[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know this advanced alchemical furnace was a thing, interesting. Is it locked behind forbidden knowledge somewhere?

Yep, it requires items you get from the special thaumcraft dimension which is itself locked behind the eldritch research tree which needs a bunch of warp to gain access to.

As far as fuel consumption goes it's really not that bad, although I suppose if you're not using charcoal it could very easily be a bit annoying. I've just got one coke oven feeding into a high pressure boiler and it voids most of the steam it makes but it's still enough for my usage even into the start of LV. Need a better solution but haven't got one going yet, I've got the parts for a railcraft boiler but need the charcoal to supply it. That and I've looked at buildcraft for automating things, need millions of RF to actually do it though due to the high energy costs of the assembly table.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yep, it requires items you get from the special thaumcraft dimension which is itself locked behind the eldritch research tree which needs a bunch of warp to gain access to.

As far as fuel consumption goes it's really not that bad, although I suppose if you're not using charcoal it could very easily be a bit annoying. I've just got one coke oven feeding into a high pressure boiler and it voids most of the steam it makes but it's still enough for my usage even into the start of LV. Need a better solution but haven't got one going yet, I've got the parts for a railcraft boiler but need the charcoal to supply it. That and I've looked at buildcraft for automating things, need millions of RF to actually do it though due to the high energy costs of the assembly table.
Ah ok, makes sense. I'm totally never going to get there since a) I avoid all forbidden things, and b) I probably can't do the eldritch research tree in peaceful mode (just a guess).

Interesting: since this is my first TC swing at Infitech, I'm doing a whole pile of things differently. One thing is that I only have two coke ovens (and 1 is almost perpetually inactive). I only have one RC boiler: an 8LP, and its almost always inactive too.

Most of my power is going to come from IC2 Biomass (cuz I haven't done it before) and perhaps something burning alumentum.

For the first time ever: No railcraft steam reservoir at all. Hardest decision I've ever made, although I see you're doing the same (since you're voiding steam)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
In theory you should still be able to do the research, you just won't be able to access the dimension as it requires mob loot to get to, that and you'd need it to not be peaceful to fight the bosses.

I've been peering at biomass/biofuel as an option, hadn't known there was an ic2 version though as I was looking at the forestry one. As for a steam reservoir it's more that it's on the plans, I've got one drum acting as a buffer currently, although I suspect it will never really be useful I do have a tendency to overdo things by a not inconsiderable amount. It's when I increase my energy production, currently I've just got one LV turbine which regularly runs into issues with not having enough steam to run. I just have the coke oven plugged straight into the boiler so it produces vastly more steam then my intermittent usage requires, then again I'm also up to a few drums of creosote sitting around, I plan to use them for rails though once I get enough RF and EU to make them at decent speeds without stopping every few. I actually used a tunnel bore from railcraft for the first time in this world, it's actually pretty good for GT due to the fact it creates a long tunnel with rails along it for faster travel, I found a few useful veins just in the first couple of hundred blocks.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In theory you should still be able to do the research, you just won't be able to access the dimension as it requires mob loot to get to, that and you'd need it to not be peaceful to fight the bosses.

I've been peering at biomass/biofuel as an option, hadn't known there was an ic2 version though as I was looking at the forestry one. As for a steam reservoir it's more that it's on the plans, I've got one drum acting as a buffer currently, although I suspect it will never really be useful I do have a tendency to overdo things by a not inconsiderable amount. It's when I increase my energy production, currently I've just got one LV turbine which regularly runs into issues with not having enough steam to run. I just have the coke oven plugged straight into the boiler so it produces vastly more steam then my intermittent usage requires, then again I'm also up to a few drums of creosote sitting around, I plan to use them for rails though once I get enough RF and EU to make them at decent speeds without stopping every few. I actually used a tunnel bore from railcraft for the first time in this world, it's actually pretty good for GT due to the fact it creates a long tunnel with rails along it for faster travel, I found a few useful veins just in the first couple of hundred blocks.
I've done forestry biofuel to death, so I've been meaning to try out the ic2 version for a while. Its interesting, but a bit static: with forestry there's several factors driving your ultimate net gain in energy (or lack thereof), whereas with IC2, its always something like 100 energy in, 133 energy out or some such.

Railcraft tunnel bore can be a bit finnicky to get running but its neat in this pack for sure. If you hate thaumcraft, it also makes a mundane man's arcane bore, albeit with considerably higher fuel/infrastructure costs and a narrower tunnel.

