[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So my OpenBlocks item cannon isn't working quite right. It doesn't send anything from the quarry to the vacuum chest at my base at all until I go into the chunk where the cannon is at. The quarry and the cannon are in loaded chunks.

I almost crashed the server when I went there this time:

Any ideas why this might not work? I ran 3 ender quarries through this setup prior and it went fine, now this time it doesn't work well at all. (not asking for bugfix, old version, etc)
If this is an old version, I think you need to test a newer version to see if its addressed.

You should also test to see if you have a different experience in single player.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone some Idea what more I could test?
I¨m playing on a server and for others it works great. I got a 150ms ping to server I played for some weeks on it now.
Since yesterday I just fall through the floor to more or less -y: 7000
I reloaded Pack. I disables Resourcepack. I reinstalled Java. I allocated less Ram(had 4 GB of my 8 allocated now 3)
Changed from Java 1.8 to 1.7.
Server Admin does not see any problems and can join on his own from a other network then the server is at without any problems.

Fuck my life.. Yesterday and today I got 2 hours early at home from work to play since I just made me a wonderfull to Do list and now I can´t play....

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Likely a silly question: how do I get steam out of a big reactor in this modpack? Is this possible? In the youtube video I watched for big reactors, they set up a standard reactor with a coolant port, and right-clicked the coolant port block with an empty hand, causing it to change from input to output. This does not seem to be the case in this modpack, however.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Likely a silly question: how do I get steam out of a big reactor in this modpack? Is this possible? In the youtube video I watched for big reactors, they set up a standard reactor with a coolant port, and right-clicked the coolant port block with an empty hand, causing it to change from input to output. This does not seem to be the case in this modpack, however.
It works as normal, although you may need to use a wrench to rotate that coolant port, I forget.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
It works as normal, although you may need to use a wrench to rotate that coolant port, I forget.

Ah, big thanks! Looks like only certain wrenches will work: EnderIO Yeta Wrench, BuildCraft Wrench, Forestry Wrench, GC Standard Wrench. Oddly enough, the GT wrench won't work.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ah, big thanks! Looks like only certain wrenches will work: EnderIO Yeta Wrench, BuildCraft Wrench, Forestry Wrench, GC Standard Wrench. Oddly enough, the GT wrench won't work.
Yeah, I should have mentioned that, sorry. Generally speaking, there's IC2 wrenches, GT wrenches, and "everyone else's" wrenches.

GT stuff will work on IC2 stuff, but not often on anything else.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
If I would be a bad person I would say its the server :p Since yesterday I got the same problem. But @MigukNamja will kill me if I say this and it is probably just pure coincidence that Canada and Spain have I-net Problems :p
Also, in wich town do you live that the Customer Service of your provider is depending on the Technician holyday? Oo

Better hide the Coordinates next time. Maybe nothing is there when you come back next day ;)

And they only have one technician in this pisshole town, he visits on Thursdays.
Also private world :p

Medicant

Jul 29, 2019
Can't place cropsticks on empty farmland after update to 2.1.7

834vbqX.png

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay i have a question: fresh ssp world, in which i started smelting iron nuggets out into what id hoped would be wrought iron and instead got steel - i'm aware from past experience on @MigukNamja 's server, that this is in part due to the fact that the RC blast furnace is disabled, something else is overwriting GregTech? o_O but i lack the experience with MT to find it, do i need to write a script to force it to identify the product as wrought iron nuggets? (this is why ive avoided scripts, makes my head hurt)

Edit; seems to of fixed itself?
i dont know how now but im getting wrought iron without changing anything inside any of the scripts or configs... weird...

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to OF fixed itself? That doesn't even make sense. I normally hate people who mistake have with of, and especially in that situation, but I guess I can't be a dick everyday.
Pro tip; I have issues with spelling and grammar while they are not as bad as they used to be, some of the rules of English don't always get into my head when i'm writing and typing :p

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I have problems finding the end... It is not a mod pack spicific issue but maybe you can help me anyway :)
Since enderpearls are hard to get in this pack and I realy want some EnderIo ite conduits I wan´t to get to the end at least to get some Lilis so far I had no luck in the overworld.
So I found out about the "trick" to convert the coordinates of 2 ender Eye thrugh into: y= mx+b I did this in a test world like 3 times but the portal was never even near the point. I used this Page to do this: http://www.kurztutorial.info/programme/geradenSchnittpunkt/geradenSchnittpunkt.htm (sorry its german)

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
I have problems finding the end... It is not a mod pack spicific issue but maybe you can help me anyway :)
Since enderpearls are hard to get in this pack and I realy want some EnderIo ite conduits I wan´t to get to the end at least to get some Lilis so far I had no luck in the overworld.
So I found out about the "trick" to convert the coordinates of 2 ender Eye thrugh into: y= mx+b I did this in a test world like 3 times but the portal was never even near the point. I used this Page to do this: http://www.kurztutorial.info/programme/geradenSchnittpunkt/geradenSchnittpunkt.htm (sorry its german)

Something similar happened to me, might be the same thing.

I have used plenty of Ender Eyes to pinpoint the exact location, dug a bunch of holes, but the Stronghold wasn't there. The thing is, there was a bunch of of world borders around, so I guess that, due to either crashes or updates (I never know how it works), that particular Stronghold was rewritten.

What I did was travel 1-2-3k blocks away from spawn, in a random direction, so that I could track a different Stronghold, and that solved the problem.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
No, can´t be my case becouse in the test world if I manualy search for the stronhold by using eyes of ender, I find it. But I do not want to use like 12 ender pearls for this...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No, can´t be my case becouse in the test world if I manualy search for the stronhold by using eyes of ender, I find it. But I do not want to use like 12 ender pearls for this...
No matter what happens you shouldn't have to use that many. You recover most of what you throw. Just make sure to run a long way before doing another toss.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I just never wen´t there :p 2 years MC and never was to the end. Always played easy packs were I could make a spawner. SO I see that I have to activate it with up to 8 ender eyes... So I will need a lot anyway :) Just got 8 in the hole world for now.