[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My cat makes 90% of my minecraft related decisions for me. Earlier this morning I couldn't decide which bee species to breed next. So I found 2 cardboard boxes and wrote Iridium on one and Uranium238 on the other. My cat laid down in the Iridium box so, iridium bees it is!
There's a joke here somewhere, lets see.

Assuming you're using a radioactive isotope of iridium (wikipedia suggests IR192, thanks wikipedia), then if your cat lays down in a box, and you close the box, then after an atom of iridium/uranium238 decays, then your cat may or may not have transformed into a bee, and you won't know until you open the box?

Something like that.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Man I can't wait to see everyone's surprise when we announce we're replacing gregtech with dartcraft.
This is actually not true... i am not that stupid :D
But yeah, Jason's going nuts with the new version. Now if only we can get the EE3/XyCraft integration working...

Pyure.... You know that I said that Infitech Reloaded materials should not be discussed outside of the private conversation circle, excatly because ppl will start b*tching about it and I am getting tired of lot of people just whining: "why that, why not that" or "this is idiotic" etc.... So please.... IT:R discussion of pre-alpha testing doesnt belong to public I thought you learned that the last time on our forum (there it was easy, because I could just delete it, but I am not a moderator on FTB forums)....

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This is actually not true... i am not that stupid :D

Pyure.... You know that I said that Infitech Reloaded materials should not be discussed outside of the private conversation circle, excatly because ppl will start b*tching about it and I am getting tired of lot of people just whining: "why that, why not that" or "this is idiotic" etc.... So please.... IT:R discussion of pre-alpha testing doesnt belong to public I thought you learned that the last time on our forum (there it was easy, because I could just delete it, but I am not a moderator on FTB forums)....
i...think you're joking? :p

Fortunately I didn't mention reloaded or anything sensibly legitimate.

Anyway, moving on, I hear Jason's also planning on adding his own open-source overhaul of Forge to whatever project he's working on, since the current FML issues are driving everyone nuts.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
PS BY MY CLOCK I am legally entitled to massive quantities of total assitude for the next 9+ hours. Sucks to be everybody else?

upload_2015-4-1_14-40-53.png

Reactions: Elec332

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
i...think you're joking? :p

Fortunately I didn't mention reloaded or anything sensibly legitimate.

Anyway, moving on, I hear Jason's also planning on adding his own open-source overhaul of Forge to whatever project he's working on, since the current FML issues are driving everyone nuts.
Well just few posts above you I announced that IT2 dev is done and everyone knows that I am working on IT:R.. So everyone clever in here will figure out, that you just either said totall bullshit, or its going to happen in IT:R

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
1) Its april fools
2) Nobody takes Dartcraft and Xycraft and EE3 in your modpacks seriously
3) I never attached my comment explicitly to yours, AND I further detached my comment from yours by saying I had no say in the matter
4) I've never been warned/reprimanded/etc regarding disclosure of information, I take that shit seriously.
Therefore, if any of that is still a concern,
5) shove it?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
1) Its april fools
2) Nobody takes Dartcraft and Xycraft and EE3 in your modpacks seriously
3) I never attached my comment explicitly to yours, AND I further detached my comment from yours by saying I had no say in the matter
4) I've never been warned/reprimanded/etc regarding disclosure of information, I take that shit seriously.
Therefore, if any of that is still a concern,
5) shove it?
1) I know
2) I know
3) I know
4) I know
5) Pff

Summary: I mostly know that I don't know.

Reactions: Padfoote and Pyure

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
1) I know
2) I know
3) I know
4) I know
5) Pff

Summary: I mostly know that I don't know.

Dunno what the hell you talking about...

but I know better *kappa*

*edit: tomorow I have bank holliday and you better don´tell the kids what I drank today :)
Had get up with the irsh guys here. :)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
What? Crap. I thought I had 2 more hours.
And it's 1:40PM on April second here and I still have to deal with all the junk from April first screwing up everything it feels like, timezones are nasty things. The noon rule is mostly meaningless though, particularly on the internet. I'm just hoping that within the next few hours it ticks past April first well enough that infitech becomes playable again and I can start using more websites without horrific css screwing them up.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Did you guys get the GregTech texture troll? Greg left the code for the April 1st texture replacement, but he forgot to put in the "troll.png" from last year, and it only worked as a missing texture for some items. Major fail on Greg.

NedStar

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having some massive lag TPS issues in relation to The Nether in 2.1.7? I'm not quite sure whats causing it, but ever since 2.1.7 going into the nether causes the TPS to drop massively and the server starts leaking memory.
I've already tried deleting the nether but the exact same thing occurs on a freshly generated nether. I've not yet tried it in a new overworld but seeing as my overworld TPS is steady at all times until someone enters the nether I'm a bit baffled what could be causing it.