I've actually got a bunch of rails kicking around purely from exploration. Maybe I'll start up a bore just for mineral exploration. (If I can figure out how to link a chunkloader cart, and if those still exist)

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
In light of continuing internet issues, i started a ssp world again (at least until i get out to cold lake to get a new router) ive actually avoided using coking ovens this time, jumped straight into enderio and have this little charcoal burner making fuel for me, still in the bronze age as ive been doing alot of building instead of technology - i had everything crammed into a 9x9 wooden hut - for the time being ive actually been using buildcraft tanks to buffer steam, not spending any of my precious metal that way :p

And yes, @Pyure they do still exist "Anchor Cart"

I would also like to add, that drums are a lifesaver and ill be using them alot more on this world.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I would also like to add, that drums are a lifesaver and ill be using them alot more on this world.
I hate myself every time I use drums.

Me and Miguk had a day-long debate once on putting them in our base cuz it offends all my gods that you can fit so much liquid into one block :p*

That said....once I start electrolyzing stuff and I have hydrogen and oxygen and mercury flying everywhere, oh, you better bet there'll be many the drum in my base that day.

* edit: I think technically we were debating the bedrockium version which is just absurd :p But point stands.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Major letdown: I saw something in my thauminomicon called an Alchemical Boiler ( I think). I was all geared up to produce steam with random essentias! Nope, it reduces liquids to aspects like an Alchemical Furnace.

I wonder: are there any interesting liquid sources of aspects?

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
I like drums because there easy to move around and hold a bunch, makes it a lot easier when your getting around oxygen too make Annealed Copper/Steel in the EBF

(I dont' really like Greg's pipe system it just seems so basic compared to other system.)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Guys I need help. I really suck at Redstone logic... I try to check if my inventory in a furnace is full and then send a redstone signale depending in this.
I´m 60 mins in the test world allready and I think the answer is right infront of me but I´m just to stupid to see it.
Here what I have:

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Acctually if I manage to make the timer output during 10s instead of only output every 10s I¨m happy.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The only thing I hate about GT pipes is how annoying it is to build the covers that make them "work". If I make a pressurized fluid pipe, it already does everything, whereas with GT I need to create redstone covers, 1-direction covers, extraction covers...they're expensive and time consuming to make.

Reactions: gallowglass

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
OK nice... I was happy that I finnaly found a way to transport my items. Go back to the server and BOOM. forgot that raid on GT cables make them explode....
All my first 32V maschines wen´t boom. 10 machines + CESU+ 4 Basic steam turbines.
GG I´m dont with GT

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder: are there any interesting liquid sources of aspects?
I use water as a source for aqua, by far the easiest and fastest way of acquiring it as it produces nothing else and is incredibly cheap. Other than that though no, as far as I can tell only four other liquids work in it, lava, mushroom soup, vishroom soup, and ender goo. None of them really produce anything that nice though, lava only gives ignis and terra which are generally much easier to obtain elsewhere, mushroom soup and vishroom soup give near identical aspects to their bowl form and you need to make that to get the fluid anyway, ender goo gives venenum and vitium so I suppose if you were for some reason running low on those you could do it, the main advantage is you get to keep the bucket for it.

Reactions: Pyure

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
OK nice... I was happy that I finnaly found a way to transport my items. Go back to the server and BOOM. forgot that raid on GT cables make them explode....
All my first 32V maschines wen´t boom. 10 machines + CESU+ 4 Basic steam turbines.
GG I´m dont with GT

Ask @MigukNamja to rollback the server to a previous backup.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
GG I´m dont with GT
raid?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Rain -_-
Asked Migu to ether cheat me my machines when he is online or rollback.
I realy do not understand that game design. GT is hard enough and I enjoyit. But making all boom just for 1 moment of unawareness I just do not understand that. But maybe its me the strange guy.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Rain -_-
Asked Migu to ether cheat me my machines when he is online or rollback.
I realy do not understand that game design. GT is hard enough and I enjoyit. But making all boom just for 1 moment of unawareness I just do not understand that. But maybe its me the strange guy.

I wish id taken a screenshot of it, but the only time ive ever seen him swear in server chat was about a month and a half ago, id just visited his underground column - bade my farewell (having learned much in my visit) and just as i take off, there is a huge lag spike ...
"Shit!"
"What the hell just happened?"
"wrong voltages"

Sure enough ... i looked back down into the glass opening and there was a huge crater, he had blown up EVERYTHING save for his turbine and alvearies, at which point he politely asked me to log out so he could roll back the server to a backup it made a moment earlier.:rolleyes:

Reactions: MigukNamja