[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
A few tips for Ender Pearls in this pack:

1. If you can find the eIO "The Ender" sword, always use it on Endermen. Go to a flat place with few trees (ex. Desert Biome), wait for night, then attack Endermen from a shelter. You can build yourself a 3x3 roof 2 high off the ground : tall enough for you, but too short for them to come under. Whack their feet.

2. If you can explore lots of dungeons and spider-infested Greatwood trees (dig at their best, then break the chest, then take everything), you will eventually find some Ender Lilies. Plant those on ideally End Stone, and you will have an Ender Pearl every ~4 hours for each Lily. The Lilies have a very small chance of dropping 2 when broken, so slowly over time, you will increase your Ender Lilies.

3. Find the Ender Stronghold, go to The End, slay the Dragon, then slay Endermen at leisure

Reactions: Dentvar

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Acctualy I need less ender Pearls for the Conuits then I thoguht. Since I can transport long distance by BC and just use the filter zone with EnderIO.

Also The Ender does have Looting enchant as basic attribute or why is it better for killing enderman? Still have 20 Dark Iron and dunno what to use it for.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
The Ender has a base attribute of causing endermen to drop more pearls. It also prohibits them from teleporting away when attacked with The Ender.

On a side note, it seems like putting down a RailCraft trade station smack in the middle of 60 villagers was a poor decision. I can't connect to our server anymore :(

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so while I've got some self induced downtime I'm thinking of a couple things.

I've been considering automating/separating my ore production lines so I can just dump ore in the appropriate chest and it will process all the way through. For example: Pulverize->Ore Wash->Pulverize->Centrifuge. Another might have Thermal Centrifuge instead of Ore Washing. Then I'll throw some logic into it also for things that should be run through a chemical bath, electromagnetic separator, electrolyzer, or sifter. One of the things holding me back from doing this earlier is filtering out the tiny dusts and such. What would be the best way to remove the tiny dusts from the process? It seems like even an advanced eIO conduit filter would not be able to handle all the options there. I know there's other sorting options available, but I haven't messed with any of them yet.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so while I've got some self induced downtime I'm thinking of a couple things.

I've been considering automating/separating my ore production lines so I can just dump ore in the appropriate chest and it will process all the way through. For example: Pulverize->Ore Wash->Pulverize->Centrifuge. Another might have Thermal Centrifuge instead of Ore Washing. Then I'll throw some logic into it also for things that should be run through a chemical bath, electromagnetic separator, electrolyzer, or sifter. One of the things holding me back from doing this earlier is filtering out the tiny dusts and such. What would be the best way to remove the tiny dusts from the process? It seems like even an advanced eIO conduit filter would not be able to handle all the options there. I know there's other sorting options available, but I haven't messed with any of them yet.

Refined Relocation has filtering methods that allow you to use ore dictionary and/or wildcards, so you can, for example, have it send all "tiny*;small*" to a few GT item buffers connected to a packager which can combine all your smaller dusts for you. In my set up I have two buffers with the stack size screwdrivered to 9, and two set to 4, with a chest that I dump all the smaller dusts into connected to them via RR. Then when there's a correct amount of those dusts they get sent to the packaer and converted to full piles of dust.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Acctualy I need less ender Pearls for the Conuits then I thoguht. Since I can transport long distance by BC and just use the filter zone with EnderIO.

Also The Ender does have Looting enchant as basic attribute or why is it better for killing enderman? Still have 20 Dark Iron and dunno what to use it for.

It does *NOT* have Looting built in to it, it's a hardcoded chance to get more pearls. This means that if you PUT Looting on it then you can get even more pearls than any other Looting enchanted weapon can offer you.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
It does *NOT* have Looting built in to it, it's a hardcoded chance to get more pearls. This means that if you PUT Looting on it then you can get even more pearls than any other Looting enchanted weapon can offer you.

I can confirm that it drops tons of pearls. I use an Ender (FULLY upgraded) as my weapon of choice and have it enchanted with Looting III, Experience III, Sharpness IV and it's pretty great. I have it fully empowered with the top capacitor and every EnderIO upgrade on it including traveling. There's weapons more powerful, but this one is fun!

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a way to harvest trees but collect the leaves instead of destroying them? Something like MFRs ability to do the same, because that's the only thing stopping me from being able to build a silverwood farm, I think that robot things from open computers could probably do it but I'd rather not have to code them to as it would be a pain.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
If I am not mistaken EnderIO Farming Station is now capable of shearing leaves.

Its also that clever, so It will stop shearing if it will be running low on saplings.

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Can't place cropsticks on empty farmland after update to 2.1.7

834vbqX.png
Fresh install of 2.1.7. I also cannot place crop sticks. The appear for a split second and then vanish.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding tree breeding: Is there any more reliable way of getting pollen from a Balsa wood tree?
First I built a greenhouse and put a balsa wood tree and a teak tree in it. I put apiaries in the treehouse. I chunk loaded it and let it run for a week. Neither tree polinated the other, only got pollinated by apple oaks and mundane larches (both of which are outside the territory of the bees in the treehouse.

Then I built another sealed greenhouse and put 3 balsa wood trees in it. I built an alveary in the greenhouse and installed a pollen seave in it with woven silk installed. I put industrious bees in the alveary with decent pollination stats. I end up with apple oak pollen only, no balsa wood pollen. :(

So I built an industrial apiary and put it deep underground so there wouldn't be any apple oak trees within range. I installed the appropriate upgrades to run underground (since I haven't perfected a bee strain that works anywhere yet). I also installed the pollen collector upgrade. I planted 2 balsa wood trees next to it. I also put down sheared balsa wood leaves. I let it run for 3 days. No balsa wood pollen.

