[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Golems you can filter what they pickup, this is enough for practically all purposes as they're nearly always intended for a dedicated task. The alternative way which I've used sometimes is build fences/pits, they can only jump one block like basically everything so fences or a 2 deep pit or whatever can also contain them, they can't climb ladders either so it's easy to get out still. You'd pretty much need fences for constraining chop golems though, I believe there is a golem fetter or something in either golemancy or automagy that can also be used but I haven't played with it so I'm not sure. As far as shards go remember to silk touch the ores, even just macerating gives 4 shards per ore, at best you can get it up to something like x5, just macerating is great though. Note that the sifter is not good though, unlike the ores with exquisite/flawed/whatever tiers of gems the ones like certus or shards that just give the normal gem or dust the sifter is inferior to the alternative ore processing chain as it's only worth 1.1x instead of 1.33x and the other method is something in the 1.2s I believe.

For distance transport of items your only options are chains of conduits/pipes, rails and carts, magic mirrors, transceivers, and quantum rings. If you don't have AE yet though your best bet is probably magic mirrors as you apparently do use thaumcraft, other then use carts or pipes at your preference.

For the void upgrade just restart minecraft, it's a bug that happens sometimes that seems to disable the crafting or viewing of certain items. Notably I've only seen it for JABBA and transfer node upgrades, it does only seem to happen after the first world I connect to though ever so restarting has always worked.

Thx for the input. Helped me out for now as you might have seen some post above. But I still got problems with the Item transporting.
As you supossed right, I¨m getting deep into TC this time but I can´t see how Mirrors are usefull for my purpose.
To get a concrete example, I have charcoal barrel in the Main Warehouse. From there I wan´t to maintaine a chest full of charcoal to feed my alchemical Furnace that does my Herba poroduction.
So if I pipe Charcoal into one of the mirrors in my warehouse the one that is near the Alchemical Furnace, will never stop accepting items. So it will spill out my hole charcoal.
I thught about using refined realocation. But I still have to move the stuff all over the base first.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Thx for the input. Helped me out for now as you might have seen some post above. But I still got problems with the Item transporting.
As you supossed right, I¨m getting deep into TC this time but I can´t see how Mirrors are usefull for my purpose.
To get a concrete example, I have charcoal barrel in the Main Warehouse. From there I wan´t to maintaine a chest full of charcoal to feed my alchemical Furnace that does my Herba poroduction.
So if I pipe Charcoal into one of the mirrors in my warehouse the one that is near the Alchemical Furnace, will never stop accepting items. So it will spill out my hole charcoal.
I thught about using refined realocation. But I still have to move the stuff all over the base first.
Yeah you need a way of wirelessly transmitting when to stop sending items, the easiest way being wireless redstone. The easiest way is to have a buffer inventory of some kind, hook a comparator up to it and transmit the signal back via wireless redstone to the warehouse and have it not transmit when it's getting a signal. Consequently whenever an item goes through it will briefly pause input before getting sucked into the furnace, unless the furnace is full of fuel in which case it will not get pulled out and will reside in there preventing any more charcoal from getting sent until the furnace frees up and it can be pumped in again. At least I think all that should work, it's a pity hoppers can't pump up really or you could just connect a mirror to a hopper and do it that way, an omnidirectional hopper might work I suppose.

Reactions: Dentvar

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Ok my fault but what this mean in row 1823 and 1824
B:Nether_false=false
B:Nether_true=true

Olivine Mix true and false ?
That means, the Default for GT changed in some update.
Delete both lines and load GT again. The line that get generated again is the right one.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is there any way to get rubber w/o an extractor or centrifuge?

I'm thiiiis close to simply skipping the entire bronze age thanks to thaumcraft :p

Reactions: Grove

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just following up on my last question (doesn't look like anyone had an answer) with the results of our modpack update, in case anyone is curious. So, we were running 2.1.2 for a couple months, and just recently updated to 2.1.9 (we originally updated to 2.1.8.1, but were experiencing a lot of crashes). End result of the update is that nothing changed, aside from a warning about the server removing some blocks that were no longer valid (I don't recall the exact wording; I guess that entity IDs changed or were removed). So, all went pretty easily.

I will note that the update did not address the problem with itemNewSaplings (ExtraBiomesXL) crashing the server--still don't know where that's coming from for certain, although I suspect it has to do with my infused seed farm--it occasionally drops unnamed saplings that, if held in hand, crash my client. I've dismantled it to see if the problem crops up without it. We haven't tried placing buildcraft pipes next to relocator pipes again (in that past, if they attach to one another the server dies and won't come back up until we restore from a backup where those pipes weren't connected).

I've recently noticed that our Advanced Solar Panel array is reporting 8 EU/t from individual solar panels; I've never seen it go that high before; in previous versions, it only hits 6 EU/t on the overworld.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get rubber w/o an extractor or centrifuge?