The overworld sits at a happy 20ms update time while a freshly generated nether goes up to 150ms. The overall reponse time drops to 134ms with a 7.41 TPS. If nobody goes in the nether it all sits happily at sub 20ms and 20TPS.
The worst thing being that even if I destroy all the nether gates, the lag stays there until I reboot the server.

Taking a look with opis I couldnt find the culprit either.

Many thanks in advance.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having some massive lag TPS issues in relation to The Nether in 2.1.7? I'm not quite sure whats causing it, but ever since 2.1.7 going into the nether causes the TPS to drop massively and the server starts leaking memory.
I've already tried deleting the nether but the exact same thing occurs on a freshly generated nether. I've not yet tried it in a new overworld but seeing as my overworld TPS is steady at all times until someone enters the nether I'm a bit baffled what could be causing it.

The overworld sits at a happy 20ms update time while a freshly generated nether goes up to 150ms. The overall reponse time drops to 134ms with a 7.41 TPS. If nobody goes in the nether it all sits happily at sub 20ms and 20TPS.
The worst thing being that even if I destroy all the nether gates, the lag stays there until I reboot the server.

Taking a look with opis I couldnt find the culprit either.

Many thanks in advance.
Chunks. Generation. Lava. GT tile entity ores. Beehives. Lag!

Either you just got to the Nether in 2.1.7, or there's something wrong with 2.1.7. There was barely anything done in the last 2 updates, too. All that was done was mod updates. Just AFK in the nether for a few minutes.

EDIT: "destroy all the nether gates"? The heck would that do? That would just make your players unavailable to the Nether, not the actual game.

NedStar

Jul 29, 2019
I've been to the nether pre 2.1.7 without issues. The reason I destroyed the nether gates was because there are chunk loaders in the overworld close to the nether gate. I didn't expect that to cause the chunks to constantly load but it did.
I'm well aware that the nether is notorious for causing lag with lava. But when visiting a freshly generated nether world for a few minutes causes more lag then 3-4 steam boilers, 2 tree farms, 20 or so alvearies and all sorts of other automation in the overworld. Then yes, there is a problem. Note. I'm not saying the problem is with the mod pack, more likely to be some weird fluke in my world. I'm just asking if anyone else has had a similar problem with the latest update.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've been to the nether pre 2.1.7 without issues. The reason I destroyed the nether gates was because there are chunk loaders in the overworld close to the nether gate. I didn't expect that to cause the chunks to constantly load but it did.
I'm well aware that the nether is notorious for causing lag with lava. But when visiting a freshly generated nether world for a few minutes causes more lag then 3-4 steam boilers, 2 tree farms, 20 or so alvearies and all sorts of other automation in the overworld. Then yes, there is a problem. Note. I'm not saying the problem is with the mod pack, more likely to be some weird fluke in my world. I'm just asking if anyone else has had a similar problem with the latest update.
We had a problem on the public server once when people started suddenly getting 1fps in the nether. You could temporarily "fix" it by logging out and back in, and then a few seconds later it would start up again.

We tried several things, such as destroying any mob-spawner-rooms we had setup, and nothing fixed the problem, so ultimately we had to destroy the nether dimension itself. (which just sounds cool but boiled down to deleting the file)

Reactions: Grove

NedStar

Jul 29, 2019
I seem able to reproduce the problem on a fresh world.

Steps to reproduce.

Go through the nethergate, wait a minute or so. Now go back through the gate into the overworld. The nether TPS now starts dropping rapidly causing massive lag. Easily noticeable by blocks re-spawning upon trying to break em.
I've been measuring this with /cofh tps and /opis tps. Seeing as the problem happens on a fresh world on my client the problem is unrelated to my server.
I'll have a go at testing 2.1.6 right now to see if that gives similar problems.

Edit*

2.1.6 works fine, I've been unable to produce the problem on this version using a map that is giving problems on 2.1.7+.
Switching back from 2.1.6 to 2.1.7+ makes the problems instantly come back.

I'm not really getting any errors nor am I a minecraft wizard. Hopefully these reproduction steps allows someone to pinpoint the problem. For now you might wanna stick with 2.1.6 or disable the nether.

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I had issues with PneumaticCraft (PC) in the Nether. There was a massive number of Helium plants on the ceiling. I had to use MCEdit to recover my Nether to a usable state. It took about 10 hours to eventually arrive at that conclusion/fix.

I entered a bug submission on the author's issue tracker, but he (she ?) was confused by it (couldn't reproduce it) and didn't/couldn't fix it.

I ended up disabling PC and haven't run it on any of my servers since.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
^ had a similar issue in earlier versions of the pack, i believe this is why jason was asked to disable spreading of PC plants.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I'd also check to make sure nobody chunk loaded a nether fortress. I may have done something this dumb on our server. There may have been wither skeletons suffocating in the walls because there were so many. There may have been over 9000 wither skeleton skull entities dropped on the ground and exponentially more bones and coal. There was definitely lag.