[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I don't recall ever mixing magnesium to get u238 but my memory is shaky :p

Good tip on iron wand caps. I already feel like I'm cheating by getting 9-per-ingot by converting to nuggets tho!
i think you can get small pieces of 238 from unimacerating red granite too ...

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I don't recall ever mixing magnesium to get u238 but my memory is shaky :p

Good tip on iron wand caps. I already feel like I'm cheating by getting 9-per-ingot by converting to nuggets tho!
It's either magnesium or maganese, can't recall which one. You can either put 4 uranite dust in an electrolyzer and get 1 uranium 238 dust and some useless gas, or you can chemical react the uranite dust with some overly abundant metal that isn't used for much else and get 1to1 ratio.

Maybe use magnetite dust and smelt it into iron nuggets and don't convert your iron ingots at all. Every single ingot of wrought iron I have used has been from magnetite dust-> iron nuggets->wrought iron nuggets->wrought iron ingots in a Production Table with autocrafting. I don't even bother with magnetite ore anymore now that I have a pigman gold farm (I had to start voiding gold ingots btw), but I had mined enough of it to supply me with wrought iron tools right up until i switched to tungsten steel tools a week or so ago.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
BOP worldgen in the nether, real smooth ...

Attachments

• 2015-04-06_14.08.59.png
    2015-04-06_14.08.59.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 100

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
well, when i remove bop's worldgen options (strip config down to false everywhere) i still get dirt and bloody plants there ... so im going to take an educated guess and say that this is bop's fault because ive never had it on packs without bop...

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Useless? Isn't magnesium the dust you combine with uranite dust in a chemical reactor to get uranium 238? :p GenDustry demands it!

I'm thinking more along the lines of tantalum for most useless metal. Ever since I started centrifuging lava from bee phosphor I get stacks of it.

Iron wand caps may still have a very high amount of metallum btw.

Yes, it's magnesium you combine with uraninite. I just think it's funny that Pyure is like, "Hey guys, look what I found!" when I've been telling him about thaumcraft transmutations for almost a year now :p
Welcome to the other half of the modpack, Pyure! :)

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having problems with railcraft tanks not visually updating their contents until you open the GUI? Tanks used to not update very often if you weren't looking, but now it seems they don't update at all.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes, it's magnesium you combine with uraninite. I just think it's funny that Pyure is like, "Hey guys, look what I found!" when I've been telling him about thaumcraft transmutations for almost a year now :p
Welcome to the other half of the modpack, Pyure! :)
Dammit I know, i just hate learning magic mods. I still use a cheat-web-app to get through the boring research. I'm a techie man!

Btw, to be fair I didn't say "check out this new thing", I phrased it like "I learned something everyone else knows, but here's an interesting lesser-known-GT-specific application (using useless metals)" :p

I'll still prefer to base-up with peeps who'll handle this crap for me ;)

Reactions: Grove

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get rubber w/o an extractor or centrifuge?

I'm thiiiis close to simply skipping the entire bronze age thanks to thaumcraft :p

And of course you can't skip the bronze age. That's literally why he removed the furnace recipe for resin -> rubber. You also can't skip steel in the bronze age, but as you've now discovered you CAN skip the BBF. Steel transmuting is a bit of a pain to automate, but it works well once you do. Be prepared to need TONS of glass though.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Just wait until you get into automagy and thaumic energistics. You can do some disgusting things with magic and tech combined.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
And of course you can't skip the bronze age. That's literally why he removed the furnace recipe for resin -> rubber. You also can't skip steel in the bronze age, but as you've now discovered you CAN skip the BBF. Steel transmuting is a bit of a pain to automate, but it works well once you do. Be prepared to need TONS of glass though.
Why do people keep saying glass for steel transmutation? It produces like Vitreous or something.

I'm breaking down chiseled stone and/or candleberries. They each produce 1 ordo + 1 voidable.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Because it's really hard to find good sources of ordos. Much easier to just use something that has an aspect made of ordos and break that down. Although with cheaty chisel getting chiseled stone is pretty easy-cakes. There's even an autochisel.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Because it's really hard to find good sources of ordos. Much easier to just use something that has an aspect made of ordos and break that down. Although with cheaty chisel getting chiseled stone is pretty easy-cakes. There's even an autochisel.
Hmm, according to the Internets you get 2 vitreous per glass, I guess that means 2 ordo then.

Don't I need to make a thaumcraft centrifuge to break it down? I don't think the alembics do that.

Glass would also be quicker since I can shovel-cook sand faster than I can mine-cook stone. Too bad I can't find a damn desert.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, according to the Internets you get 2 vitreous per glass, I guess that means 2 ordo then.

Don't I need to make a thaumcraft centrifuge to break it down? I don't think the alembics do that.

Glass would also be quicker since I can shovel-cook sand faster than I can mine-cook stone. Too bad I can't find a damn desert.

You need the centrifuge for it. I learned about it just some days ago. But you should really get it asap if you planning on using TC4 a lot. It makes your life so much easier.

What it does is taking 1 aspect and break it down in one of the aspects it’s made of. It more or less does this 50/50.

Once you get used to it you practically stop using hard to get materials for your infusion altar. You just take a easy item and break it down to what you need.

My TC4 house looks like a crazy professor lab. All over with random warded Jars half full of essencia ;)

Also take a look into Thaumic Tinker. There is way to autorepair all your stuf (-GT tools) with just using wood.

Reactions: Pyure