I'm thiiiis close to simply skipping the entire bronze age thanks to thaumcraft :p
Can't you just smelt it? Plus, the only challenging part of the bronze age is the blast furnace. You can simply get a Solar/Coal Boiler and a Steam Extractor running, unless you don't wanna touch the bronze age at all.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can't you just smelt it? Plus, the only challenging part of the bronze age is the blast furnace. You can simply get a Solar/Coal Boiler and a Steam Extractor running, unless you don't wanna touch the bronze age at all.
I'm pretty sure (?) you can't smelt rubber sap into rubber directly. You need to extract resin first and then smelt that.

I already have piles of iron and steel, and a tiny RC LV boiler ready to go. I'm debating whether I should assemble the RC Turbine straight away, but I think it requires like 250 steel or something ludicrous, my stockpile isn't that big yet :)

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just following up on my last question (doesn't look like anyone had an answer) with the results of our modpack update, in case anyone is curious. So, we were running 2.1.2 for a couple months, and just recently updated to 2.1.9 (we originally updated to 2.1.8.1, but were experiencing a lot of crashes). End result of the update is that nothing changed, aside from a warning about the server removing some blocks that were no longer valid (I don't recall the exact wording; I guess that entity IDs changed or were removed). So, all went pretty easily.

I will note that the update did not address the problem with itemNewSaplings (ExtraBiomesXL) crashing the server--still don't know where that's coming from for certain, although I suspect it has to do with my infused seed farm--it occasionally drops unnamed saplings that, if held in hand, crash my client. I've dismantled it to see if the problem crops up without it. We haven't tried placing buildcraft pipes next to relocator pipes again (in that past, if they attach to one another the server dies and won't come back up until we restore from a backup where those pipes weren't connected).

I've recently noticed that our Advanced Solar Panel array is reporting 8 EU/t from individual solar panels; I've never seen it go that high before; in previous versions, it only hits 6 EU/t on the overworld.
The itemNewSaplings thing is a mod bug. You know you can try to test the RR and BC pipes thing in SP right? By the way, "Advanced Solar Panel array"? Advanced Solar Panels isn't added into the pack by default, so can't help you there.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure (?) you can't smelt rubber sap into rubber directly. You need to extract resin first and then smelt that.

I already have piles of iron and steel, and a tiny RC LV boiler ready to go. I'm debating whether I should assemble the RC Turbine straight away, but I think it requires like 250 steel or something ludicrous, my stockpile isn't that big yet :)
I never knew anything about "rubber sap". Don't trees just drop resin? Unless you use IHL which I have never used and know nothing about, I'm pretty sure rubber is easy to get.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I never knew anything about "rubber sap". Don't trees just drop resin? Unless you use IHL which I have never used and know nothing about, I'm pretty sure rubber is easy to get.
I think I'm getting my terms mixed up badly here, but I'm also pretty sure you need to centrifuge/extract whatever you get out of a rubber tree before you can smelt it :(

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding Ender bees, do these spawn anywhere other than on the surface of the main End island? Someone other than me grabbed all the hives with the exception of 1 from the main island and when I broke the remaining hive I just got 1 princess (no drone). I'm a little hesitant to try to breed the 1 princess if that's my only shot as this is my only hurdle to getting naquadah bees.

Other than that I've managed to breed all bee species that I'm even remotely interested in with the exception of the ones requiring Ender bees (vibrant alloy, plutonium, naquadah) and a few Thaumcraft bees. Through judicial use of uranium, diamonds, tin, and EUs I've got all of my bee species set up with the best traits I've been able to find. At the bottom level of my base at y11 I've got a 3x4 chunk size mine that I completely quarried out when I first started playing. I'm in the process of filling that up with alvearies and apiaries of all species that I want product from long-term such as certus quartz, fluix, emeraldi, diamandi (I found these 2 to be easier to work with than diamond and emerald due to not requiring an implosion compressor to get end product), coal, oil, tungsten, iridium, titanium, chrome, ruby, hermetic, doctoral, scholarly?, and of course tons of imperial and industrial. I left all bee species to have fertility 4 and am routing excess drones to an ME condenser for matterballs and singularities. All product gets filtered through jabba barrels before being extracted to a standalone eIO network that dumps combs into a bank of centrifuges and filters jelly/pollen to my regular eIO network. I didn't see any reason to clog up my ME network with thousands of combs, honey, and wax. It's all chunk loaded so I should get plenty of product. As I acquire more jelly/pollen I'll continue to build alvearies to replace apiaries for some species, but apiaries are just so cheap through villager trades and I can produce perfect princesses at will with GenDustry so I can just fill up 20 apiaries and not worry about frames really. It's amazing how many new princesses you can acquire with a little journey through most deserts or Savannah due to MagicBees. I think if it wasn't for MagicBees I'd never have even tried bee breeding, as I'd run out of princesses so fast.

