[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
The "small window" i believe is a battery gauge...
Well I've never seen this working or the Soartex texture pack broke it :/

So I'm able to see the current stored EU Ive set up a display panel from nuclear control, saves right clicking all the time and when ever I run around I can see how much I've got left. If it's dropping it normally means I'm out of steam...
At some point I'll automate steam so when it hits a certain level (below 50% in the tank) turn on the steel boiler ... Eventually.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well I've never seen this working or the Soartex texture pack broke it :/

So I'm able to see the current stored EU Ive set up a display panel from nuclear control, saves right clicking all the time and when ever I run around I can see how much I've got left. If it's dropping it normally means I'm out of steam...
At some point I'll automate steam so when it hits a certain level (below 50% in the tank) turn on the steel boiler ... Eventually.
If you can find my base you'll find an example; it took me forever to get it working right.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
If you can find my base you'll find an example; it took me forever to get it working right.
I have a waypoint set for it I think :D

I was thinking using a BC gate to give off a redstone signal when the tank capacity goes below 50% then have that turn on an EnderIO item conduit to the Steel boiler from my charcoal storage. Soon as it gets above 50% the signal will turn off and the remaining charcoal in the boiler will top up the boiler :D

In my head that 'should' work...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have a waypoint set for it I think :D

I was thinking using a BC gate to give off a redstone signal when the tank capacity goes below 50% then have that turn on an EnderIO item conduit to the Steel boiler from my charcoal storage. Soon as it gets above 50% the signal will turn off and the remaining charcoal in the boiler will top up the boiler :D

In my head that 'should' work...
Yeah that's what mine's doing atm. Make sure you use the ULV bus (1 slot) so that you don't have to burn through multiple stacks of fuel after it theoretically turns off.

Better solution: there's a cover you can put on the boiler control block that lets it flip on/off via redstone signal. I forget what its called, but you'll need to put it on the bottom face of that block.

Reactions: Grove

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that's what mine's doing atm. Make sure you use the ULV bus (1 slot) so that you don't have to burn through multiple stacks of fuel after it theoretically turns off.

Better solution: there's a cover you can put on the boiler control block that lets it flip on/off via redstone signal. I forget what its called, but you'll need to put it on the bottom face of that block.

That is a much better solution, I'll have a flick through the many pages in NEI see if I can find it, fingers crossed it's got the word 'cover' in its name! That seems like a much better was if doing it rather than flipping the enderIO conduits on/off.

I've currently got a LV bus on it with 4 slots and I agree it'll burn too much charcoal because that will be filled up completely.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That is a much better solution, I'll have a flick through the many pages in NEI see if I can find it, fingers crossed it's got the word 'cover' in its name! That seems like a much better was if doing it rather than flipping the enderIO conduits on/off.

I've currently got a LV bus on it with 4 slots and I agree it'll burn too much charcoal because that will be filled up completely.
http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Machine_Controller

I can tell @Blood Asp wrote that article :p

Reactions: Grove

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Also I've heard that AE power requirements can get stupid now, so what's the best way to store items? Is it still in 1 - 64k modules? Can you interface Jabba barrels with an AE network?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also I've heard that AE power requirements can get stupid now, so what's the best way to store items? Is it still in 1 - 64k modules? Can you interface Jabba barrels with an AE network?
I'm not sure what the best way is. There's so many resources in this pack its hard to do it with Jabba, but yeah that's what I did to a large extent. Again see my base, you'll need to have some comfort with AE2 channels and p2p tunnels though.

