base (3x3 chunks) and pipe their products into a dedicated centrifuges for comb processing before it hits ME drives.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently looking at the reason of the lag. So far no idea what is causing it... :(

I am not near any computer that has Minecraft but I will post this item that I have found to be issue with any pack running Ender IO

Check the enderio.cfg file and search for replacewitherskeletons and make sure that the value is set to:

B:Misc=false

It only took a few Wither Skellys in my worlds to drop my FPS down to just 1...

*edit: grammer and spelling again...

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I am not near any computer that has Minecraft but I will post this item that I have found to be issue with any pack running Ender IO

Check the enderio.cfg file and search for replacewitherskeletons and make sure that the value is set to:

B:Misc=false

It only took a few Wither Skellys in my worlds to drop my FPS down to just 1...

*edit: grammer and spelling again...
Indeed the eIO wither skeletons are the ones that my ill conceived nether fortress chunk loader spawned in thousands.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Problem is exact following: When the nether is getting unloaded its causing massive lag (not FPS, but lag like latency, block-lag, or whatever you want to call it).

I am literally going mod by mod now, to see which one is causing that. Fortunately we know when it started to happen, so I can just look at the mods that were changed in transition from 2.1.5(6) to 2.1.7. its a fair amount of mods and the slow pack loading is not really helping :(

edit: also after you leave nether, and you wait for few minutes, it will fix itself. but again when nether will get loaded, and then will try to unload... bad stuff happns again.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
That is the beauty? ... of gregtech?
(i say that because im pretty sure binnie fixed his load issues? and with GT its not something that can really be "fixed" as such.)

Slayeruga

Jul 29, 2019
Can't place cropsticks on empty farmland after update to 2.1.7

834vbqX.png
Infitech2 2.1.8.1 I have this problem too. Can't place cropsticks on empty farmland

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I'm finally getting to the point where I want to expand my super basic AE2 ME network, but one thing that's been bothering me about ME. When I am in a crafting grid (or inventory) anywhere else I can hover over an item and press "U' or "R" to get usage and recipes for that item respectively. When I'm in an AE2 interface it just ends up typing in the search bar. Is there a hotkey or config I can change so that I can use "U" and "R" inside any ME interface?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I'm finally getting to the point where I want to expand my super basic AE2 ME network, but one thing that's been bothering me about ME. When I am in a crafting grid (or inventory) anywhere else I can hover over an item and press "U' or "R" to get usage and recipes for that item respectively. When I'm in an AE2 interface it just ends up typing in the search bar. Is there a hotkey or config I can change so that I can use "U" and "R" inside any ME interface?
Have you tried changing it so the search box isn't selected? That would be my guess, I think it works. You may have to click the button on the lift of the interface t ochange search box mode, I can't remember which one it is but one lets you make the search box inactive unless you click on it.

Reactions: Dlur100

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I use 'R' and 'U' prior to opening AE2. And, if I want to stay in AE2, I click on the NEI bar at the bottom and enter what I'm trying to craft there.