[1.7.10] Journey to the Core (Hardcore, HQM)

MonthOLDpickle

Jul 29, 2019
Ah will check now! Any way to adjust the opacity of the tooltip?

Yea holy cow those amounts of silverfish -.-

Last edited:

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Ah will check now! Any way to adjust the opacity of the tooltip?

Yea holy cow those amounts of silverfish -.-

Yup, the opacity and location of the tooltip can be changed by pushing Numpad 0 and clicking WAILA. That will give you the options. The silverfish are not too terrible if you use the bug swatter item that you get from the 3rd quest since they one shot all but the tough silverfish. Just make sure you don't mine the silverfish blocks and you'll be safe.

RandomAccount3093

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem, whenever I click the Create New World button, it says the Lockdown template doesn't exist. Any ideas? P.S. I have reinstalled several times.

Reactions: Pudding01

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
I have a problem, whenever I click the Create New World button, it says the Lockdown template doesn't exist. Any ideas? P.S. I have reinstalled several times.

This sounds like ftb isn't giving you all of the files. Basically, the pack runs from a pre-built template from the folder "template" in the packs main minecraft directory. Double check the folder to see if it is there, if not, then you're not getting all the files for some reason.

Gq1rf7

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intentional that monsters occasionally spawn in light in the deep caves? It wasn't that bad until it happened on the battlefield (though, it's annoying when they spawn behind you, but now that a creeper spawned in my base, this is not fun at all. I press F7, and there are no red crosses on the places they spawn.

In the survival questline on the top right, you have to get blocks of ingots for each quest, except the silver one, where you have to get skeleton skulls. What?! And it says skeletons carry silver with them? I never got any silver from skeletons. And turning in 2 skeleton skulls took a very long time, compared to the other quests.

In the Noah's Ark and Co questline the Hen House wants me to kill 20 snowmen and 50 slimes. There is probably a recipe for snow golems, but what about the slimes? Do they just spawn like in the vanilla Minecraft? I'm on day 182 and still haven't seen a single slime. I do see blue slimes a lot, but not the green slimes. I know, if they spawn just like in vanilla, I need to go underground, so that's why I haven't seen any, but still. I don't really see the point in building a slime farm just for this.

The Head Hunter quest says turn in 100 heads in the description, but only 50 is needed. (50 is enough, dont make it 100, lol)

The quest Withering Heights is about wither skeletons. In the first part at the killing task there is a wither skeleton symbol, but only skeleton is written above it, and killing any skeleton will do it. I don't know if it's a mistake or not.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
[QUOTE="Gq1rf7, post: 942239, member: 170291"The quest Withering Heights is about wither skeletons. In the first part at the killing task there is a wither skeleton symbol, but only skeleton is written above it, and killing any skeleton will do it. I don't know if it's a mistake or not.[/QUOTE]
I think that's because Wither Skeles are just a varient of skeleton occording to minecraft, which is why when you put a skele spawner in the nether it will spawn wither skeles.

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intentional that monsters occasionally spawn in light in the deep caves? It wasn't that bad until it happened on the battlefield (though, it's annoying when they spawn behind you, but now that a creeper spawned in my base, this is not fun at all. I press F7, and there are no red crosses on the places they spawn.

In the survival questline on the top right, you have to get blocks of ingots for each quest, except the silver one, where you have to get skeleton skulls. What?! And it says skeletons carry silver with them? I never got any silver from skeletons. And turning in 2 skeleton skulls took a very long time, compared to the other quests.

In the Noah's Ark and Co questline the Hen House wants me to kill 20 snowmen and 50 slimes. There is probably a recipe for snow golems, but what about the slimes? Do they just spawn like in the vanilla Minecraft? I'm on day 182 and still haven't seen a single slime. I do see blue slimes a lot, but not the green slimes. I know, if they spawn just like in vanilla, I need to go underground, so that's why I haven't seen any, but still. I don't really see the point in building a slime farm just for this.

The Head Hunter quest says turn in 100 heads in the description, but only 50 is needed. (50 is enough, dont make it 100, lol)

The quest Withering Heights is about wither skeletons. In the first part at the killing task there is a wither skeleton symbol, but only skeleton is written above it, and killing any skeleton will do it. I don't know if it's a mistake or not.

*Yup, monsters in the deep dark do spawn no matter what the light level is (this is just a default for the Deep Dark that has always been there) You can make a magnum torch to counter this.
*Skellies don't drop silver, the description for that quest is just a joke (since skeletons are just bones they obviously wouldn't be able to carry anything :p The quest is meant to let you obtain silver earlier by only killing skeletons. This quest can be done incredibly quick by putting the beheading modifier on your weapon or making a cleaver. It takes me usually about 10-15 skeletons at the most to obtain them.
*The quest for 50 slimes has been changed so that won't be an issue in the next update.
*The head hunter quest is being changed to 25 heads and I had merely forgotten to change the quest description.
*Killing any skeleton will do for the withering heights quest, this is because wither skellies and normal skellies have the same entity ID and they are technically considered the same mob. It's not a mistake :)

[QUOTE="Gq1rf7, post: 942239, member: 170291"The quest Withering Heights is about wither skeletons. In the first part at the killing task there is a wither skeleton symbol, but only skeleton is written above it, and killing any skeleton will do it. I don't know if it's a mistake or not.
I think that's because Wither Skeles are just a varient of skeleton occording to minecraft, which is why when you put a skele spawner in the nether it will spawn wither skeles.[/QUOTE]

^^ Absolutely correct

chef_tony303

Jul 29, 2019
Game looks awesome, but i keep having major lag spikes? starts at 50fps and then randomly drops to 2-5fps every couple seconds? My laptop runs others mods like Madpack 2 and Crackpack just fine.

