[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Ok, so I've made a Simple Coal Boiler, what machine should I make next? (no diamonds yet, no I can't make a macerator)

QuiOui

Jul 29, 2019
If you make an alloy smelter you can get 4 bronze instead of 3 so that's a nice way to save on bronze which you'll need a ton of later. Forge hammer helps save some resources for making plates since you don't use up durability on a hammer. Compressor would be useful to make industrial diamonds if you have another way to grind coal dust. Furnaces should be able to smelt about 21 things if your boiler is going at max efficiency, so that's ~2.5x usage per (char)coal.

Thinking about it, maybe the next thing should be a sound muffler. ;)

I'm still in late bronze/starting electricity and just recently realized how easy it is to make enderio fluid conduits. They've a pretty good transfer rate if you need a pipe that auto pulls from something such as a railcraft tank.

Last edited:

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
If you make an alloy smelter you can get 4 bronze instead of 3 so that's a nice way to save on bronze which you'll need a ton of later. Forge hammer helps save some resources for making plates since you don't use up durability on a hammer. Compressor would be useful to make industrial diamonds if you have another way to grind coal dust. Furnaces should be able to smelt about 21 things if your boiler is going at max efficiency, so that's ~2.5x usage per (char)coal.

Thinking about it, maybe the next thing should be a sound muffler. ;)

I'm still in late bronze/starting electricity and just recently realized how easy it is to make enderio fluid conduits. They've pretty good transfer rate if you need a pipe that auto pulls from something such as a railcraft tank.

Thanks a bunch!

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Macerator achieved! Then I find out things should be macerated twice in order to get an ingot during smelting....

fuuuuuuuu.png

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Macerator achieved! Then I find out things should be macerated twice in order to get an ingot during smelting....

View attachment 17776
there are alternatives to that slow macerator.

You can use a hammer on the crushed ore, or if you dont like going through hammers you can make a forge hammer (steam or electric). They hammer the crushed ores into dusts way, way faster than the macerator.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, I'm a thaum-newbie. I wanna capture some nodes so I'm not traipsing all over the universe to recharge my wands.

Can I get some basic tips on what I should research/build for this? Will I need to do infusion stuff which I've avoided so far?
The other alternative is silverwood, as mentioned you can use a thaumium grafter to make silverwood saplings easily renewable. Silverwood also has a chance of spawning a node when growing, it's nearly always pretty small but you can easily get tons of them and many small nodes > few big nodes for recharge speed. The thaumium grafter is unlocked after researching the thaumium scoop in the bees section by the way.

Also bug report! When you fixed chests you didn't fix either barrels or trash bin things from XU, consequently they still have the rogue metallum and lucrum.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
there are alternatives to that slow macerator.

You can use a hammer on the crushed ore, or if you dont like going through hammers you can make a forge hammer (steam or electric). They hammer the crushed ores into dusts way, way faster than the macerator.

Yeah, I did use the hammer, but I think I'll make a Forge Hammer next.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Did anyone played around with the Lamp of Fertility already? The Description is very clear but I wonder if 1 Lamp is able to keep count of different Animal types.

So I can lay down one area for Cows and Sheeps and the Lamp will detect automatically if there are more than 7 animals of each type or does he only count the total of neutral mobs in the area?

Edit: Replace Lamp of Fertility with the golem that does kill the animals.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Did anyone played around with the Lamp of Fertility already? The Description is very clear but I wonder if 1 Lamp is able to keep count of different Animal types.

So I can lay down one area for Cows and Sheeps and the Lamp will detect automatically if there are more than 7 animals of each type or does he only count the total of neutral mobs in the area?

Edit: Replace Lamp of Fertility with the golem that does kill the animals.

I've used lamp of fertility inside of a fenced-in animal pasture; they wander in and out, breeding if they haven't done so recently. I've observed both chickens and cows reproducing simultaneously, but I'm not certain if it accurately tracks each animal breed or not.

Once I gained access to the mob summoning tablet, however, it became much easier--mob summoning tablet for each animal I need to farm, a butcher golem to slaughter them and a gather golem to drop stuff into the magic mirror via the item grate (and from there, feeding into the ME network).

I've noticed that there's a signum-something-or-other than can keep track of animal counts and emit redstone signals, although I've never bothered with it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thaumcraft noob question again.

When setting up the infusion altar, do the warded jars themselves need to be laid out in any kind of symmetrical fashion to mitigate stability concerns? Or could I just have a single wall off to one side filled with jars if I wanted?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Thaumcraft noob question again.

When setting up the infusion altar, do the warded jars themselves need to be laid out in any kind of symmetrical fashion to mitigate stability concerns? Or could I just have a single wall off to one side filled with jars if I wanted?

The warded jars don't, at least not in my experience. Any candles/skulls should be though.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well I had instability bigtime but I made an osmotic enchanter.

I had a 9x9 grid of white tallow candles below it, surprised that didn't mitigate all instability :\

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys im not sure if this problem has been answered before, but i just started up a server with the most recent server download (i think) and 2.1.9, yet its not working. it says: Mod Rejections [FMLMod:logistic pipes,FMLMod:forge microblocks, etc. and im not sure whats causing the problem. is there a special server version for use with multiplayer?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
hey guys im not sure if this problem has been answered before, but i just started up a server with the most recent server download (i think) and 2.1.9, yet its not working. it says: Mod Rejections [FMLMod:logistic pipes,FMLMod:forge microblocks, etc. and im not sure whats causing the problem. is there a special server version for use with multiplayer?

Redownload the server, redownload your client, make sure neither are modified (some config options may cause problems).

If the problem persists, delete your entire installation (obvious backup your saves and configs), and try again.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Well I had instability bigtime but I made an osmotic enchanter.

I had a 9x9 grid of white tallow candles below it, surprised that didn't mitigate all instability :\

I think a 13x13 of skulls is the best, not sure though.

QuiOui

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been wondering how you are supposed to create eyes of ender when you can't use regular ender pearls and the enchanted looking ones don't seem to have a recipe. Any idea how I'd locate the end other than just lots of tunneling?

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been wondering how you are supposed to create eyes of ender when you can't use regular ender pearls and the enchanted looking ones don't seem to have a recipe. Any idea how I'd locate the end other than just lots of tunneling?

Ender pearls + blaze powder in chemical reactor.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
Redownload the server, redownload your client, make sure neither are modified (some config options may cause problems).

If the problem persists, delete your entire installation (obvious backup your saves and configs), and try again.

i did that, even delete my entire installation (deleted infitech 2 folder in FTB folder, deleted all the contents of the server folder, etc.) and its still not working, same error. is it something to do with server.properties? or maybe mod configs? does thaumcraft cheat sheet enable effect it?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
i did that, even delete my entire installation (deleted infitech 2 folder in FTB folder, deleted all the contents of the server folder, etc.) and its still not working, same error. is it something to do with server.properties? or maybe mod configs? does thaumcraft cheat sheet enable effect it?

Hmm...Check those mods in both the server and the client to make sure they are the same version, post your log on pastebin.com and link it here (both fml.log in your minecraft path and your ftb launcher log)