I mean I built all of the GenDustry machines, so I guess I could genetic sample the balsa wood tree until somehow. Can I mutagen it by doing a balsa wood sappling and a teak pollen instead of a teak sappling and balsa pollen?

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone who have updated to v2.1.7 having issues finding tin ? My friends and I all restarted on a fresh generated map for this, we've only found 1 small vein(about 10'ish blocks) of Tin, but are not finding any at all other then that.. Even Tetra/Stib veins seem to be non-existent vs other versions of this pack..

(but we do have enough Magnetite/Coal too build a full world of steel/diamonds (we've even found Neodyn...)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Infernal Furnace in this pack cook Wood to Charcoal?

Also I´m a bit confused about how to get all the essencia for TC4.2 crafting.

I´m going to do all my farms with Golems for now and there for I will have to get a lot of humanus. Only source I found is Rotten flesh so far. And sure to get 2-3 golems there is no problem to go to the nether and hunt down some Pigmen. But for more golems it gets really annoying.

I saw on Internet that there was a way to get it with Mana Beans. But a Mana Bean farm in 4.2 has to be in magicforst… and also to get the required bean will be hard I gues. Cristaliation is a good way to at least not waste all the other asspects, but I would still need the Flesh.

How you solve this?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
No, the infernal furnace only does recipes a vanilla furnace does, as the wood to charcoal is disabled in a normal furnace it doesn't work in the infernal furnace either.

Also I´m a bit confused about how to get all the essencia for TC4.2 crafting.

I´m going to do all my farms with Golems for now and there for I will have to get a lot of humanus. Only source I found is Rotten flesh so far. And sure to get 2-3 golems there is no problem to go to the nether and hunt down some Pigmen. But for more golems it gets really annoying.
Get a centrifuge, messis is on pretty much every crop in existence and breaks down into humanus. Note as well humanus can be broken down into motus and spiritus so it can provide all of the aspects needed for a golem.

I saw on Internet that there was a way to get it with Mana Beans. But a Mana Bean farm in 4.2 has to be in magicforst… and also to get the required bean will be hard I gues. Cristaliation is a good way to at least not waste all the other asspects, but I would still need the Flesh.
Mana beans do only spawn in forests and you'll need all six primals to be able to get anywhere. Yes it is a pain to breed up, I made it to lucrum though off about three jars of herba essentia and a lamp of growth and was operating at well below optimal breeding strategies, it's perfectly possible though if slow. Don't bother with crystallization, while it can be useful it's much easier to just keep essentia in jars as jars are very cheap, you'll need the mystic construct for automated alchemy to be able to use essentia in alchemy but you really should get that anyway.

Hope I answered your questions, for a different topic. I've finally started actually making machines and my current strategy on the first few machines to build is as follows.

1. Wiremill, wires are 90% of the cost of the machines it feels like and this makes them 4x cheaper.
  2. Polarizer, extremely cheap and saves considerable amounts of redstone very quickly thanks to all the motors needed.
  3. Macerator, my strategy involved not having a steam one so this is really good. If you have a steam one skip this.
  4. Bender, more ingots saved from plates.
  5. ??? My current choices seem to be an ore washing machine, thermal centrifuge, and lathe.
So my question is more for that last bit, what order would you people suggest for the ore washing machine, thermal centrifuge, and centrifuge? It seems like the centrifuge may be better then the thermal version and the ore washer is best first but I'm not sure.

Reactions: Dentvar

Vechora

Jul 29, 2019

How you solve this?

I "solved" the humanus and for me instrumentum by just making an alchemical furnace +1 alembic which leads into an alchemical centrifuge.
Toss in a stack of crafting tables (4 fabricio each) gives you roughly 2 jars of humanus and 2 jars of instrumentum. Both of which can be centrifuged down to various other types of essentia. And the resource that gives all this is simple wood. I don't mind voiding all the humanus because I only need the instrumentum for pickaxe repairs via the TT reconstructor. For those who really oppose voiding, with a couple (a lot) more centrifuges, filters and buffers you could make an entire line of essentia processing from just crafting tables

fabricio: humanus instrumentum
humanus: bestia cognito
instrumentum: humanus ordo
bestia: motus victus
cognito: ignis spiritus
motus: aer ordo
victus: terra aqua
spiritus: mortuus victus
mortuus: perditio victus​

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Oh god... I´m stupid. I thoguht the Centrifuge just seperate into Primal asspects... Problem more then solved with this :)
I have to rethink my hole TC base now :)
But at least I do not have to search for all the stupid items to get the asspects. Only difficult one is still Auram. But well this is something I have to life with.

vorpalchicken

Jul 29, 2019
Is it safe to swap out OpenComputers for ComputerCraft or will it break other mods, the reason for doing this is that ComputerCraft just has way more support in the form of already written programs, whereas I'm finding OpenComuters pretty sparse inregards to already written programs.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
But at least I do not have to search for all the stupid items to get the asspects. Only difficult one is still Auram. But well this is something I have to life with.
Auram is actually pretty easy to get, just grow a ton of silverwoods and then break all the nodes that grow. You'll get plenty of ethereal essence which means plenty of auram. Alternatively there is mana beans, those are basically your only options though.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is it safe to swap out OpenComputers for ComputerCraft or will it break other mods, the reason for doing this is that ComputerCraft just has way more support in the form of already written programs, whereas I'm finding OpenComuters pretty sparse inregards to already written programs.
You dont write programs by yourself? Blasphemy...... Anyway: Swapping "Should" be fine.