[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Miguk, you'll never guess what i'm tinkering with lately. I'm breeding fish in mariculture.

There's absolutely no good reason for this; they're not super useful as far as I can tell, but I've always wanted to look into it and I thought you'd find it amusing that the Anti-Drone would be playing with breeding.

Heh heh. I've always wanted to breed fish, too. Just never got around to it. At least they look cool. Each species of fish has a different shape, unlike bees. I think Mariculture has more fishy/water sounds, too. Bees don't even buzz.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
What - lava is painful ?
No, it's the fact that you can't mine the good stuff. I can't even mine graphite with these 6 pickaxes. Lava is painful as well though. Even if I do use waypoints, I won't remember the vein and it'll just stay there.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
No, it's the fact that you can't mine the good stuff. I can't even mine graphite with these 6 pickaxes. Lava is painful as well though. Even if I do use waypoints, I won't remember the vein and it'll just stay there.

Cobalt pickaxes are Level 3, as are Thaumcraft shard pickaxes (no Thaumcraft required !), as are Thaumium (very little Thaumcraft required). All of these are early-game Level 3 pickaxes.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, no Binnies on our server.

If you find any cobalt, you can make a level 3 (diamond level) pick from that. Also some of the thaumcraft shards, and also Thaumium can be crafted into Tier 3 picksaxes. The durability isn't as good but you can at least get some diamonds that way.

Edit the names of your waypoints? I have probably at least a hundred waypoints, probably way more. I mark every ore vein i find as in "Diamond Vein" or "Casserite Vein". All ore veins are given the same color (blue). Once I mine a vein out I delete the waypoint and if necessary mark a new "dig here" waypoint 3 chunk grid marks away in white. I dig to check for ore in every 3 chunks.

I mark large oil wells with purple, and edit the waypoints of any wells where I currently have a pump so I can find my pumps again :) I mark hungry nodes in red. I also waypoint other exceptional nodes, but use that other thaumcraft client-side mod that jayson linked a dozen pages back to keep track of other nodes. I also waypoint any abandoned mines, pyramids, strongholds, dungeons, etc that I find.

In other words, I waypoint the heck out of stuff, but do it with a sort of system and color coded method so I can always go back and find things.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Cobalt pickaxes are Level 3, as are Thaumcraft shard pickaxes (no Thaumcraft required !), as are Thaumium (very little Thaumcraft required). All of these are early-game Level 3 pickaxes.

This could be a "dlur's running an old outdated version of Infitech2" thing, but when I went to craft Thaumcraft shard pickaxes, they would only work if I used a thaumium rod handle. I ended up having a Nickel vein right below my base, so I wound up using Cobalt until I secured my first diamond vein.

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Yes !!

Here's what I do:

1. Enable Binnie's for the Acclimitizer
2. Stick Max. Fert. Princess and Drone (ex. Wintry or Majestic) into Acclimitizer with Ice Blocks, water wax capsules, and lava wax capsules, and let run
3. Stick back in with just sand and let run
4. Take finished Princess and Drone and breed until you have Temp and Humid Both5/Both5.
5. Breed in other handy traits like Faster/Fastest Production (Aer Bees), Cave/Rain/Nocturnal/Diurnal (Rocky), and Shortest Life (Cultivated)
6. Make a ton of Princesses of some species that doesn't have any further mutations
7. Take 1 Nether-loving drone and breed with Princess from step 6.
8. Take hybrid and breed with another pure Princess from step 6.
9. Repeat until you have hybrid with all desired traits
10. Breed hybrid princess and hybrid drone until you have pure Princess and Drones of Nether-loving species (from step 7)

I only have to cycle steps 8 and 9 about 4 or 5 times. Step 10 takes another 4 to 5 times. I use Oblivion Frames if available. Otherwise, I use Necrotic Frames (use Thauminomicon recipe, not NEI recipe).

I extract traits with Gendustry, make a 12/13 chromosomes template with the best traits, then duplicate it and add the species that I need.