If my biofuel production can keep pace I might consider building a bunch of Industrial Alvearies, but I want to build out a few more machine automation processes in LV and also set up automated end-to-end ore processing in 2 forks (ore washing vs thermal centrifuge for the most common ore types) using HV equipment first and see what my power drain is then.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm getting my terms mixed up badly here, but I'm also pretty sure you need to centrifuge/extract whatever you get out of a rubber tree before you can smelt it :(

The only way im aware of, is the steam extractor - you need that to make resin, which then you also need an alloy furnace and a mold (in early game) to make rubber sheets for GT cable sheathing.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Step 1: Find a friend with an extractor
Step 2: ??
Step 3: Rubber ingots!
Meh, I'm honestly concerned about saving myself a whole 20 mins of work and some pride :p

For those who don't know, I'm finally getting around to learning me some TC4, since I've never managed to get into it. Infitech2 is massively easier when you can leverage the thaumcraft toys.

Amazingly I've found something neato I can do with it: you can triple many useful metals in the pack simply by combining 1 nugget with 2 metallum. The trick is to take previously-useless metals (such as, say, magnesium) and converting that into metallum.

So basically you're converting crappy metals into good ones. And there's plenty of useless GT metals kicking around. Huzzah!

Reactions: Dentvar

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding Ender bees, do these spawn anywhere other than on the surface of the main End island? Someone other than me grabbed all the hives with the exception of 1 from the main island and when I broke the remaining hive I just got 1 princess (no drone). I'm a little hesitant to try to breed the 1 princess if that's my only shot as this is my only hurdle to getting naquadah bees.

Other than that I've managed to breed all bee species that I'm even remotely interested in with the exception of the ones requiring Ender bees (vibrant alloy, plutonium, naquadah) and a few Thaumcraft bees. Through judicial use of uranium, diamonds, tin, and EUs I've got all of my bee species set up with the best traits I've been able to find. At the bottom level of my base at y11 I've got a 3x4 chunk size mine that I completely quarried out when I first started playing. I'm in the process of filling that up with alvearies and apiaries of all species that I want product from long-term such as certus quartz, fluix, emeraldi, diamandi (I found these 2 to be easier to work with than diamond and emerald due to not requiring an implosion compressor to get end product), coal, oil, tungsten, iridium, titanium, chrome, ruby, hermetic, doctoral, scholarly?, and of course tons of imperial and industrial. I left all bee species to have fertility 4 and am routing excess drones to an ME condenser for matterballs and singularities. All product gets filtered through jabba barrels before being extracted to a standalone eIO network that dumps combs into a bank of centrifuges and filters jelly/pollen to my regular eIO network. I didn't see any reason to clog up my ME network with thousands of combs, honey, and wax. It's all chunk loaded so I should get plenty of product. As I acquire more jelly/pollen I'll continue to build alvearies to replace apiaries for some species, but apiaries are just so cheap through villager trades and I can produce perfect princesses at will with GenDustry so I can just fill up 20 apiaries and not worry about frames really. It's amazing how many new princesses you can acquire with a little journey through most deserts or Savannah due to MagicBees. I think if it wasn't for MagicBees I'd never have even tried bee breeding, as I'd run out of princesses so fast.

If my biofuel production can keep pace I might consider building a bunch of Industrial Alvearies, but I want to build out a few more machine automation processes in LV and also set up automated end-to-end ore processing in 2 forks (ore washing vs thermal centrifuge for the most common ore types) using HV equipment first and see what my power drain is then.

End Bee's will spawn on asteroids through out the End, it's just that it's incredibly rare sense the spawn area is so tiny.

Also don't forget you can reset the End thru HEE, Temple Caller is a bit of a pain too find.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
The trick is to take previously-useless metals (such as, say, magnesium) and converting that into metallum.

So basically you're converting crappy metals into good ones. And there's plenty of useless GT metals kicking around. Huzzah!
Useless? Isn't magnesium the dust you combine with uranite dust in a chemical reactor to get uranium 238? :p GenDustry demands it!

I'm thinking more along the lines of tantalum for most useless metal. Ever since I started centrifuging lava from bee phosphor I get stacks of it.

Iron wand caps may still have a very high amount of metallum btw.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Useless? Isn't magnesium the dust you combine with uranite dust in a chemical reactor to get uranium 238? :p GenDustry demands it!

I'm thinking more along the lines of tantalum for most useless metal. Ever since I started centrifuging lava from bee phosphor I get stacks of it.

Iron wand caps may still have a very high amount of metallum btw.
I don't recall ever mixing magnesium to get u238 but my memory is shaky :p

Good tip on iron wand caps. I already feel like I'm cheating by getting 9-per-ingot by converting to nuggets tho!

Reactions: Fraction2