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Game looks awesome, but i keep having major lag spikes? starts at 50fps and then randomly drops to 2-5fps every couple seconds? My laptop runs others mods like Madpack 2 and Crackpack just fine.

I'm uploading an update today that will hopefully be up on FTB within the next couple of days. This should help with some lag generated from mobs (mostly blazes). If you're still getting lag I would recommend adding Fastcraft to your mods since I'm not allowed to add it to the pack for download myself. This normally smooths out fps and helps boost frames. I know madpack adds this by sending you to the website so it may be a reason as to why you are able to run that pack much better. Keep me posted on whether or not this helps :)

FFlinta213

Jul 29, 2019
@Darkosto
U can add Fastcraft to the modpack
Redistribution of FastCraft is only allowed under the following terms:
- FastCraft may only be redistributed as part of a mod pack, i.e. a collection of mods intended to be typically used as a whole on top of Minecraft. Individual copies of FastCraft must not be shared unless they are in a non-advertised, non-browsable repository for automatic download methods (launchers, installers), in which case they are treated as a part of the mod packs referencing them.
- The FastCraft binary (jar) shipped with the mod pack must not have its contents altered and has to be bit identical to an official release.
- The download and the way to get there must be free of charge and ad free, except for a basic banner/text/sponsor ad typically occupying less than 100,000 pixels total on a 1920*1080 pixel display.
- If using the mod pack typically involves the use of a launcher or installer, it's required that it allows the user to easily disable or manually upgrade FastCraft.
- The mod pack description must highlight the use of FastCraft, contain a link to this thread, tell what it does and who made it and ask the users to always mention FastCraft being used in bug reports. An entry in some mod list is insufficient.
- The version being redistributed must not be older than 3 weeks since a more recent version compatible with the same Minecraft version was released. Versions not posted in this opening post don't count as releases.
- Redistribution permissions are not permanently granted, they automatically expire within 3 weeks and need to be reacquired by agreeing to the latest conditions and implementing any potential changes, including ceasing redistribution altogether as required.

TL;DR: Only for mod packs, unmodified, no pay or ad wall, warning+link+author+bug report mentioning in the description, disableable+upgradeable in launchers, update within 3 weeks, conditions may change.

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
@Darkosto
U can add Fastcraft to the modpack
Redistribution of FastCraft is only allowed under the following terms:
- FastCraft may only be redistributed as part of a mod pack, i.e. a collection of mods intended to be typically used as a whole on top of Minecraft. Individual copies of FastCraft must not be shared unless they are in a non-advertised, non-browsable repository for automatic download methods (launchers, installers), in which case they are treated as a part of the mod packs referencing them.
- The FastCraft binary (jar) shipped with the mod pack must not have its contents altered and has to be bit identical to an official release.
- The download and the way to get there must be free of charge and ad free, except for a basic banner/text/sponsor ad typically occupying less than 100,000 pixels total on a 1920*1080 pixel display.
- If using the mod pack typically involves the use of a launcher or installer, it's required that it allows the user to easily disable or manually upgrade FastCraft.
- The mod pack description must highlight the use of FastCraft, contain a link to this thread, tell what it does and who made it and ask the users to always mention FastCraft being used in bug reports. An entry in some mod list is insufficient.
- The version being redistributed must not be older than 3 weeks since a more recent version compatible with the same Minecraft version was released. Versions not posted in this opening post don't count as releases.
- Redistribution permissions are not permanently granted, they automatically expire within 3 weeks and need to be reacquired by agreeing to the latest conditions and implementing any potential changes, including ceasing redistribution altogether as required.

TL;DR: Only for mod packs, unmodified, no pay or ad wall, warning+link+author+bug report mentioning in the description, disableable+upgradeable in launchers, update within 3 weeks, conditions may change.

Yeah, the terms were just recently changed. I have been waiting on a few responses before I add it to the pack. Thank you for the post :)

chef_tony303

Jul 29, 2019
I'm uploading an update today that will hopefully be up on FTB within the next couple of days. This should help with some lag generated from mobs (mostly blazes). If you're still getting lag I would recommend adding Fastcraft to your mods since I'm not allowed to add it to the pack for download myself. This normally smooths out fps and helps boost frames. I know madpack adds this by sending you to the website so it may be a reason as to why you are able to run that pack much better. Keep me posted on whether or not this helps :)
Thanks for the quick reply! I found that soartex resource pack (journey to the core edition) was part of the problem, once i went to default texture pack i had better fps, and after a few attempts and a couple computer restarts, i rarely dropped below 50 fps. Holy shnikiez! Even on easy that packs tough!: D. But where are the dead wood logs for the second quest? All ive found are dead leaves(chisel) in the starting area?

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply! I found that soartex resource pack (journey to the core edition) was part of the problem, once i went to default texture pack i had better fps, and after a few attempts and a couple computer restarts, i rarely dropped below 50 fps. Holy shnikiez! Even on easy that packs tough!: D. But where are the dead wood logs for the second quest? All ive found are dead leaves(chisel) in the starting area?

No problem at all! Texture packs can do that for sure. I'm glad you were able to figure it out! :) The second quest for the logs is supposed to be in the starting area but the last update removed them. I fixed it and sent the next update this morning so hopefully it should be out in the next day or two.

Jul 29, 2019
everytime i create a new world there is no dead trees to chop down to continue the questline. is anyone else having this issue?

Loopy

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the modpack so far.

Only issue I have is that an earthquake noise has been playing for almost 2 in-game days. Is this normal? Is there a way to get it to stop? Its kind of annoying at this point. My screen doesn't shake or anything like that. I just seemingly hear it all the time.

Also, is anyone else having a hard time finding water? I've been exploring for an in-game week and have only found one random water bock while mining.

Lots of fun so far!