Reactions: MigukNamja

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Nice! What's the interface from the almbelics and such look like? How do you spit essentia back into an alchemical construct?
There are digisentia researches that let you place ME Interfaces on the Infusion Altar and convert them into blocks that feed the infusion altar and the alchemical construct, respectively. The alchemical construct block needs to be placed directly next to it and the ME network cable; the infusion altar feed just needs to be in range and on the ME network. I also have two export busses that feed into a thaumic restorer and a potentia refill station; and an import bus that takes the furnace output into the network. So nifty!

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
There are digisentia researches that let you place ME Interfaces on the Infusion Altar and convert them into blocks that feed the infusion altar and the alchemical construct, respectively. The alchemical construct block needs to be placed directly next to it and the ME network cable; the infusion altar feed just needs to be in range and on the ME network. I also have two export busses that feed into a thaumic restorer and a potentia refill station; and an import bus that takes the furnace output into the network. So nifty!
Sweet, I'll need to look into that. I'm back on a Thaumcraft kick. I am in the process of setting up an automated charcoal->alumentum setup. I think it's going to take a while to process this charcoal though...
S0SQ616.png

anakin-its-working-o.gif

KfykH6z.png

Just a couple thousand stacks of charcoal to go!

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
As I look at those screenshots, I keep thinking that I really need to invest some time into making some conduit facades. Or, you know, not building everything out of stone, for that matter. But then again I rarely build bases, rather I dig them. My son teases me that I'm just a dwarf at heart.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I just learned about the Thaumic Reconstructur. Is he able to also repair GT Tools like hammer, File? I´m getting really annoyed recrafting them.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to autocraft with GT tools? Without GT machines, I've tried a few different things but they had varying rates of success. Steve's Workshop will work until the tool has enough durability for one craft left and then it will fail always and never break the tool, Refined Relocation will work but it will consume the entire durability every time, the Auto Workbench just won't accept the tool in the first place, Forestry Worktables worked perfectly but I couldn't figure out how to automate them, and the Golem's Workbench works except for the fact it considers the different NBT from durability to be a different item so only works once. So is there anything that works?
I just learned about the Thaumic Reconstructur. Is he able to also repair GT Tools like hammer, File? I´m getting really annoyed recrafting them.
No it can't repair GT tools.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to autocraft with GT tools? Without GT machines, I've tried a few different things but they had varying rates of success. Steve's Workshop will work until the tool has enough durability for one craft left and then it will fail always and never break the tool, Refined Relocation will work but it will consume the entire durability every time, the Auto Workbench just won't accept the tool in the first place, Forestry Worktables worked perfectly but I couldn't figure out how to automate them, and the Golem's Workbench works except for the fact it considers the different NBT from durability to be a different item so only works once. So is there anything that works?

AE2 works, but is arguably the most expensive (by far) autocrafting solution in this pack and - ironically - by the time you have such an AE2 auto-crafting system, you're probably not making too many more GT machines.

No it can't repair GT tools.

@Dentvar
What @Xavion said. Most mods implement damage using vanilla NBT damage values. However, Greg uses his own structure, which means mechanics like the Thaumic Tinkerer Thaumic Restorer that work using vanilla damage only can't repair those tools.

For GT tools, I use the best material I can find, which is usually (in order of progression):
  1. Wrought Iron
  2. Steel
  3. Tungstensteel
...and just accept they will eventually break.

I've dabbled with the rechargeable (electric) tools, but their charge is pathetic. By the time you can make those, it's just easier to burn a few more (Tungsten)steel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dentvar

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
AE works. Worktables are unautomatable.

Dammit Miguk, you ninja'd me!

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Just a couple thousand stacks of charcoal to go!

If you've researched Duplication, you can use a nearly identical setup (charcoal and cobblestone in) to turn 1 gunpowder into 2. Use the eIO input/output (full duplex) mode to cycle your gunpowder back into the alchemical construct to make more.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
If you've researched Duplication, you can use a nearly identical setup (charcoal and cobblestone in) to turn 1 gunpowder into 2. Use the eIO input/output (full duplex) mode to cycle your gunpowder back into the alchemical construct to make more.
I have a cobalt level JABBA full of gunpowder from mob spawners. Would I need more than that in the future?