Another thing you can do to "work the system" a bit is to only toggle the network on when its needed. If you use it mostly for autocrafting and storage, you can sometimes simply arrange it so that when you approach, say, a crafting monitor, the system switches on. You can also get clever and ensure it stays on while its autocrafting by judicious use of BC Gates and wireless redstone signals.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
They're from thaumic tinkerer, there is one type of crop for each aspect and each aspect gives a different reward. They've also got a somewhat complex stat system which is needed to get rewards from them in decent amounts, a max speed crop grows about 250x faster then a default crop after all. The growth is quadratic too so you need to basically max stats as those last few points are worth much more then the first few. I've just made a list of all possible outputs, just search for what aspect you want to check and it will have a list of what items you can get right below it including how many you get and the weight of getting that item. Weight is fairly simple, if you have one result with 5 weight, one with 10, and one with 2, you'd have 5/17 of getting the first item, 10/17 of the second, and 2/17 of the third when harvesting. Be warned that because of Greg adding a gajillion items for every material this list is much, much longer then it normally is. Anyway here is the list, I'm not 100% certain of some things on it and without making a server to be able to enter long commands I can't test, mostly it's bestia I'm not sure on.

I've used infused crops to an extent--mostly for the diamond generation. I've found that the unnamed saplings that are produced can crash my client and/or the server and that the bulk of the metallum output just takes up space until I can feed it into the arc furnace. So, I avoid both the sapling-generating seeds and the metallum seeds; but otherwise its pretty nice to have.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019

I tend to prefer better barrels with a storage bus to store large numbers of the same item (iron ingots for example--my iron golem mob summoning tablet produces 3 ingots / minute--we're up to 174K last I checked). And I put interfaces & devices I don't use all the time on a toggle bus, to save power. Although we recently implemented a stack of geothermal generators using lava pumped from the nether (via a system of fluid tanks, relocator pipes, buckets, and magic mirrors), so we're good on power, now.

I use 1K, 4K, and 16K storage modules for everything else, including fluids and essentia. Haven't had a need for a 64K, yet.

Last edited:

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what the best way is. There's so many resources in this pack its hard to do it with Jabba, but yeah that's what I did to a large extent. Again see my base, you'll need to have some comfort with AE2 channels and p2p tunnels though.

Another thing you can do to "work the system" a bit is to only toggle the network on when its needed. If you use it mostly for autocrafting and storage, you can sometimes simply arrange it so that when you approach, say, a crafting monitor, the system switches on. You can also get clever and ensure it stays on while its autocrafting by judicious use of BC Gates and wireless redstone signals.
I tend to prefer better barrels with a storage bus to store large numbers of the same item (iron ingots for example--my iron golem mob summoning tablet produces 3 ingots / second--we're up to 174K last I checked). And I put interfaces & devices I don't use all the time on a toggle bus, to save power. Although we recently implemented a stack of geothermal generators using lava pumped from the nether (via a system of fluid tanks, relocator pipes, and buckets), so we're good on power, now.

I use 1K, 4K, and 16K storage modules for everything else, including fluids and essentia. Haven't had a need for a 64K, yet.
Ahh I'll try those p2p tunnels when I get home. I don't know if you've seen my base recently but it's a mess... Just a madness of chests everywhere I really need to invest in more Jabba barrels especially if it'll help with an AE Network

Reactions: Pyure

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
How am I supposed to get Silicion? Can´t find it in NEI. Only silicon Ore but I don´t know were this could be found.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How am I supposed to get Silicion? Can´t find it in NEI. Only silicon Ore but I don´t know were this could be found.
Are you spelling it correctly? (There's no third "I")

Sources include anything with sand in it, typically glass, sand, flint, that sort of thing. It usually needs to be extracted via electrolysis iirc.

Reactions: Dentvar

Medicant

Jul 29, 2019
Great find... You have found where the issue is... and I am providing a solution for IC2 crops: Update MalisisCore: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/223896-malisiscore/files

Confirming that It works gloriously with malisiscore updated

BEsVBHm.png

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Are you spelling it correctly? (There's no third "I")

Sources include anything with sand in it, typically glass, sand, flint, that sort of thing. It usually needs to be extracted via electrolysis iirc.

SIlicon yes :) wrote it wrong here.

NEI just does not show anything for Ender IO silicion so I thoguht there is just the GT one.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
SIlicon yes :) wrote it wrong here.

NEI just does not show anything for Ender IO silicion so I thoguht there is just the GT one.
Oh we removed the enderio version because it was too easy to get, iirc.

All recipes that needed the enderio version should now use the GT version. I think. :p