[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I have a cobalt level JABBA full of gunpowder from mob spawners. Would I need more than that in the future?

I haven't made a cobalt level. Sounds like a lot. How much is that ?

It depends upon how much of the followning you'll be doing:
  • diamond/emerald dusts into their gems
  • Galacticraft plates
  • bedrockium drums
But, since you have that much, I'd go ahead and setup a couple of LV Assemblers, dediciate them to making TNT and Industrial TNT, and automate sand and flint dust production, i.e. start with cobblegen and SAG Mill / macerate for everything else.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I figured, it's a pity though. I was wanting to optimise my charcoal production with thaumcraft but without the ability to craft bowls efficiency and speed plummet to about taking six times as long and three times as much fuel. It's really quite annoying, it's still four or five times faster then a coke oven but it would've been twenty or thirty times faster.

I think I'll just have to chuck it over to being nether wart powered instead of wood powered as I want, at least they line up great although I'm not sure how feasible the four nether wart per log you'd need is.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't made a cobalt level. Sounds like a lot. How much is that ?

It depends upon how much of the followning you'll be doing:
  • diamond/emerald dusts into their gems
  • Galacticraft plates
  • bedrockium drums
But, since you have that much, I'd go ahead and setup a couple of LV Assemblers, dediciate them to making TNT and Industrial TNT, and automate sand and flint dust production, i.e. start with cobblegen and SAG Mill / macerate for everything else.

Well, cobalt level is above diamond and I'm fairly sure it holds over 200 upgrade slots. So a LOT. Most JABBA barrels flowing out of things like mob farms I upgrade to iron level, install a void upgrade, and one space upgrade which nets me a continual 128 stacks without overflow. Stuff I think I'm actually going to use en-mass I upgrade the crap out of the JABBAs. Once you get past the diamond level it actually gets cheaper to upgrade them with more slot spaces because I actually have an overflow of cobalt ingots and obsidian is cheap too. Iron/Gold are not a problem either due to farms for both of these. I turn probably 90% of my coal into industrial diamonds.

But yeah, I do agree that I need to automate industrial TNT. I'll probably need another cobblestone generator though as the LV one I have running now can barely keep up with the alumentum/3x cobble generation systems I have running now.

The only one that confused me here is bedrockium drums. Am I missing a recipe somewhere to compress cobble through the Implosion Compressor, or are you just referring to the diamonds required? I started out making industrial diamonds by crafting coal dust with flint into a coal ball, into a compressor for a coal chunk, and 8 coal chunks with an obsidian block crafted and back into a compressor for a diamond. Almost all automatic. I think it's more efficient on coal in the end to use the implosion compressor though no?

Reactions: MigukNamja

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'll just have to chuck it over to being nether wart powered instead of wood powered as I want, at least they line up great although I'm not sure how feasible the four nether wart per log you'd need is.
For what it's worth, I'm currently getting more nether wart than I am capable of using right now out of a 1/4 of an EnderIO farmer with max capacitor in it (sugarcane is half, and wheat is the other 1/4). I use Nether Wart for both thaumcraft and in a eIO vat for RF fuel.

I run another eIO farmer with standard oak trees in it that is chunk loaded and will supplement my MFR tree farm when I'm offline so that charcoal production keeps going. I do need to find another way to burn/use creosote oil though or I'm going to need to start voiding it soon. 2 36LP RC boilers can't burn it faster than I make it :(

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
The only one that confused me here is bedrockium drums. Am I missing a recipe somewhere to compress cobble through the Implosion Compressor, or are you just referring to the diamonds required? I started out making industrial diamonds by crafting coal dust with flint into a coal ball, into a compressor for a coal chunk, and 8 coal chunks with an obsidian block crafted and back into a compressor for a diamond. Almost all automatic. I think it's more efficient on coal in the end to use the implosion compressor though no?

Yes, the diamonds. And, since you're already making diamonds that way, no need for Implosion Compressor, correct. So, it looks like you need it only for Emeralds and GC.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the diamonds. And, since you're already making diamonds that way, no need for Implosion Compressor, correct. So, it looks like you need it only for Emeralds and GC.
Emeralds spawn within Beryllium veins. You don't need the Implosion Compressor for them. I used to have a suggestion to add a Compressed Iron recipe to the Implosion Compressor, as it uses explosions to compress materials. Same could go for the Quantum Entangled Singularities.

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Emeralds spawn within Beryllium veins. You don't need the Implosion Compressor for them. I used to have a suggestion to add a Compressed Iron recipe to the Implosion Compressor, as it uses explosions to compress materials. Same could go for the Quantum Entangled Singularities.

You can either hammer the ores directly into gems, or macerate them into dust, then use the Implosion Compressor to get gems, for a better output, from what I remember.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
You can either hammer the ores directly into gems, or macerate them into dust, then use the Implosion Compressor to get gems, for a better output, from what I remember.

