[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I guess bigger is better.

Thats what she said ;)

Also remember that you do a 17x17 one, or any other shape, leave the middel one blank. Since this one would have no dublicate on the other sides.
Also remember that if you put a candel left you HAVE to put a one top, right, bot also. It does always watch X and Z axis.

and if you do not like how it looks, just put a level below or above of the altar a 1 space room and fill it out with candels.

Reactions: Pyure

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
im not sure if this is just for me or not, but for some reason i cant macerate iron ore. i have a steam macerator, powered by working boiler. it can grind cobblestone and gravel fine, but theres no recipe for GT iron ore in macerator? and yet there is still one for iron ore in AE grindstone. is this bug? do i need to enable custom recipes?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
im not sure if this is just for me or not, but for some reason i cant macerate iron ore. i have a steam macerator, powered by working boiler. it can grind cobblestone and gravel fine, but theres no recipe for GT iron ore in macerator? and yet there is still one for iron ore in AE grindstone. is this bug? do i need to enable custom recipes?

Do other ores grind? And restart the game completely. Make sure it has sufficient steam as well.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
Do other ores grind? And restart the game completely. Make sure it has sufficient steam as well.
it seems to work with some ores, but not with some others. like for glaucomite or whatever its called, theres a recipe for, but for GT iron and copper ore, no recipe. it grinds fine, its just not a recipe ingame. it only happened after i updated from 2.1.8.10 (i think) to 2.1.9 that i realized and noticed the bug.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
it seems to work with some ores, but not with some others. like for glaucomite or whatever its called, theres a recipe for, but for GT iron and copper ore, no recipe. it grinds fine, its just not a recipe ingame. it only happened after i updated from 2.1.8.10 (i think) to 2.1.9 that i realized and noticed the bug.

I'm on 2.1.9, I've had no problem with copper and iron ore (from GT) in the steam macerator. Also, what customization have you done with your pack?

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on 2.1.9, I've had no problem with copper and iron ore (from GT) in the steam macerator. Also, what customization have you done with your pack?
none, i dont think. just updated from 2.1.8, or maybe it was 2.1.8.10, and this bug appeared. even wierd, i think i remember that earlier on, i could macerate copper ore just fine, but i may have started the game again since then. i proably did, so maybe i just need to restart to fix it? i will try that and see if it works.Edit:restarting seems to have fixed it.

Last edited:

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
none, i dont think. just updated from 2.1.8, or maybe it was 2.1.8.10, and this bug appeared. even wierd, i think i remember that earlier on, i could macerate copper ore just fine, but i may have started the game again since then. i proably did, so maybe i just need to restart to fix it? i will try that and see if it works.Edit:restarting seems to have fixed it.

Hmm...some recipes have occasionally disappeared for me, then restarting fixed it. Bug?

EDIT: This happened again. I play for a while, then I couldn't craft things with oak wood. Restarting fixes it.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Are high pressure steam machines worth their steel cost? Or should I go directly for electric?
I dont really know anyone who's ever made the high pressure machines. You're better off making more low pressure machines if you need more capacity. Save your steel for electric.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thaumnoob time:

According to the thauminatrix (coined), the thaumic restorer uses instrumentum as fuel. But when I mouseover the restorer, it says perditio. (It does seem to repair things with instrumentum). Sup?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Thaumnoob time:

According to the thauminatrix (coined), the thaumic restorer uses instrumentum as fuel. But when I mouseover the restorer, it says perditio. (It does seem to repair things with instrumentum). Sup?

Probably a bug. Report wherever Azanor wants them reported.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I dont really know anyone who's ever made the high pressure machines. You're better off making more low pressure machines if you need more capacity. Save your steel for electric.

Yes, I think I will. Is there any benefit to them at all?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I only made the high pressure machines as I used thaumcraft to get steel so it was actually easier for me to use them. Just as a note showing there are good reasons for them, although from experience stick to the low pressure alloy smelter, it consumes the most steam so the high pressure version gave me a ton of issues as I used conduits so I could have a steam buffer and the basic kind can't keep up.
As far as I can tell it uses perditio to represent how broken the tool is, it represents entropy and damage and whatnot so it representing how damaged the tool is makes sense. I've never tested to see if it's the number of instrumentum needed but it seems likely.
Is there any way to speed up the alchemical furnace + alembic other than using alumentum?
I find the buffer constantly backs up.
Nope, it's unfortunate but there isn't a way of actually getting the essentia out faster then using alumentum. At least nothing I've ever found, you can use bellows on the furnace to make it burn faster but without higher extract rate that's pretty useless. The advanced alchemical furnace is much faster but it's very endgame thaumcraft so likely useless for you.

Reactions: Pyure

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumnoob time:

Just wanted to confirm what @Xavion just said. Perdito is used to show how broken a tool is. But it uses Fabrico to repair. A lot of Fabrico :)

My problem is not the time it takes to be suck out, but the complicated way to get it into the according Jar :( Or I´m just to stupid to set up something nice. I think second is very possible :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I only made the high pressure machines as I used thaumcraft to get steel so it was actually easier for me to use them. Just as a note showing there are good reasons for them, although from experience stick to the low pressure alloy smelter, it consumes the most steam so the high pressure version gave me a ton of issues as I used conduits so I could have a steam buffer and the basic kind can't keep up.

As far as I can tell it uses perditio to represent how broken the tool is, it represents entropy and damage and whatnot so it representing how damaged the tool is makes sense. I've never tested to see if it's the number of instrumentum needed but it seems likely.

Nope, it's unfortunate but there isn't a way of actually getting the essentia out faster then using alumentum. At least nothing I've ever found, you can use bellows on the furnace to make it burn faster but without higher extract rate that's pretty useless. The advanced alchemical furnace is much faster but it's very endgame thaumcraft so likely useless for you.
Now that you mentioned it, I'm also using my steel a bit more frivolously than I normally would. But I guess I'm still tight with fuel, so I dunno if I'd bother with the inefficient versions.

I didn't know this advanced alchemical furnace was a thing, interesting. Is it locked behind forbidden knowledge somewhere?