[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

QuiOui

Jul 29, 2019
There are essentia reservoirs that hold 256 of 4 different aspects in any combination of amounts, but only the truly deranged can acquire such magic.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hmmm... nope.

But in my experience two jars for every essentia is enough (hell... even one jar is enough)
I do a lot of alchemy. I can wipe out 6 jars in a matter of minutes if I'm replicating iron or something.

There are essentia reservoirs that hold 256 of 4 different aspects in any combination of amounts, but only the truly deranged can acquire such magic.
You mean that nasty forbidden knowledge stuff?

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I do a lot of alchemy. I can wipe out 6 jars in a matter of minutes if I'm replicating iron or something.

You mean that nasty forbidden knowledge stuff?

Thats exactly what he means, and also those blow up if they get hit or disturbed by anything :p

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
You can use a hungry node, just taint it first ... then jar it...
Disclaimer: You dont blame me if this fucks up your base @Dentvar :p

How do you taint them? I thoguht you just surround them with obsidian faster then he can suck you up. And then convert the obsidian with foci of equal trading into glass and rightclick as soon as lag let you do it to get it into the jar.

Prepare a obsidian Hull in your base or prepare a stabilizer and all “should” go good

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Guys..... I am going to share something that is probably normal but it was wierd and nasty experiance for me... I am just flying around in my LP world, looking for elusive potatoe and suddenly i hear ghast scream, and got hit by fireball. I Look around and I see 2 ghasts just having fun with some pigmens inside Phatasmagoric Inferno biome .... all of this in Overworld.

Reactions: sprAngles and Pyure

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
How do you taint them? I thoguht you just surround them with obsidian faster then he can suck you up. And then convert the obsidian with foci of equal trading into glass and rightclick as soon as lag let you do it to get it into the jar.

Prepare a obsidian Hull in your base or prepare a stabilizer and all “should” go good
To taint the hungry node you surround the area with silverleaf (to contain the taint) and then either bring in a tainted node or drop a vial of liquid taint. The hungry node will become tainted, but once you energize it it won't spread taint. Then you can move the now-tainted hungry node and then clean up the taint afterwards.

A Wand of Dislocation can also help with stabilizing and moving a hungry node. And don't forget about AE2 spacial IO if you want to move this back to your base without jarring it.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Update on server being hacked. Everything is gone including the automated backups on the host. We were on a cheap host and got what we paid for. Our most recent offsite backups are a month old. I was 1 or 2 days away from having a steady supply of Naquadah (bees) when it went down, which I guess is about as end-game as you can get in GT5. So we decided to just call it good and go enjoy spring/summer. This means I'm done with MC again for a while. Maybe I'll be back in the fall/winter for a go at InfiTech-R.

Thanks to everyone here for all your help and kindness. This is a great little community!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Update on server being hacked. Everything is gone including the automated backups on the host. We were on a cheap host and got what we paid for. Our most recent offsite backups are a month old. I was 1 or 2 days away from having a steady supply of Naquadah (bees) when it went down, which I guess is about as end-game as you can get in GT5. So we decided to just call it good and go enjoy spring/summer. This means I'm done with MC again for a while. Maybe I'll be back in the fall/winter for a go at InfiTech-R.

Thanks to everyone here for all your help and kindness. This is a great little community!
That is monstrously terrrible Dlur100, I'm so sorry to hear it.

Don't make any commitments to a long break I'd say. Enjoy a pause if you must, but starting a new world from scratch is always a blast too, especially since you get to learn from all the "mistakes" you made the first time around, or try something totally different :)

Reactions: Timeslice

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Guys..... I am going to share something that is probably normal but it was wierd and nasty experiance for me... I am just flying around in my LP world, looking for elusive potatoe and suddenly i hear ghast scream, and got hit by fireball. I Look around and I see 2 ghasts just having fun with some pigmens inside Phatasmagoric Inferno biome .... all of this in Overworld.

Thanks for proving my point in the IT:R convo, Jason :p

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Don't make any commitments to a long break I'd say. Enjoy a pause if you must, but starting a new world from scratch is always a blast too, especially since you get to learn from all the "mistakes" you made the first time around, or try something totally different :)
It's more-so that I've made a commitment to enjoying spring/summer more than I'm making a commitment to not playing MC. When I get into a game it consumes me and pretty much everything else in my life falls to the wayside. So usually spring/summer I take a break from the computer as much as possible and enjoy bicycling/hiking/camping/motorcycling/target shooting/etc before the cold MN winters come back and drive me back indoors.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
It's more-so that I've made a commitment to enjoying spring/summer more than I'm making a commitment to not playing MC. When I get into a game it consumes me and pretty much everything else in my life falls to the wayside. So usually spring/summer I take a break from the computer as much as possible and enjoy bicycling/hiking/camping/motorcycling/target shooting/etc before the cold MN winters come back and drive me back indoors.

Sorry that you lost your world. But if as you said is consumes you that much have a nice summer and enjoy all the stuff you left aside :)

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019

I had a whole rack of them (16ish), but I soon discovered Applied Energistics / Digisentia and quickly alchemized them for essentia which fed into a my stack of 6 Essentia Storage modules. I couldn't quite figure out how to make the reservoirs pipe in the stuff I wanted in an efficient fashion--always took a long damned time to feed essentia in or get it back out.