Yes. The sequence is:

Pulverizer
Ore washer
Sifter
Hammer/Macerator
Implosion Compressor

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack update v2.1.7 - You thought you will get away with IC2 cables? Not anymore.
Updated Mods:
- AsieLib to 0.3.10
- Automagy to 0.21
- BDLib to 1.7.0.68
- Bibliocraft to 1.10.2
- BoP to 2.1.0.1129
- Buildcraft to 6.4.5
- Buildcraft Compat to 6.4.1
- Chisel to 2.3.8.35
- Computronics to 1.4.3
- Enchiridion to 2.0e
- EnderIO to 2.2.8.363
- ExtrasCells to 2.2.62b93
- Galacticraft to 3.0.10.300
- GemBlocksForGreg to 1.3
- Gendustry to 1.4.9.74
- Nuclear Control to 2.2.0a
- IHL to 0.533
- IC2 to 2.2.703
- Jabba to 1.2.1a
- LogisticsPipes to 0.8.3.113
- Malisis Core to 0.11.1
- Malisis Doors to 1.4.4
- Minechem to 5.0.5.394
- MobiusCore to 1.2.4
- ModTweaker to 0.7.5
- NEIAddons to 1.12.6.18
- NEI to 1.0.4.94
- OpenBlocks to 1.3-572
- OpenComputers to 1.5.3.10
- OpenModsLib to 0.6-325
- Opis to 1.2.4a
- ProjectRed to 4.5.15.75
- ProjectZulu to 1.4c2
- RefinedRelocation to 1.0.7g
- SecretRooms Mod to 4.7.1.413
- ThaumicTinkerer to 2.5-474
- ttCore to 0.1.1-71
- Waila to 1.5.10
- WailaPlugins to 0.0.1-14
- Yampst-InfiTech 2 to 2.1.7

Config changes/fixes:
- Thaumic Tinkerer Spellbinding Cloth is back - cant be bothered to fix the enchanter recipe, because it will not show the changed recipe in the Thaumonimicon. Will the cloth + gt tools exploit be fixed? Who knows.
- Big Reactors turbines were producing too little RF/t. Its back to normal now.
- IC2 power transfer style is no longer lossless. MUHAHAHA
- Fixed few script entries
- Lots and lots of mod bug fixes... Really, do not expect me to by typing them all in here, I dont have time to do that.

v2.1.7 is not set as recommended, yet. You need to select it from the dropdown menu. It will be moved to recommended in few days, if there will be no issues with that.

It might take some time for v2.1.7 will show up in the launcher at all... I am making this post in advance :)

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, ive got a little bit of a dilemma here;
Friday through Sunday, my internet was so crappy i could expect to wait 60 seconds to open a chest or any kind of gui.
Now, my internet is back and it works ... for the most part its now a stable speed of at least 5mbit+, which out of 20 is still utter fucking garbage ... hmm, primetime hits and my connection goes down the toilet?
So basically with the awesome power of a supposedly 20mbit connection, my feet never find the ground when i try to log in.
My provider is Eastlink btw, this isnt the first time this issue has occured either - i can test the connection at random intervals any time during the day (i actually took today off of work to wait for a technical support rep to come up to my door and lie to my face, yet again, that he tested everything from the exchange end and had no issues) and its crystal clear 15+ (a little shaky, but it holds there or above.)
Right now however, using any number of tests including Eastlink (NG) - i can hit a result of anything between 1.98mbit and 19.72mbit, is this the telltale sign of connection throttling ... or are they just trying to cover up the fact that theyve got too many people on the line here?

Packet loss, go figure ... right after the technician leaves town for a week too.
All it took to get them to admit there was an issue was me accusing them of bald-faced lying to me...

Last edited:

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack update v2.1.7 - You thought you will get away with IC2 cables? Not anymore.
(spoiler removed)

v2.1.7 is not set as recommended, yet. You need to select it from the dropdown menu. It will be moved to recommended in few days, if there will be no issues with that.

It might take some time for v2.1.7 will show up in the launcher at all... I am making this post in advance :)

Hi, my name is Timeslice and I approve this product and/or service.

On a related note could you finally promote 2.1.6 to recommended so that people like @JoeVengence will update? :p

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
lolwut?
I thought sheldonite/plat veins only spawned in the end?

Attachments

• 2015-03-26_23.48.12.png
    2015-03-26_23.48.12.png
    397.6 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Dentvar

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Sifter sifter sifter sifter sifter sifter sifter sifter

By the way, the Implosion Comp gives a 4:3 ratio of dusts to gems. Pretty bad.
lolwut?
Nope, they're just really really really really REALLY rare in the OW.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, ive got a little bit of a dilemma here;
Friday through Sunday, my internet was so crappy i could expect to wait 60 seconds to open a chest or any kind of gui.
Now, my internet is back and it works ... for the most part its now a stable speed of at least 5mbit+, which out of 20 is still utter fucking garbage ... hmm, primetime hits and my connection goes down the toilet?
So basically with the awesome power of a supposedly 20mbit connection, my feet never find the ground when i try to log in.
My provider is Eastlink btw, this isnt the first time this issue has occured either - i can test the connection at random intervals any time during the day (i actually took today off of work to wait for a technical support rep to come up to my door and lie to my face, yet again, that he tested everything from the exchange end and had no issues) and its crystal clear 15+ (a little shaky, but it holds there or above.)
Right now however, using any number of tests including Eastlink (NG) - i can hit a result of anything between 1.98mbit and 19.72mbit, is this the telltale sign of connection throttling ... or are they just trying to cover up the fact that theyve got too many people on the line here?

Packet loss, go figure ... right after the technician leaves town for a week too.
All it took to get them to admit there was an issue was me accusing them of bald-faced lying to me...

If I would be a bad person I would say its the server :p Since yesterday I got the same problem. But @MigukNamja will kill me if I say this and it is probably just pure coincidence that Canada and Spain have I-net Problems :p
Also, in wich town do you live that the Customer Service of your provider is depending on the Technician holyday? Oo

lolwut?

Better hide the Coordinates next time. Maybe nothing is there when you come back next day ;)

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
So my OpenBlocks item cannon isn't working quite right. It doesn't send anything from the quarry to the vacuum chest at my base at all until I go into the chunk where the cannon is at. The quarry and the cannon are in loaded chunks.

I almost crashed the server when I went there this time:
9nkcjnc.jpg

Any ideas why this might not work? I ran 3 ender quarries through this setup prior and it went fine, now this time it doesn't work well at all. (not asking for bugfix, old version, etc)